Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Code Vein - new action RPG from God Eater devs at Bandai Namco

Max Edge

I found demo very entertaining. It's like Dark Souls, but for lazy paralytics like myself.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
(amusing they decided to put it on for this but not God Eater 3 earlier this year since I find that this looks much worse despite all the PR it's been given).
All the more reason to worry about people getting to see the game then. Shit games thrive on not having objective word of mouth spread around them, and people who bought it full price tend to feel invested and defend games more than people who got it cheaply.

sullynathan

Arcane
Game is really easy, didn't die (outside of falling out the level) and rarely used healing because my controller is fucked.

It's weird and the enemies and levels seem to be worse than demon's souls.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game is really easy, didn't die (outside of falling out the level) and rarely used healing because my controller is fucked.

it has always looked somewhat janky. i keep hoping they would polish it better like bloodstained did, but it seems what we see is what we get.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

it has always looked somewhat janky. i keep hoping they would polish it better like bloodstained did, but it seems what we see is what we get.
They did delay it a year to polish it. I don't think it's going to get any better. The demo wasn't too bad on PS4. But I'll wait for a sale

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
are they gonna put a demo on pc/
Don't know. Given that release is a few days from now I highly doubt it. But fucking Denuvo will ruin another new release. So I'll wait for a pre-played copy on PS4 or Xbox which should be available at my local game store in a very short time.

Mojobeard

Augur
I played the first demo for this. Not a masterpiece, it's hardly even good. But apparently two things are enough to make me want to play, it being a Souls-like (with multiplayer), and having respectable character customization. Sekiro was good but didn't have multiplayer, or much of a replay value, and the last game with a decent customization was Dragon's Dogma? Or one of the Saints Rows? It's been a while.
Here's hoping the PC version won't be awful.

And I'm a big homo so I'll be making a male character. It's just going to have to be a smooth-faced anime man, which I'm not a big fan of.

Puukko

Arcane
Got a code from a buddy so I'll be trying this as soon as it launches later today. Been mostly in the dark, only thing I've got to lose is time.

Puukko

Arcane
uTw8Fdd.jpg

uX2g75O.jpg

X5i57Sn.jpg

Some very early thoughts. Character customization is stupidly in depth, I took an hour without trying. There are a lot of systems and classes that will hopefully reward exprimentation and replayability. You've got an AI partner who is actually very effective and I can see dropping the partner being the game's hard mode. I've only completed the tutorial area and part of the first proper dungeon but it doesn't seem too easy to me, that quick loop of resting at a bonfire, slaying everything around the block and returning to level up/unlock skills is there. Yes, it has many similarities to Dark Souls, but the skills and AI partner along with the less hefty movement make it closer to a more typical action RPG.

Visually it has a very nice balance of anime along with more realistic but stylized environments. The first ruined city area gives me heavy Darksiders vibes. Some lowish quality textures but overall very solid. Haven't heard much of the soundtrack yet but it seems to combine genres, you've got some orchestral choirs, then ambience during actual gameplay which ramps up during hectic bits. The jukebox at the base plays some rather generic melodeath, not quite my cup of tea.

Very happy with how my waifu turned out though.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Mechanically this game looks great but jesus christ, the weebiness gives me a foreskin rash. Not sure how long I'd endure watching the art style before puking all over my screen.

Puukko

Arcane
Different strokes I suppose, I think it's quite moderate on the animu scale, about on the level of Valkyria Chronicles. There are far, far worse offenders out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom