Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

SoupNazi

I finished that dungeon crawl and so far it has had no direct consequence with the Patriatch. It's like nobody noticed the statue opening up a hatch. Plus, it's implied that the operation is based on plausible deniability.
That's kind of a shame. Especially since you can actually go talk to him about it before you go to the dungeon and he denies it but says IF IT WAS REAL THOUGH DON'T GO THERE OR I'LL FUCK YOU UP LOL JUST A JOKE. IN MINECRAFT *WINK*
I don't know what they were thinking with that location. Nobody cares you open up a secret hatch in the middle of a park, on the patriarch's statue? Sure you have his blessing to do almost anything (I shot the Dorseys at the pillory to end their suffering and that Judge character commented on it that I'm breaking their tradition and that it's too much even if I have the patriarch's authorization to do shit) but nobody raises an eyebrow.

Could be avoided if it was a secret bunker just outside of Colorado Springs or whatever.

It was a msitake not playing the game on a higher difficulty. Combat becomes completely trivial once you unlock the power of explosives. Still, I'm waiting for this game to let me down and it hasn't happened yet. Though I half expect once I get to Liberty (the Patriarch's daughter) they'll portray her as the "good alternative" since "muh feminizm" and Fargo's penchance for self-cuckoldry.

Codex Year of the Donut
It was a msitake not playing the game on a higher difficulty. Combat becomes completely trivial once you unlock the power of explosives. Still, I'm waiting for this game to let me down and it hasn't happened yet. Though I half expect once I get to Liberty (the Patriarch's daughter) they'll portray her as the "good alternative" since "muh feminizm" and Fargo's penchance for self-cuckoldry.
Go to the options and turn the difficulty up?
Honestly, I prefer ranger difficulty over supreme jerk but neither are quite 'right'. SJ is probably as it should be, but ranger is too easy.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Not sure exactly how it happened but I was in the squad menu and pressed escape and it brought up the main menu. When I hit return to game I was out of the squad menu with 8 characters in my party.

Seems to persist through save and reload and map transitions. The UI has space for 8 characters too.

Well, I should probably reload, but this is kinda neat. OP but fun.

Go to the options and turn the difficulty up?
Honestly, I prefer ranger difficulty over supreme jerk but neither are quite 'right'. SJ is probably as it should be, but ranger is too easy.
Oh. I thought it wasn't possible to do that. Sure i'll bump it up a bit.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
An absolute fuckton of bugs, anyone with patience should wait a year until they fix most of them. Some of the basic menus are buggy, that's how bad it is. Even if the game was made by a bunch of complete novices who didn't employ a single beta tester, this would be unacceptably bad. InXile is incompetent, worse than Bethesda.

Now I know some people are extremely sensitive to the smallest glitches but this is a bit over the top?

Don't know about anyone else but I'm about 25 hours in and the only bug I had was my medpack disappeared from my quickslot when I used it. So I had to reassign it. Big deal.

Generally this game seems amazingly stable, especially compared to the absolute godawful mess Wasteland 2 was on launch.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did anyone complete the game siding with Angela Deth? If so, please tell me the ending slide for that is just "lol what the fuck were you thinking"

Seriously, she's written to be a complete idiot in this game. Her plan seems to be:
Step 1: Kill the Patriarch and his children.
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Freedom for everyone! Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There's the explanation why is W3 the only major recent American game without a whiff of wokeness.

It was written years ago.

I might've been too hasty.

"Dangers in Denver include....Reagan worshipping fascists."

Although that's not really currentyear wokeness, more like your standard coastal normie libtardism - "Reagan so dumb lol" - before wokeness became a thing.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Now I know some people are extremely sensitive to the smallest glitches but this is a bit over the top?

Don't know about anyone else but I'm about 25 hours in and the only bug I had was my medpack disappeared from my quickslot when I used it. So I had to reassign it. Big deal.

Generally this game seems amazingly stable, especially compared to the absolute godawful mess Wasteland 2 was on launch.
To be honest I've had a few big crashes and stability issues. Also at some point some of my ammo seemed to have disappeared but I'm not sure if I didn't just accidentally sell it.

But the crashes are a pain in the butt considering the loading times. If it's later into the play session I won't even start it back up because I'm daunted by the idea of 5 more loading screens.

jackofshadows

Magister
Though I half expect once I get to Liberty (the Patriarch's daughter) they'll portray her as the "good alternative" since "muh feminizm" and Fargo's penchance for self-cuckoldry.
There's a particular game over screen half-way through the game which indicates that is not the case
losing battle to her when she meets you before entering Denver => screen basically tells you that she becomes a ruthless warlord just like every sane NPC thinks (spares daddy though but locking him up)

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
There's the explanation why is W3 the only major recent American game without a whiff of wokeness.

Cassandra Khaw and the Torment: Tides of Numenera writing team thank you for the vote of confidence! :P "Years ago" here means 2016-2018, it's not some Obama era thing.

NymvDH7.png
Cki0paB.png

Though interestingly, the Writers section is way down below the Senior Writers in the credits, as if they're far less important.
Didn't Chris Avellone write for Wasteland 3? Or did they decide not to mention his contribution in the credits for 'obvious reasons'?

It is a little unfair that the white supremacist Beekers is mentioned in the credits, while the modest non-chad harasser Chris is not. It says a lot about the values shared by inXile.

Quillon

Arcane
Did anyone complete the game siding with Angela Deth? If so, please tell me the ending slide for that is just "lol what the fuck were you thinking"

Seriously, she's written to be a complete idiot in this game. Her plan seems to be:

Just finished the game siding with her but I didn't do anything she asked except siding with her in the end.
killed cordite the moment I met him but somehow this became "he died in firefight" to the game and that "we couldn't protected him" to angela when we had actually executed him.
arrested all the children, angela wanted all of them dead

one RPG mistake they repeated: companion committing suicide

couldn't lucie wesson just leave the scene like kwon? nah she had to stand up and killed instantly :P

and some mutineers were dumb af; I noticed riley woodson(general woodson's bro) and loco-something ranger that we saved from Aspen among the mutineers, then I had the option to invite general woodson to take over the HQ, lmao

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Regarding wokeness, character creation is at least funny.

Colorado demographics:

84% white
4% black
4% other

Out of the 36 portraits with visible faces:

11 white
14 black
9 Asian
1 mime
1 clown
You have weird definition of white. It's called brown color. Aka hispanic or mixed.
BTW are you talking about male portraits or female portraits?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

As acknowledged in the tie-in novella, there's good reason why she wasn't promoted to general despite being the ranger with the most seniority. It's the "principles over reason" option.

I imagine if a lot more journos completed this, they'd be irate that Wasteland doesn't have a sunshine-and-rainbows-communism ending. :M

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am through as well, the game is waaay to easy but it's fun.

I have to say the content is all over the place, curiously the main quest parts were for me the most boring slugfests in the game all of them boiled down to endless fighting and no interesting story.
The children you have to capture or kill are extremely one sided and i ended up capturing them for the patriarch.

Two of them certainly would have earned their execution but one of them did not really anything as far as I am concerned.

Overall I really appreciate that they have not gone the route that is so prevalent currently when it comes to narrative even though that does not mean that the factions are well fleshed out.

The Patriarchs Faction on the whole seems pretty well rounded and is the best of the three even though the morally flawed aspects of them where the whole story hinges on falls flat on it's face.
Basically in the face of inability to stop all the gangs to the east he used the diplomatic approach, in effect harsh but prudent. The game does not offer any reason on what he could have done instead, pointing to him being incompetent or corrupt and none of the presented endings does offer one either.

The Alternative as was pointed out was creating a power Vacuum by killing his kids and the *already dying* Patriarch, or just fucking the whole country over with Liberty and her savage gangs.

However how can that be the solution, the Patriarch called the ranger to exactly help him with problems threatening the nation and that included beating all the gangs back *and* potentially staying there to protect the nation further. Including the aspects that the rangers after the death of the patriarch have huge influence (or even the ability to take over just as Angela Deth wanted, only peaceful) on who will continue governing.

The Narrative is pretty weak due to the above spoiler but it is told well which is fine by me and the side missions and location are all great fun.

Could be an 8/10 from me, but it's so buggy currently as it hampers enjoyment and boy the loading times even on an SSD...

so 7/10. You done good InXile for once.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Cassandra Khaw and the Torment: Tides of Numenera writing team thank you for the vote of confidence! :P "Years ago" here means 2016-2018, it's not some Obama era thing.

NymvDH7.png
Cki0paB.png

Though interestingly, the Writers section is way down below the Senior Writers in the credits, as if they're far less important.
Didn't Chris Avellone write for Wasteland 3? Or did they decide not to mention his contribution in the credits for 'obvious reasons'?

It is a little unfair that the white supremacist Beekers is mentioned in the credits, while the modest non-chad harasser Chris is not. It says a lot about the values shared by inXile.

uBSd1ZR.png

Ziets and Beekrs are among the rangers staffing the war-room. I have not seen private Avellone yet.
But maybe I should have looked for him in a place like Fargo's brothel.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

NymvDH7.png
Cki0paB.png

uBSd1ZR.png

Ziets and Beekrs are among the rangers staffing the war-room. I have not seen private Avellone yet.
But maybe I should have looked for him in a place like Fargo's brothel.
Clipboard01.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ad melee - in W2 melee chars reached a guaranteed 95% hit chance after a handful of levels and from early-mid game until the end they p. much never ever missed.

In W3 my Fishlips has Melee 9 and 90% base hit chance. However many mobs have high evasion so there are many fights where he's lucky to get a 50% swing. It's literally hit and miss with him.

Is that normal or am I missing something here? I guess I'm gonna be able to find a slightly better grip mods for my hammer but not by much. Do I just have to live with it?

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah I wrote a feedback in Inxile forums on that regard, its ridiculous that the Patriarch gave 0 shits when the rangers figured out what happened.
He actually gave a shit though. I just submit another report to him (about Vic) and by the way inquired about "secret prisons rumor" (while I've already raided the vault and set the warlord free) so he said that's silly insinuations etc etc but! on a way out he suddenly aknowledged existence of such prisons, told that one just have been raided, important prisoner is missing and inquired about it. I replied straight to him that it was us and we set him free on what he was... suprized and angry but said that maybe something good will come out of it (prisoner will mess Liberty plans somehow, and it was also my reasoning to see the exact outcome) but then added that it's still no excuse to trash his property, kill his employes so "one more such offence and we're done".

Why he don't know who was there if player don't tell him that though... is another story. I mean, it could've been better to place the prison somewhere outside.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom