Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Honestly at this point, I would be glad with AI fixes, to police, wanted system implementation and just general NPC and traffic AI working, that would do alot for the game.

That and overall fixes and bughunting and some balance to loot and combat

Other than that, wishful thinking for implementation of more C&C and "RPG"-ish quests, and other shit.

The core main story and side missions already does enough for me to enjoy the game alot. along with the visuals of course.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This game should be called KiddyPunk 2077 or smth like that. All of the gigs(so far) consist of you helping good guys and punishing evil guys. It feels very naive and patronising like some kind of a lesson in kindergarden

You can't work for a mobster, you can't rob stores and parlours, you can't extort money etc.

Wth?
What did you expect? Its not a fucking mafia or gta. Extort my ass, you are a fucking netrunner not a fucking petty extorter.

Yeah the game makes it pretty clear that most of the criminal types the player associates with only do anti-corporate violence, and they hate scavs, raytheons (or whatever the Nomad rejects are called), etc. - generally, those who does violence to ordinary folks. It's very Robin Hood in that respect. I think if the game was full-on RP, you'd be rejected by your friends in the game (but what am I saying? - that would be a rep system! :) )

Still, I suppose it would have been nice to have the option, for those that like that sort of thing. I'm so emotionally stunted that I find myself unable to play bad or evil types in games.

Yeah can we talk about how much better the motorbikes are than anything else? The best bike in the game is cheap as shit (22k) looks awesome and is faster than anything else, as well as being more practical for parking up etc for missions and getting through traffic. There is really no reason to bother with cars in this game.

Oh and also they can be driven easily in 1st person view unlike cars

Also also you get the second best bike in the game for free very early on via a quest so there's that too

You can access your stash via car boots, so there's that. It's nice to have access to your stash when you find something cool but you can't use it now but you can't keep it in your inventory either because the UI is so godawful you can't tell what's what and there's no way of marking things.

But yeah, love the bikes, top notch immersion driving through the city on them.

Yosharian

Arcane
This game should be called KiddyPunk 2077 or smth like that. All of the gigs(so far) consist of you helping good guys and punishing evil guys. It feels very naive and patronising like some kind of a lesson in kindergarden

You can't work for a mobster, you can't rob stores and parlours, you can't extort money etc.

Wth?
What did you expect? Its not a fucking mafia or gta. Extort my ass, you are a fucking netrunner not a fucking petty extorter.

Yeah the game makes it pretty clear that most of the criminal types the player associates with only do anti-corporate violence, and they hate scavs, raytheons (or whatever the Nomad rejects are called), etc. - generally, those who does violence to ordinary folks. It's very Robin Hood in that respect. I think if the game was full-on RP, you'd be rejected by your friends in the game (but what am I saying? - that would be a rep system! :) )

Still, I suppose it would have been nice to have the option, for those that like that sort of thing. I'm so emotionally stunted that I find myself unable to play bad or evil types in games.

Yeah can we talk about how much better the motorbikes are than anything else? The best bike in the game is cheap as shit (22k) looks awesome and is faster than anything else, as well as being more practical for parking up etc for missions and getting through traffic. There is really no reason to bother with cars in this game.

Oh and also they can be driven easily in 1st person view unlike cars

Also also you get the second best bike in the game for free very early on via a quest so there's that too

You can access your stash via car boots, so there's that. It's nice to have access to your stash when you find something cool but you can't use it now because the UI is so godawful you can't tell what's what and there's no way of marking things.

But yeah, love the bikes, top notch immersion driving through the city on them.
Aha but iirc you can also access stash via your bike too, I could be wrong but I think you can

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Honestly at this point, I would be glad with AI fixes, to police, wanted system implementation and just general NPC and traffic AI working, that would do alot for the game.

Other than that, wishful thinking for implementation of more C&C and "RPG"-ish quests, and other shit.

The core main story and side missions already does enough for me to enjoy the game alot. along with the visuals of course.
DENIAL

ANGER

BARGAINING <- YOU ARE HERE

DEPRESSION

ACCEPTANCE

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just started using the radio more. It's interesting how much of it is knock-offs of well-known choons. Particularly the jazz channel - it has (actually quite well-done) knock-offs of some really classic jazz tracks from the likes of Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Chet Baker, etc. Loves me that jazz radio while cruising through Nite City.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I am pretty sure they are going to cancel the multiplayer to work on Witcher 4.

Spent three more hours on it last night and I still had a fantastic time. It s a great game if you don't overanalyze things, like most AAA.

If I were them I'd pour all resources into fixing as much of the game as possible until the first DLC. If that is received well and the game's name gets rehabilitated then you continue with the multiplayer, otherwise you switch to Witcher 4.

It's too early to throw in the towel just yet imo.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I am pretty sure they are going to cancel the multiplayer to work on Witcher 4.

Spent three more hours on it last night and I still had a fantastic time. It s a great game if you don't overanalyze things, like most AAA.

If I were them I'd pour all resources into fixing as much of the game as possible until the first DLC. If that is received well and the game's name gets rehabilitated then you continue with the multiplayer, otherwise you switch to Witcher 4.

It's too early to throw in the towel just yet imo.

Yep, multiplayer would be a waste of time and would piss off a lot of people at this point. I've given the game an objective 6-6.5/10 out of the box but there's definitely an 8/10 here if they sort it out, and they'd claw back some good will if they did that.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I doubt CDPR will patch that in either, as it would probably mean mocapping a whole bunch of new actions.
Actually, they will have to if they still want to make the multiplayer mode.

True, though I'm not sure that MP stuff is very likely any more with the release mess.

Maybe the community will be able to work around the lack of anims. Maybe some of the enemy/NPC anims can be reused?

Also assumes a bunch of this stuff isn't hardcoded.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Wth?
Yes, when I said there is a disparity between the tone of the main campaign and that of the side missions / gigs, that's what I meant.

You either help goody "fixers" who otherwise operate with gangs which you often attack for other fixers but that's all ok somehow, or you help goody cops - yesterday I "saved" a couple of cops under attack by tiger claws, and after that one of the cops thanked me with the words "On behalf of the citizens of Night City, thank you!" :lol: WTF, is this the village of Redcliffe?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

DENIAL

ANGER

BARGAINING <- YOU ARE HERE

DEPRESSION

ACCEPTANCE
Real fixing of the game would mean taking it from looter shooter into an immersive sim with an appropriate cyberpunk atmosphere. This would require a rebalance of loot and stats from the ground up, clearing of all the trash combat encounters from the map, swapping the premises for much of the remaining gigs/side missions so it's more "morally grey" and less "Baldur's Gate". In addition, the atmosphere may benefit from a change in the day/night cycle so the world never looks brighter than what it does around 5-6 PM, while you are in the city, maybe keep the current day lighting for when the player is outside the city.

Most of these can be done with modding, if people with the dedication step up to mod the game.

For starters, a UI mod or a patch which allows the players to remove the clutter from the screen would improve the game a lot, and also controls for what would be displayed on the big map and would be hidden. All these question marks and the dotted line path need to be a toggle.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There's now a console and item list at Nexus. Now my Nomad can stop looking like a garish retard and look like a Nomad (there are only a few outfits there, which override the retarded gear - I wish you could "print" a look you like from the gear and make it Special).

Note: I did the alternative Nomad option that comes up with the Meredith Stout convo, which leads to
you being able to hack the credit chip and get an alternative All Foods fight, where you and Maelstrom are fighting Milisec. Dum Dum helps you out, follows you out
and now I can't shake him. Cant' talk to him either.

Later note: finally got rid of the little shit by having him be killed by a bunch of crims at a blue hexagon - they aggroed on the both of us and I kept avoiding the enemies and letting them focus on him, and they eventually killed him. Felt a bit of a heel for doing that actually :) Would have been nice to have had him as a pet proper.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
Unpatched CP 2077 has far less bugs than fully patched KCD.

fd3edf392737b01f20e1f56fcff4ffcc.png

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Who's he/she/it ??????

Made Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a really good open world game.

Told SJWs to fuck off.

Been waiting forever to try it, does it work on PC.
Last I heard was same mess as Cyberpunk in terms of bugs.

Fully patched, KCD has crashes to desktop, broken quests (including the main quest) in addition of a retarded save system that will make you lose hours of game time, alt tab in/out makes you lose sound, etc, etc ...

Never had this kind of issue with CP 2077.

Perkel

Arcane
Fully patched, KCD has crashes to desktop, broken quests (including the main quest) in addition of a retarded save system that will make you lose hours of game time, alt tab in/out makes you lose sound, etc, etc ...
Never had this kind of issue with CP 2077.

Played KCD didn't finish it patched up and i can't say this is true for me. Game was essentially bug free. Or maybe it is something that happens later.

Jinn

Arcane
At least that explains why it reamained buried in my backlog, probably stay there as well.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is one of the best games to come out in the past five years. You'd be a fool not to at least try it, if not play through its entirety.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom