Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Anyone managed to be trickster? How is it? Sucks or its ok?
Also can someone explain me why during the crusade minigame sometimes it sends me back to the map before I am defeated or the enemies is?

So far it's great, in A5. Hilarious and effective.

Thonius

Arcane
There's something I do not understand. I play as crossblooded sorcerer 12 INT and 20 CHA, level 6. And I still do not have possibility to cast 3rd lv spells; I can cast 8 spells of 1st level and 6 spells of 2nd level. Have I fucked up my build? I thought that all sorcerers except sage subclass need Charisma. If this piece of shit is depended on INT to unlock 3rd level spells and beyond I will have my whole week ruined.
The Sorceror is CHA-based for spells and casting, and should have 3 3rd level spells at lvl 6. You don't have levels in other classes, right?

Drawbacks
A crossblooded sorcerer has one fewer spell known at each level (including cantrips) than is presented on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known.

Furthermore, the conflicting urges created by the divergent nature of the crossblooded sorcerer’s dual heritage forces her to constantly take some mental effort just to remain focused on her current situation and needs. This leaves her with less mental resolve to deal with external threats. A crossblooded sorcerer always takes a –2 penalty on Will saves.

Spell progression also one behind last time I tested it.

i am dying here

I think they like to fuck with the clickbaiters almost as much as I do.
Right... so 6th level regular, non-animu, gets 1 spell. Thanks to the drawback he gets 0 spells. Pretty sure(not really) you can compensate it with 2 mythic feats ( ascended bloodline)

Delterius

Arcane
Right... so 6th level regular, non-animu, gets 1 spell. Thanks to the drawback he gets 0 spells. Pretty sure(not really) you can compensate it with 2 mythic feats ( ascended bloodline)
No you can't. Ascended Bloodline has absolutely nothing to do with spell progression. All it does is give you your capstone. What you *can* do is metamagic, use sorcerer rings that add spell options, merge spellbooks.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Thonius

Arcane
No you can't. Ascended Bloodline has absolutely nothing to do with spell progression. All it does is give you your capstone. What you *can* do is metamagic, use sorcerer rings that add spell options, merge spellbooks.
BUT you get BONUS bloodline spells, no? Or am I mixing it with priest domains...

Delterius

Arcane
BUT you get BONUS bloodline spells, no? Or am I mixing it with priest domains...
nope
Benefit: You immediately gain an ability from the 20th level of your bloodline.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
bought lots of items
:whatho:

Why? I never even opened my inventory after the middle of chapter 4. Also itemization was very very bad.

Doubtful any game has better itemization than this.

From what I've seen so far, I doubt the itemization here comes anywhere near Deadfire level, particularly in relation to gameplay and playstyle impact.

Yeah I get the feeling that a lot of the gear you get that looks kind of juicy at first glance is just supposed to feed your army basically. There are a lot of "+1, and cast tea and muffins whenever you trip over a bollard" type things. Still, at least it's not "+0.00003% to defence against the occasional hangover."

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Suck it bite-memers!

Tainted Sap.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
bought lots of items

Why? I never even opened my inventory after the middle of chapter 4. Also itemization was very very bad.

From what I've seen so far, I doubt the itemization here comes anywhere near Deadfire level, particularly in relation to gameplay and playstyle impact.

Yeah I get the feeling that a lot of the gear you get that looks kind of juicy at first glance is just supposed to feed your army basically. There are a lot of "+1, and cast tea and muffins whenever you trip over a bollard" type things. Still, at least it's not "+0.00003% to defence against the occasional hangover."

There's a fair bit of class/build specific stuff which makes switching companions less of a pain. As with P:K if you think the itemization is lackluster you're probably missing most of the game.

It's great but some of it is easy to miss.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
r without demons and liches.

I would't say without demons, but having like dozens of godlike beings in a single game is a bit overkill. House sized demons too. As for lich, there is only one lich in the game and if you don't follow the lich mythic path, you will never find zacharius. Is not like BG2 with "hobo liches" in the basement of a poor random tavern. Which is retarded. Even in Thay, liches are very rare. You probably have like 3 liches in Thay counting the leader... In Pathfinder, not even in GEB, which is a undead magocracy, you see so many liches as you see in a BG2 city.

just in a tranny lesbian disguise. The most radical romanceable character in WotR is Camellia imo.

The best and most radical is to not romance any character and just pay for it in the Ten Thousand Delights(ch 4). No need to assume compromise.

Reinhardt

Arcane
bought lots of items

That's why i was surprised when i saw hellknights shop.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
bought lots of items

There's a fair bit of class/build specific stuff which makes switching companions less of a pain. As with P:K if you think the itemization is lackluster you're probably missing most of the game.

I'm trying to hang on to some of the things as long as I can in case something occurs to me. There have been a few good bows, and ofc there's that Iceplant ring (which I hear they've removed from the 1st act vendor now?). But I've got two rapierists in my team and I'm not getting enough interesting rapiers (although ofc Finnean's nice - I'm hoping he goes +2, etc., as you get to know him better).

Thonius

Arcane
Okay just tested cross blooded and yeah no 3rd level spells by 6th level, so works as it should I guess. Still, you get bonus spells from 2 bloodlines so it evens out. In fact, it looks OPe, BUT bloodline ascendance does not work!
Lol you can take 3 bloodlines with Mythic and become super edgy! It messes up the class prog window but gives benefits!
Edit... bloodline ascendance works, it just gives the last ability skipping all in between.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
That cleric guy Sshechkebob is an idiot. I did it stupid quest 9for xp of course) so we tracked the necromancer down... and he decides to rush ahead and get sorrudned by a bunch of undead like a retart. Guy has no hp, no ac, nothing. Should have let him die. For such a progressive game, Owlcat sure likes to make the minority characters look like morans. LMAO

Man, I hope this game holds up enough so I can play a second evil game so I can kill all these tools. My current character is pathetically LG. :(

" Paladins are great but they aren't tanks. "

FAKE NEWS

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There are some pretty cool items. My fav at this point is a Scythe in ch2 that gives perma cleave on adjacent enemies. With mythic Power Attack and Cleaving Finish it is hilarious. Run to a bunch of Ghouls and all of them just blow up in the first round.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hey, Anonymous Wife Scholar, live up to your name and tell me one thing - is EVIL Arueshalae a romance option for demons? Or there's only GOOD romance path for her?
Yes there is evil/corrupt path and she gets new portrait.
(although that portrait is still nothing how "ebil succubus" should look like, even ancient jrpgs did this better
p5RZ8bC.jpg
)

don't know why you'd want another Camelia though, game heavily lacking in good waifu department.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I never really figured swarms out in P:K either but they’re not intended to be that hard, especially here.
They were regularly hitting Spidergirl with 16 damage, and there was 2-3 of them on her at the same time. Also I was getting the Confused on Seelah and Spidergirl and all the time, but that was on me, because I was too stupid to read the description of Unbreakable Heart.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Okay just tested cross blooded and yeah no 3rd level spells by 6th level, so works as it should I guess. Still, you get bonus spells from 2 bloodlines so it evens out. In fact it looks OPe

This is shit. What a huge disappointment.

Also, looking on class progression chart in-game, it clearly shows that on 6th level I should have at least 3 casts of 3rd level spells.

First they forced me to save some trannies and lesbians. Then they wanted me to take orders of some other women and fight in a war I don't give a fuck about. And now I cannot cast my fucking fireball.

Parabalus

Arcane
Why doesn't Noticula

give a crystal when shot?

Nvm, it's just on the ground, had to highlight better.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
bought lots of items

I'm trying to hang on to some of the things as long as I can in case something occurs to me. There have been a few good bows, and ofc there's that Iceplant ring (which I hear they've removed from the 1st act vendor now?). But I've got two rapierists in my team and I'm not getting enough interesting rapiers (although ofc Finnean's nice - I'm hoping he goes +2, etc., as you get to know him better).

Keep your Perception up then. I think Mindpiercer is in Leper Cave or maybe Chapel now? Tender Touch with Drezen Vamp is very interesting. They both have damage procs which tend to pick up things they shouldn’t.

Arcane something hidden in Wintersun.

Desiderius

Patron
Okay just tested cross blooded and yeah no 3rd level spells by 6th level, so works as it should I guess. Still, you get bonus spells from 2 bloodlines so it evens out. In fact it looks OPe

This is shit. What a huge disappointment.

Also, looking on class progression chart in-game, it clearly shows that on 6th level I should have at least 3 casts of 3rd level spells.

First they forced me to save some trannies and lesbians. Then they wanted me to take orders of some other women and fight in a war I don't give a fuck about. And now I cannot cast my fucking fireball.

Stop using clickbait and come up with your own shit.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
FINALLY KILLED THE FUCKING STRINGY DEMON, had no buffs and refused to rest, fuck that whore
:positive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom