Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Gargaune

Magister
That portrait looks awesome, can i get the source on it? I'm not getting any luck looking for it.

vlad_iii_the_impaler_by_radialart_db26kck-fullview.jpg

Found it. Needs a background though.
The character art is Vlad III the Impaler by Riccardo Moscatello and I shopped it over an altered landscape by Rado Javor, might need a few more tweaks but I think it's good enough for now. I really recommend you check out Moscatello's gallery since he's got a few more pieces which are a perfect fit for Kingmaker's style.

Anyway, I assume it's okay to share derivative character portraits, seeing as the Kingmaker Nexus is full of the damn things. I've uploaded it as an image since I'm no longer familiar with the popular file hosts, so you'll have to do your own cutting but they're in the correct dimensions. It's set to auto-delete in two days, so grab it now.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Is the feat "shake it off" worth it? How close do my guys have to stand for it in order to work? Googlefu brings up different answers (melee range, 5m, 3m)

Codex Year of the Donut
The extent to which the ranged AI focuses low AC chars is hilarious - they will go after characters 4 screens away behind locked doors.
the AI is very simplistic and was one of my main gripes with kingmaker
guessing it was one of the things that got axed as they rushed it near the end

no idea if it has improved much since I've played though

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
ALAS! some knave from the school of 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1 builds is defaming the haploik school of combat!@!
this challenge must not go unanswered!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3159763879054198161/?ctp=3
Haplo

All I see is InDerp being the usual insufferable retard that he is.
True. Although he is not wrong that Lion's Claw is a great weapon and Vital Strike can be highly situational outside Turn Based mode.
Definately not a fan oh his 1 level Vivi dip there.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Hey Desiderius how about you make a comprehensive guide to your 100 or so optimal builds (CotW included). You rip into @inEffect but I do not see you see putting the effort in. I want to know about all the derivatives!!!!

Also Haplo you could do more than post your one SS build. Yosharian you at least have a steam guide out there but I know you have more. And frankly your magus build looks like it sucks ass.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
ALAS! some knave from the school of 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1 builds is defaming the haploik school of combat!@!
this challenge must not go unanswered!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3159763879054198161/?ctp=3
Haplo

All I see is InDerp being the usual insufferable retard that he is.
True. Although he is not wrong that Lion's Claw is a great weapon and Vital Strike can be highly situational outside Turn Based mode.
Definately not a fan oh his 1 level Vivi dip there.

The situation is kicking ass. Freebooter’s Bane is a move action and Vital Strike now a Standard. That’s all that needs saying.

Desiderius

Patron
Hey Desiderius how about you make a comprehensive guide to your 100 or so optimal builds (CotW included). You rip into @inEffect but I do not see you see putting the effort in. I want to know about all the derivatives!!!!

Also Haplo you could do more than post your one SS build. Yosharian you at least have a steam guide out there but I know you have more. And frankly your magus build looks like it sucks ass.

Sry too busy owning everyone with auto levels. InEffective is still playing 3.5.

Desiderius

Patron
I just played Wrath up to lvl ten with each companion leveling up their original class and was dominant.

About 105% of multiclassed builds are worse than single class unless you’re soloing. InEffective thinks that multiclassing is still good as it was in 3.5 but he hasn’t figured out the concept of opportunity cost or understood Paizo’s design approach.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sry too busy owning everyone with auto levels.
What does this even mean?

I guess the fact that you don't need to dip shit in KM because most classes have excellent growth when you do single Ccass due to class feature locked behind levels.

The only exception I think is Fighter based character because not every build requires the gazzilion of feats you get from being a pure class fighter so it's more beneficial to branch out to other full BAB Class. Barbarian also has this issue I guess due to not much Rage Powers being in (and even less powerful one) being in KM. But even then instead of dipping 1 level into 3 other classes, you still probably want to have decent levels in any alternative class you have (e.g. Amiri as Barbarian probably still want to get at least Level 10 Barb to get all the Stance and Totem Rage Powers).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Sry too busy owning everyone with auto levels.
What does this even mean?

I guess the fact that you don't need to dip shit in KM because most classes have excellent growth when you do single Ccass due to class feature locked behind levels.

Naw I was wondering why he has to always be a dick. Dude is good at this game (apparently) but hides his knowledge behind screenshots showing high damage and snarky comments. Chinks going to chink I guess.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In essence, Mr. Oldmanpaco, what Desiderius is trying to say is that P:K is very similar to BG 1/2, in the sense that 3 classes are for character that you ought to solo with (or maybe 1 other char).

2 classes are for the people that know what they're doing. Or banking on a very good gimmick a la Jaheira Harm shenanigans.

And, generally, you ought to keep it to pure classes.

The only one that is a blatant disregard to that is Octavia, but she's easy to be explained if you jog that gray matter a bit.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
In essence, Mr. Oldmanpaco, what Desiderius is trying to say is that P:K is very similar to BG 1/2, in the sense that 3 classes are for character that you ought to solo with (or maybe 1 other char).

2 classes are for the people that know what they're doing. Or banking on a very good gimmick a la Jaheira Harm shenanigans.

And, generally, you ought to keep it to pure classes.

The only one that is a blatant disregard to that is Octavia, but she's easy to be explained if you jog that gray matter a bit.

Yes I know this but not the point I was trying to make.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want threads going "HOW TO KILL THE CRAG LINNDWORM" here, then you're barking at the wrong tree.

Like I imagine there is at least 1 kid that saved a cold iron dagger to kill the serpent, and never thought to CdG it. Frankly, I am shocked Pink Eye made something for the Kingdom Management.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
If you want threads going "HOW TO KILL THE CRAG LINNDWORM" here, then you're barking at the wrong tree.

Like I imagine there is at least 1 kid that saved a cold iron dagger to kill the serpent, and never thought to CdG it. Frankly, I am shocked Pink Eye made something for the Kingdom Management.

WTF are you on about? I was just trolling the regular alpha posters to show their actual character builds instead of just referencing them.

Desiderius

Patron
Here’s my builds:

Bard 20

Alchemist 20

Cleric 20

If you start with Amiri Booter 10/Barb 10 turns out to be pretty damn good.

Looks like Zen Archer 20 is good. And Paladin 20 that comes with a Smilodon. Who knew. Witch 20 also kicking ass. Shocker.

Eldritch Scoundrel 20 too good to even play any more.

Should I go on?

I’m telling you you’re missing a premise. I’m only a dick to those who prance in swinging theirs when they have no idea what they’re talking about.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
WTF are you on about? I was just trolling the regular alpha posters to show their actual character builds instead of just referencing them.

No you weren’t. You were playing dumb while unbeknownst to you as far as what you’re on about here you really are.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom