Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Cross

Arcane
They'll reannounce this game as a Remake, 'cuz sequels have become taboo.
A remake would be awful, but considering it was made with an unfinished engine, Bloodlines could use a remaster. Copy the assets to a finished version of the Source Engine, fix the broken physics, add first-person melee, make the gunplay less obnoxious and let the player carry bodies so that stealth feels like less of an afterthought.

Sadly, that'll never happen.

Wesp5

Arcane
A remake would be awful, but considering it was made with an unfinished engine, Bloodlines could use a remaster. Copy the assets to a finished version of the Source Engine, fix the broken physics, add first-person melee, make the gunplay less obnoxious and let the player carry bodies so that stealth feels like less of an afterthought.

Atrblizzard from the canceled Project Vaulderie is already working on this. Whether he ever finishes it is another question... (https://twitter.com/atrblizzard)

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/582462114
>VTMB2 won't release until 2024 at the earliest
>handed off to CDPR who've started the project from scratch (a lot of the devs including the company founders are die-hard fans and the pitch saved this mess from dying)
>dev not announced yet due to the whole cyberpunk backlash, waiting for it to blow over/next-gen patch to win back some favour)
>smaller internal team at paradox has been assigned to retool most of the assets and mechanics from VTMB2 original into a remake of 1 which will be revealed next year
>trailer for the new VTMB2 will most likely drop in 2023
>will release before "Witcher 4"
>diablo clone style Witcher game coming from The Molasses Flood to fill the gap
Don't know if true and I don't care. Get hyped! Or not. Whatever.

BruceVC

Magister
>handed off to CDPR who've started the project from scratch (a lot of the devs including the company founders are die-hard fans and the pitch saved this mess from dying)
>dev not announced yet due to the whole cyberpunk backlash, waiting for it to blow over/next-gen patch to win back some favour)
>smaller internal team at paradox has been assigned to retool most of the assets and mechanics from VTMB2 original into a remake of 1 which will be revealed next year

There is a lot to take in here, I hope some of what you posting is true

For example, I think CDPR is an excellent development studio and I am confident they could deliver but I am imagine they busy with fixing Cyb 2077

And then is it confirmed their will be a Witcher 4? If that is true its better news than Bloodlines 2

Child of Malkav

Erudite
IDK. I don't have faith in CDPR and the remake of made by Paradox will be heavily sanitized but we'll see. Anyway CDPR is in heavy need of some good will back in these trying times and if I remember correctly they might have spoken in an interview years ago about them wanting to make a game in vtm universe or something to that extent.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I'll remember this in case any of it turns out to be true, but I can go on 4chan right now and type in any bullshit as a "leak".

Eli_Havelock

Learned
> CDPR

If true, the choice was a good one to faithfully recreate many memorable parts of Bloodlines - such as pop-in cops, extended combat areas, and bad gunplay.
RIP everything else.

Xelocix

Learned

This is just some random guy talking out of his butt because nobody has posted anything new about the game in like a month.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
At this point , just cancel the project is instead of letting CDPR making.

They gonna add voiced PC, shitty dialogue system and add their shitty loot shooter equipament just like TW3 and CP2077.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
At this point , just cancel the project is instead of letting CDPR making.

They gonna add voiced PC, shitty dialogue system and add their shitty loot shooter equipament just like TW3 and CP2077.
What? You mean to tell me you don't want an equivalent of the gun Skippy?

It's like someone saw the talking guns in Borederlands and thought "How can I make this shit?"

BruceVC

Magister
For example, I think CDPR is an excellent development studio and I am confident they could deliver but I am imagine they busy with fixing Cyb 2077

:hmmm:
Your post made me laugh because I realized the unintentional contradiction in my post but what I meant is CDPR are the creators of the Witcher series and GOG

And in life to be fair to any reasonable judgement of a company or institution we need to look at the track record when we decide if something is good or bad or can it deliver. So yes Cyb 2077 is definitely not CDPR greatest achievement but they are fixing it and addressing the various issues. So if Cyb was the only game CDPR had released then I would question their ability to deliver any game
But its not so I look at their successes and their problematic projects and they have done more good than bad ?
But yes my point wasnt framed correctly ;)

Starwars

Arcane
If one kept them away from the filler sidequests and forced them (at gunpoint most likely) to rethink their stance on loot, leveling and all that, I'd say that CDPR is probably the best candidate for bringing a Bloodlines game to the market in this day and age, at least if it's going to be a higher budget type of game. The stuff that is always praised about Bloodlines, and what makes it memorable is the writing, the characters and the atmosphere of it. CDPR are very good at all those things and certain things seen in Cyberpunk would fit very well into a Bloodlines game. I actually would love to see their take on the setting (at least if there are still devs left that worked on their previous game, I have no idea).

Most of all I'd like see the project buried, and old cult-classics be left alone, but if it's gotta be done then there are a lot of worse choices than CDPR.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
CDPR would probably do great story, interactivity and atmosphere but with some terrible action gameplay that doesn't fit the game at all.

So no different than the original :troll:

Lambach

Arcane
CDPR would probably do great story, interactivity and atmosphere but with some terrible action gameplay that doesn't fit the game at all.

So no different than the original :troll:

Pre-2016 CDPR, maybe. Current CDPR would probably fuck even that up while blowing a zillion dollars on Brad Pitt (or Robert Pattinson :M).

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Your post made me laugh because I realized the unintentional contradiction in my post but what I meant is CDPR are the creators of the Witcher series and GOG

Cyberpunk'd was like a speedrun of GoG going back on everything that it once stood for; still not satisfied with going that far, the CEO of CDPR flipped it meta.

Wesp5

Arcane

This is why I don't believe anything in that posting is true. As far as I know a Bloodlines 1 remake is still in limbo because Activision doesn't care about it as they are still getting money for nothing with the old game. Also neither assets for a game set in Seattle would make much sense for a game set in L.A. nor mechanics would help if fighting and disciplines were worse and they didn't even have a third person view.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom