Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Dude, Desura IS dead. Stop clinging to a fool's hope and get a Steam key while it's still nice and easy to get one. You really don't want to miss the opportunity to (legitimately) own this game.

How is desura not legitimate?

Fine, ignore everything I said. Here's your other option: http://af.gog.com/game/underrail?as=1649904300

Already bought the game.
Well, your options are to get the Steam key from Desura, or play the non updated version from Desura, or buy the game again from Gog. Desura is dead and you should hurry with requesting your steam key as it may become unavailable soon. But its all your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some say he has no concept of time, and that his grandmother once knighted 330 people by accident before they realised she wasnt the queen.

All we know is, he's called The Styg!

made

Arcane
Hate to buy blind (never played the alpha) but this seems really promising. 12 bucks on GOG - why the hell not. Merry Xmas Styg.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I can't access these freezers, is it intended?
99ac44ddc17b8d42d166acdbe4ef7f34.jpg

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Double fuck. GoG version is no different. Crashlog is the same. :(

This sounds to me like you have a conflicting version of something installed. I'm not sure what that could be though. You could try checking your installed programs and maybe reinstall stuff like XNA, DirectX or VC++ redists.

Alfons

Prophet
So psi was nerfed, huh. Those psi costs, holy shit.

And wasn't there talk of removing the channeling time for psi?

Yeah, steam boards are gold.
I'm complaining that there's such a weird number for a discount, that's it. I don't have a problem paying money to a great game. But it gives me the creeps to see such a miserable discount tries to show off that "it has some sort of a discount."

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Saw the game cannot be bought on Gamersgate at the moment. :rage:
Then I connected myself to my account and saw that I can download 1.0 version. :yeah:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, Steam, you so crazy. Can't play on my brother-in-law's computer because you insist on changing the program structure of the machine just to run the game. Oh well, I guess I will wait until I'm done house-sitting.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So psi was nerfed, huh. Those psi costs, holy shit.

And wasn't there talk of removing the channeling time for psi?

Yeah, steam boards are gold.
I'm complaining that there's such a weird number for a discount, that's it. I don't have a problem paying money to a great game. But it gives me the creeps to see such a miserable discount tries to show off that "it has some sort of a discount."

The psi costs are the same. The only nerf is that you take a large hit to your HP if you take Psi.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And now that I got home i found out there is a blackout in my neighborhood. Apparently some idiot crashed into a post and fucked up the cables. I hope he died. Sincerely hope he is burning in hell for delaying me Underrail.

Sheepherder

Augur
Double fuck. GoG version is no different. Crashlog is the same. :(

This sounds to me like you have a conflicting version of something installed. I'm not sure what that could be though. You could try checking your installed programs and maybe reinstall stuff like XNA, DirectX or VC++ redists.
Reinstalling VC++ redists did the trick. It's strange though, I had all of them installed already.

Sykar

Arcane
The psi costs are the same. The only nerf is that you take a large hit to your HP if you take Psi.
How much Psi does neural overload cost?

Ah, never mind, you're right. Some of the psi costs were made higher. I was looking at the Action Point cost. I guess the Psionic gear and psi hypos are finally useful.

This is why Premidation is such an important talent imho.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Like it a lot so far, except for the frequent 'Failed to transition' messages that crash my game. Planning to focus my character on firearms and crafting.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Like it a lot so far, except for the frequent 'Failed to transition' messages that crash my game. Planning to focus my character on firearms and crafting.

There's a transition crash log in Documents\My Games\Underrail. Could you post one of them here?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How much Psi does neural overload cost?

Ah, never mind, you're right. Some of the psi costs were made higher. I was looking at the Action Point cost. I guess the Psionic gear and psi hypos are finally useful.

This is why Premidation is such an important talent imho.

It was always important, but now it's even more so. The feat that gives +maximum Psi with the headbands and the Psi gear that reduces psi cost with a % are far more valuable now as well. I never used any Psi hypos before, either. I guess now you gotta.

Alfons

Prophet
Premeditation was always important. It's a free action every couple of turns.

Styg also fucked up my early cash influx.
It used to be more than 500 now it's only 250. :(

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
For those that have played a decent amount of the Early Access version:

Is the Normal difficulty level actually old school Normal, or should I just go straight for Hard? Just don't want the game to turn into a cakewalk after a few hours, even though I'm not planning to powergame or anything.

I also assume the Oddity XP system is the way to play the game, rather than using the classic system?

Alfons

Prophet
It was always important, but now it's even more so. The feat that gives +maximum Psi with the headbands and the Psi gear that reduces psi cost with a % are far more valuable now as well. I never used any Psi hypos before, either. I guess now you gotta.
Yeah, kinda sucks. I find myself running out even against early trash encounters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom