Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Adam Brennecke Talks Project Eternity at Sorcerer's Place

Marceror

Novice
Thanks for the coverage of this interview. It's nice to see that the community seems to find it helpful/informative.

Marceror even made an account here to state he was not a crazy stalker. Something only a crazy stalker would do.

Actually, I created my account here to clarify some details about my Project Eternity Information Guide (shameless plug). It's ALL about the game for me. If you happen to view me as some sort of crazed stalker, I'm not going to lift a finger to try and dissuade you from such an opinion. The opinions of random strangers about me on the internet mean exactly nil.

Slight critique on your guide, It hasnt been stated anywhere that the characters introduced in the concept art are companions. All Obsidian said is that they are important to the plot.

I have been thinking about this over the past day, actually. I will most likely change the wording to note that they are characters rather than companions until Obsidian claries further. Appreciate the critique.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the coverage of this interview. It's nice to see that the community seems to find it helpful/informative.

Marceror even made an account here to state he was not a crazy stalker. Something only a crazy stalker would do.

Actually, I created my account here to clarify some details about my Project Eternity Information Guide (shameless plug). It's ALL about the game for me. If you happen to view me as some sort of crazed stalker, I'm not going to lift a finger to try and dissuade you from such an opinion. The opinions of random strangers about me on the internet mean exactly nil.
Why don't you instead help Ausir with his official wiki?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I don't hate him but why should someone doing their own PE site help someone out? Let them do their own things, and the people cna decide who did a better job. Which leads to drama which Codex loves.

So my question is... why do you hate the Codex?

Marceror

Novice
I don't understand the point that you are trying to make vots. What, exactly, is the key? Are you implying that fans around the net should create some sort of information union, and collaborate all of their wiki and other information related projects into a shared collective?

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
I don't really know much about Ausir. My impression is that he's just a fan doing his thing. I'm another fan doing mine.

His Fallout wiki was one of the first and is the most complete, to the point of developers using it(both bleghsoft and obsidian) And his PE wiki is the official one, with Obsidian blessing.

This is the key to understanding shitloads if incomplete wikis around the internet full of missing information and broken links.

Whatever, Ausir does a pretty good job at wikis. Especially the Fallout one.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I always found the concept of official fansites mildly amusing. Or "official" wikis, for that matter... or announcing the "official place" where a game's downloads should be hosted before actual development on the game has even started.

But I find a lot of things amusing these days...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I always found the concept of official fansites mildly amusing. Or "official" wikis, for that matter... or announcing the "official place" where a game's downloads should be hosted before actual development on the game has even started.

If I ever make a kool mod for Eternity I'll make sure Sorcerer's is the only place allowed to host it ;)

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

If I ever make a kool mod for Eternity I'll make sure Sorcerer's is the only place allowed to host it ;)

:incline:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

Why so serious? You some kind of serious stalker or something?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Excellent interview. :thumbsup: The author asked many questions that left me concerned. It aleviated some worries, though unfortunately Adam dodged a lot of inquiries.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Agreed. That's probably one of the better informative interviews to date. And this game me a raging hard on:

[Marceror] Will there be that same level of depth, where there are a massive number of feats and other options available for a player to choose from?

[Adam] Oh yeah.

:boner:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Great interview, lots of boner-inducing answers. However, I really, really crossed my fingers for feral cannibalistic man-eating hobbits, and that fragment

They are small folk based after the gnome and the Halfling). He isn’t necessarily upper class, but he comes from wealth, so he dresses very nicely. .
shattered my dreams :cry:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
[Marceror] Are you going for a more open feel to the game (ala Baldur’s Gate 1) or will it be more like Baldur’s Gate 2, where you basically couldn't turn around without bumping into a quest of some sort?
[Adam] We were just talking about this on Wednesday. We definitely want to have wilderness areas like in Baldur’s Gate 1. We want to encourage exploration, but it’s definitely not going to be as aimless it was in Baldur’s Gate 1, or as tedious. We want to make fewer areas, but have more content in them, and make them a bit more focused.​

His dodging is so good is almost like a jedi mind trick.

MCA
[Marceror] Are you going for a more open feel to the game (ala Baldur’s Gate 1) or will it be more like Baldur’s Gate 2, where you basically couldn't turn around without bumping into a quest of some sort?
[Adam] We were just talking about this on Wednesday. We definitely want to have wilderness areas like in Baldur’s Gate 1. We want to encourage exploration, but it’s definitely not going to be as aimless it was in Baldur’s Gate 1, or as tedious. We want to make fewer areas, but have more content in them, and make them a bit more focused.​

His dodging is so good is almost like a jedi mind trick.

BWAHAHAHAHA!
FEWER AREAS?
NOT "AIMLESS OR TEDIOUS AS BALDUR'S GATE?"

2D ALPHA POPAMOLE WITH SWORDS AND SORCERY IN IE'S DISGUISE!

Real CRAP! with prose cocksuckers get what they deserve: a load of cum railroaded down your throat with the balls resting on your eye sockets. This will be the most dumbed down and the shittiest indie RPG with a budget that matches those of IE games.

I can't wait to see just how much retarded the donator content will be. Say hello to FO2 and multiply it by 20.

Enjoy your shitty low budget indie DA:O.

R00FLES!

MCA
[Marceror] Where'd the Ouroboros roll off to?

[Adam] It has rolled into infinity, into eternity. It spun out of control. (i.e. The Ouroboros that was originally part of the Project Eternity logo is no longer associated with the game)

My guess: Bethesda intervened because of the remotely similar TESO symbol (though TESO sign isn't even an ouroboros). In fact, I'm pretty certain of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom