Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
love the master police fix
changed police_spawn_radius from 5 to 20
so they fake address issues with some more patchwork. Like key bindings that dont cover all the keys... In general fixes appear k&m oriented, no one at cdpr were playing with those?

Gargaune

Magister
My bet is this will never return to sony store and next dvd project blue game will be exclusive to pc and shitbox.
I don't really mind CDPR skipping on the SonyBox, now and in the future, but if they made their CBP sales projections on it, they're gonna have a hard time delivering on investment. My biggest concern is potential knock-on effects on GOG, I'd hate to see the best PC games store run into trouble on account of CBP's poor development and fucking Sony, of all things.

DeepOcean

Arcane
CDPR is innovating on turning the "And other gameplay fixes." section of other companies patch notes into the entire patch, good job.

Last edited:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Bandaid. Not cure.

The game died a long time ago even though, it's not even been alive for all that long.
30757ea459ed8adfb8ecada1d0ad1a70089397ff_hq.jpg

Remember that nigger.

Semiurge

Cipher
Better question is, what the fuck are the hundreds of employees they have on their payroll doing besides trying to salvage whatever is possible from this dumpster fire? The patches for the game have been downright anaemic.

Or have CDPR just given up on the game and are gonna pretend like they're fixing it until people forget about it and then stop with the farce and move to their next "masterpiece"?

I think they're having enough challenges trying to find competent programmers for the patches considering this fiasco almost toppled their house of cards, and many quit or were laid off.

Tyrr

Liturgist
love the master police fix
changed police_spawn_radius from 5 to 20
It's still silly that there are gangs doing crime all over the city without police interference.
But when you do something, a few seconds later the police arrives.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
All the vibes of my next door neighbour's toddler proudly informing me of his bowel movements for the day. The police arriving being punted out of player sight is what I expected them to have done anyway so meh all ways on that. Key questions are about the engine's tendency to glitch out and a work in progress attempt to allow key rebinding isn't that. Not a great adveretisement to try and pull people already done with the game back to it. I'd still abandon a car and summon another rather than spend the time trying to rock it off scenery.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Btw a lot of time passed since I entered the thread the last time. What is the Codex current consensus? Do you like it despite its flaws? It's shit? Do you give a fuck about it?
jec3hj.jpg

Crummy gameplay, but at least you're wearing Jinguji.

The Night City exterior environment looks great at night (which lasts for 6 hours) or in the rain, and there are a multitude of clothes options for fashionistas, but taking screenshots seems to be the only useful purpose of Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The way the game handles clothing is bad too because you need to scour all of Night City to find individual pieces that look good AND theoretically you'll need to buy new sets every couple of levels.

Red Hexapus

Learned
The way the game handles clothing is bad too because you need to scour all of Night City to find individual pieces that look good AND theoretically you'll need to buy new sets every couple of levels.
Generally, my feeling is that the armor/clothing system should have been disassociated from the character level like in e.g. Fallouts. At this moment it gets ridiculous when you can find a polo short that has more armor than a combat vest found earlier. Same goes for weapons - I really hate the exponential increase of materials required to upgrade the one fucking weapon that I like, just to keep using it...

I guess they've used a similiar weapon/armor progression system as in Witcher (with level restrictions and all), but it wasn't so jarring there. Problem with suspension of disbelief in the modern setting maybe?

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i expected them to at least implement a transmog feature and change the looting system in the new patch but i guess that was asking for too much. they really need to fix those two things before i even consider touching this game again. honestly i think i might just wait for the complete edition or something at this point.

Terenty

Liturgist
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

So biblical, so beautiful. Thanks CDPR.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Not quite. In clothing mods trump base stats. Once you have clothes with 4 mod slots, you can stop upgrading (actually I haven't found more then 1-2 slots for shoes and headgear).

Mods can be switched for better versions.

theLorry

Educated
i expected them to at least implement a transmog feature and change the looting system in the new patch but i guess that was asking for too much. they really need to fix those two things before i even consider touching this game again. honestly i think i might just wait for the complete edition or something at this point.
Has CDPR given any indication that they think anything is wrong with the current loot system and therefore in need of changing? Isn't it the same as in Witcher 3, which they were satisfied enough with to port over to Cyberpunk? What I wonder is if there are any mods for W3 that significantly improve the loot system; if there are, there probably will be for this game too.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They won't do any bigger patches until all that asked for a refund return their physical copies. I got my refund some time ago, which I posted in this very thread, but I still have the game. Their message was in short "Hold on to the game until we find a way to get a good way to send you a parcel for free shipping to you". I'm guessing it'll cost them quite a bit to do this. They are probably looking for the cheapest way to do this.
If i were them, I'd just tell people to keep their copy for some goodwill, and avoid more headache. Maybe some of those people end up buying your DLC or expansions.

From what I have read about the upcoming update; console versions will never be fixed to a satisfactory level. It's simply impossible without some huge changes.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Not quite. In clothing mods trump base stats. Once you have clothes with 4 mod slots, you can stop upgrading (actually I haven't found more then 1-2 slots for shoes and headgear).
I got three-slotted shoes somewhere at city center and three-slotted hat dropped at the rooftop of one of the kabuku building during one of the Regina's irritating gig. 99% of the time mod slots are random and you can just reload the save before looking into the loot crate. It's stupid.
What I wonder is if there are any mods for W3 that significantly improve the loot system
3522-1569711693-2125267923.png

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Generally, my feeling is that the armor/clothing system should have been disassociated from the character level like in e.g. Fallouts. At this moment it gets ridiculous when you can find a polo short that has more armor than a combat vest found earlier. Same goes for weapons - I really hate the exponential increase of materials required to upgrade the one fucking weapon that I like, just to keep using it...

Either way, I think it's fair to say Fallout 4 has much better progression systems, both in terms of skills and itemisation. And that's not exactly a glowing milestone.

Problem with suspension of disbelief in the modern setting maybe?
Nah, it's a problem with level density and pacing. You just end up sifting through your inventory a lot more than the Witcher 3, which was already tedious in this regard - it was a bad system to begin with, but now you engage with more often. I also suspect the increment values are too fine, it often feels like equipment scales on XP rather than level.

Goes back to what I said before, CDPR failed to recognise the aspects in which their TW3 formula wouldn't translate well into Night City's much denser gameplay environment. It's an overarching problem.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
thought about it some more and it's kind of funny that they really made 30 seconds long videos showing off a sensitivity slider and how you can now change keybinds. hoping they will top this with their next patch and show off their new walking toggle function for 12 minutes with great pride.

DeepOcean

Arcane
What I find funny is that there are mods that not only add sensitivity sliders for driving but allow you to customize a bunch of physics stuff in detail for you to get the kind of driving you want, also, there is a mod in alpha state that is trying to improve vehicle Ai to allow police chases as vehicle ai on Cyberpunk cant drive on a straigth line without scripting, there is also a mod that fixes the broken perks, problem is that each patch breaks mods, so, in a certain way, with those light patches, CDPR is actually making their game worse.

Gargaune

Magister
problem is that each patch breaks mods, so, in a certain way, with those light patches, CDPR is actually making their game worse.
To be fair, that’s kind of a growing problem across the board in the industry, “Gold” is the new “Public Beta” and developers dripfeed patches for months on end after release. Seem to recall Fallout 4 was similar, and I know I didn’t dare so much as look at a mod during my first PFKM playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom