Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A list of safe spacers

Peachcurl

Cipher
The real problem with German beer is less the beer itself, but rather the tendency towards drinking only a single type of beer in a certain local area. Boring. :)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Codex is one of the nicest and most inclusive places on the whole Internet. It's one of the few places where people are not banned from having diverse opinions (of course that also means many assholes and shitposters among the denizens, hence my large iggy bin).
While on RPG.net you are banned if you admit to being a Trump supporter.

overly excitable young man

Codex is one of the nicest and most inclusive places on the whole Internet. It's one of the few places where people are not banned from having diverse opinions (of course that also means many assholes and shitposters among the denizens, hence my large iggy bin).
But when you ignore the people isn't it the same as if you joined a community that censors every opinion except your own?

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jesus Christ, thanks for informing me of the existance of RPG.net.

1NkCQhL.png

I do not doubt that what they're complaining about are nutty conspiracy theories, but is this really the first thing a visitor should see when browsing their forum? A warning about how they are going to ban people? This isn't the middle ages anymore, you don't present hanged criminals at the main gates, you hide that ugly business away in some execution chamber where people don't have to see it. Why on earth would I willingly join after essentially being greeted with a warning to "CONFORM - OR ELSE!"?

And what's with the purple theme, doesn't Resetera have that too? Is purple the color of intolerance?

hHqesYm.png

She is getting cancelled!!! If you even hint at being supportive of her, you will become an unperson too!

octavius

Arcane
Patron
But when you ignore the people isn't it the same as if you joined a community that censors every opinion except your own?

You seem unable to grasp the difference in me censoring what I myself read, compared to censoring what others read and write.
And I don't ignore people for their opinions, even though that concept may seem natural to you.

I just don't want to get the "muh free speech" talk from someone who ignores over 100 people here.
There aren't even 100 active posters on this forum atm.

Silly Germans

I just don't want to get the "muh free speech" talk from someone who ignores over 100 people here.
The freedom to ignore and the freedom of free speech are not contrary. The freedom to ignore should always come hand-in-hand with freedom of speech.

Silly Germans

The freedom to ignore and the freedom of free speech are not contrary. The freedom to ignore should always come hand-in-hand with freedom of speech.
THATS TOO MUCH FOR ME! IGNORED!!! :argh:
Hm it seems that you failed to ignore me, let me show you how to do it.

Semiurge

Cipher
Jesus Christ, thanks for informing me of the existance of RPG.net.

1NkCQhL.png

I do not doubt that what they're complaining about are nutty conspiracy theories, but is this really the first thing a visitor should see when browsing their forum? A warning about how they are going to ban people? This isn't the middle ages anymore, you don't present hanged criminals at the main gates, you hide that ugly business away in some execution chamber where people don't have to see it. Why on earth would I willingly join after essentially being greeted with a warning to "CONFORM - OR ELSE!"?

And what's with the purple theme, doesn't Resetera have that too? Is purple the color of intolerance?

hHqesYm.png

She is getting cancelled!!! If you even hint at being supportive of her, you will become an unperson too!

Nice. Let me guess, they get to ultimately decide what's a source reputable enough. It's usually a source that also conforms out of fear, being truthful and neutral isn't exactly business friendly these days. Backed with sources or not, I also bet that anyone who criticised China's handling of the virus and made generally negative posts about them
got blacklisted there very quickly. We know certain world organisations have already caved under China's powerful financial influence, becoming complicit in the making of China's official propaganda.

And besides, a single person coming up with a scary idea is not yet a conspiracy, knowingly or unknowingly they are just gagging people for voicing their concerns. What is the reason behind preventing people from having (sometimes) nonsensical conversations about topics? The most benign one would be the continued advertising partnerships, favorable reputations and maintaining the peace between users. With those even I can live with. Without having ever visited RPG.net I must guess that they are mainly ad funded, no?

Last edited:

Dunno didnt have in a long time. Maybe i should buy - one bottle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom