Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Tigranes

Arcane
In 24 hours, the historical grand strategy game will be released, and this thread will be 60% "my medieval waifu is not hot enough fuck those SJWs who are obsessed with this shit argh" and the other 40% will be fantadomat raging at how they fucked up Bulgaria and this wasn't worth pirating and here is his review after the first 80 hours

Ahhh i mean that the sea version was put out 3-5 hours ago,i am already installing it to see if it is a passable game. It is some royal delux edition or something.

Fuck,i haven't felt that insulted in a fucking long time. The lazy disgusting cunts couldn't even bother checking the houses of the rulers and ended up making a made up names. Also there is only 2 starting years,lazy cunts,hope that this shit flops!

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, you know

Kitchen Utensil

:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

Fuck,i haven't felt that insulted in a fucking long time. The lazy disgusting cunts couldn't even bother checking the houses of the rulers and ended up making a made up names. Also there is only 2 starting years,lazy cunts,hope that this shit flops!

16FbpDJ.png

It will not flop.
People are too retarded nowadays.
They'll gobble this shit up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So how shitty is the game on a scale of 1-5, where 1 is "crap" and 5 is "utter shit"? I would maybe consider donwloading an extended demo only if it's in 1-2 range.

Strange scale you use there buddy.
I knew it. Otherwise game journos wouldn't give it 10/10.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Managed to get to the rules screen lol
Love all the diversity options buahahahahaha

lmao those options.:lol: Paracucks stand true to their name.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Played for a bit. Massively out of practice with CK. Started on Ireland, the baby island for newbies, and am furiously trying to drown my sons because I FUCKING HATE SPLITTING TITLES AMONG HEIRS AND THE IRISH ARE TOO STUPID TO GET DECENT SUCCESSION LAWS AAAAAAAAAAAA
1200 UNTIL PRIMOGENITURE AAAAAAAAAAAAA 1050 UNTIL HOUSE SENIORITY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:kingcomrade:

Other than that though, pretty good. Taking some getting used to the new interface, seeming mostly fine (The one bad standout is that tooltips tend to linger and require flailing the mouse to get rid of them) but since I'm both rusty in my CK and this rejiggered stuff, it takes me a while to find what I'm looking for. Music's a little odd, seems like they're trying to make it more dynamic but that means almost nothing plays out for longer than maybe a minute because some random-ass event will pop up, or you'll go to war, or SOMETHING will change it. Also see that they're pushing 100,000 concurrent players on Steam and since it's also on game pass and (I assume) Paradox's own store and probably Epic game store, sounds like the people are hungry for gay incest.
Succession is an absolute ballache now. Stuck with partition for what seems forever.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
As a Larper, I think partition / gavelkind is fun.

I'm a bit torn on the UI, there are good things about it but in some place, the information density is lacking. Why do I have to click for "2 more" interactions, if there's enough room for the menu tp be expanded. Most menus with characters (vassals, ...) take up too much space.

Heresies are maybe a bit too common, especially when German duchies convert to a non Christian heresy after a couple of years. Cathars, ok, but not some weird non-Christian dualists please.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm:
LoL they even fucked up the debug console lol,now you have to add it to your shortcut and its perma debug,you can't just disable it. What a bunch of incompetent retards. I am just checking the settings and shit,and am already thinking that this is a major decline compared to ck2.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just so you know, first proper total conversion mod was released 4 minutes after game launched on Steam :lol: Paradox gave modders early access. They truly know what people want, lol.

Avarize

Magister
This whole game hangs on mods, they are what kept CK2 alive for such a long time and they are what gives CK2 brevity and depth. I foresee major problems with total conversions now that we have these brand new FULLY SCULPTED MODELS instead of just static faces.
I have 1.3k hours in vanilla. All total conversions sucked.

Vatnik Wumao
This whole game hangs on mods, they are what kept CK2 alive for such a long time and they are what gives CK2 brevity and depth. I foresee major problems with total conversions now that we have these brand new FULLY SCULPTED MODELS instead of just static faces.
I have 1.3k hours in vanilla. All total conversions sucked.
I'm saddened that Witcher Kings didn't turn out better. Really liked the concept, not so much the execution (at least in its current state).

mondblut

Arcane
Every time someone compares CK 2 to this new title, in this thread, I am tempted to ask which CK 2 are we talking about? CK 2 plain base game, or CK 2 with all add-ons and DLCs. Because they're 2 very different games.

And which of the two CK3 is supposed to replace?

Quilty

Magister
Removed it from inventory and gave it a try for 30 min just to get a feel for it. I find the UI very unwieldy, the tooltips pop up all over the place and won't go away easily, so I have to swing the mouse cursor around to get rid of them. Am I missing something or is this the intended experience? Overall the UI seems enlarged and obtrusive in comparison to CK2. I know people complained a lot about CK2's UI, but I always found it neat and easy, definitely more sensible and pleasant than this.

Can't really comment on any other aspect, will play more soon.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Also there is only 2 starting years,lazy cunts,hope that this shit flops!

Good god man, if they gave you all the content on release how in the world could they sell hundreds of DLC over the next ten years!??

Just be happy you have India: the ass end off the medieval world that no one gives two fucks about, but you know inclooosive... If your a good boy you may even get China someday! Because Im sure there is a pack of blue haired wierdos somewhere preparing their documents on how RACISS it is that a game called Crusader Kings doesnt let you play as Chiyna.

Succession is an absolute ballache now. Stuck with partition for what seems forever.
That is stricter than it was in CK2, right? I can't tell if that's just fucked up CK2 memories on my part or if it is harder to get single heir succession in CK3. I do vaguely remember it being harder to get single heir succession if you started off as a tribal potato, but I don't remember stuff like the hard year-cap of 1050, thought it was just getting high crown authority over a few generations and then passing the law or something before. Guess it also might be that CK3's a bit different than CK2 if you start off in Bumfuck Nowhere rather than being a minor king.

Performance-wise it's looking promising thus far. Not sure how it'll run on complete toasters, and the biggest test will be reaching late game and seeing if it slows to a crawl on max-speed, but so far it appears to be running well. Initial load time when you boot it up the very first time was longish, but subsequent launches are shorter. Might say it loads into the game faster than CK2, though that's again a vague memory since it's been a good while since I played CK2 last.

As a Larper, I think partition / gavelkind is fun.
Sure, but I wanted to at least paint Ireland so I had an actual kingdom to my name rather than being Chief Tater. My favored way of playing CK is to map paint for a generation or two, then get increasingly shitty heirs and play them more corrupt and selfish until everything collapses. Splitting up titles leads to more thunderdome in the family.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game crash for me after 5 minutes, on gamepass. Then I can't restart it unless I download a fresh copy. Guess some kind of antivirus is deleting the files or something? Annoying as fugg.

Mortmal

Arcane
Works fine here, load faster than ck2, would have been nice if some of those improvements were included in CK2. How many times did we ask for an autoembark features for armies, how painful it was to gather all those viking retinues in their ships...Else its not bad at all , it enforce the lulzy side of ck2 and likely to be a meme generator, dont look for history there. Everything seems a bit too easy altough.

Think my potato kingdom may be stuck due to a bug. Attacking a county that was having a rebellion for 3 years, their entire territory is fully conquered by the rebels thus I apparently can't siege any of it, but the rebels are stuck at 48% war score and can't win despite owning everything. Also swear I got a popup informing me that I'm now obese, but checking my character I don't see a trait, so either I'm going crazy or now CK3 is just insulting me as I play it.

6oVd8Mz.jpg

Smug little shit in her cage LET THE PEASANTS WIN SO I CAN CONQUER YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Played for a few hours and the game is huge decline compared to CK2. A shit ton of features are missing and they went way back on the functionality,the fucking UI is a nightmare. Most of the map types are gone,it looks and feels like a fucking mobile game. Nearly all the flavour is also gone,the only thing i get is invitation to a feast. It really is a shallow shadow of CK2. Here is an example of the retarded UI.
UJZRVTH.png

Also the sjw shit is trough the roof,most of the rulers have become women,same with 70% of my vassals.

Consul

Arbiter
Played for a few hours and the game is huge decline compared to CK2. A shit ton of features are missing and they went way back on the functionality,the fucking UI is a nightmare. Most of the map types are gone,it looks and feels like a fucking mobile game. Nearly all the flavour is also gone,the only thing i get is invitation to a feast. It really is a shallow shadow of CK2. Here is an example of the retarded UI.
UJZRVTH.png

Also the sjw shit is trough the roof,most of the rulers have become women,same with 70% of my vassals.

Yeah, the UI is a total abomination in terms of looks and is mega obtrusive (even though you can change the size of it). Looking at it makes me want to vomit. It's as someone before has said in this thread, it looks like an UI that was designed for tablets and phones. The worst part of it is that it lacks soul, the CK2 was stylized and gave you that medieval feeling when looking at it. It also slightly changed depending on, which religion you had. In the CK3's UI also those rainbow colored buttons on the right are an eyesore. What were they thinking when designing it that way?

Dunno about the sjw stuff. I'm glad that they didn't remove Deus Vult! from the game like they previously planned. I'm not bothered that much with the cucked start options if they can be simply ignored. I guess expanding the map to inculde greater number of provinces from sub-Saharan Africa and claiming by one of the developers that this region was more developed than Russia was at that time is the biggest SJW thing included in this game. There is also one Muslim sect that accepts homosexuality, dunno whether or not it's historically accurate. Apart from that I don't see any other sjw influences, but correct me if I'm wrong. For me this game looks completely soulless compared to CK2, they also removed latin names for laws and stuff, which I don't like.

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
You can see a lot of UI design rules broken. The failed alignment on that top bar for example is a pretty obvious one it just looks bad.
The fact that the buttons don't line up in the side panel because they went from Right Aligned to Center Aligned.
Using far too many font size variations. Having a font that has weak bold compared to CK2's font which had pretty strong bold.
The shocking part is that the UI is where most of their effort went into but you can barely tell.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
You can see a lot of UI design rules broken. The failed alignment on that top bar for example is a pretty obvious one it just looks bad.
The fact that the buttons don't line up in the side panel because they went from Right Aligned to Center Aligned.
Using far too many font size variations. Having a font that has weak bold compared to CK2's font which had pretty strong bold.
The shocking part is that the UI is where most of their effort went into but you can barely tell.
One of the biggest UI adjustment I've had to make was having the council, military, intrigue, etc. options appear on the right, when, after hundreds of hours of CKII, I was used to having everything on the left.

I agree with you on a lot of things seems... off centered, in a way. I hope mods will fix these.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom