Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So, yesterday I finished the game. My heroine reached level 40 (started on level 22, transferred from the previous game). The campaign took me about 37 hours and I took my time.

Some thoughts:

ATOM: Trudograd is an immense improvement in most areas compared to the original ATOM. The world is smaller, but more fleshed out. The writing is better and while you'll still find plenty of talkative characters and walking memes, it's not as exhausting as before. The story also seems more interesting - instead of fighting a sentient mushroom this time we're on a search for a piece of prewar technology that might prove vital for the survival of the post-nuclear world - and a professor who might possess critical knowledge about the workings of this tech. It's an interesting detective story in which you search for clues, interrogate witnesses, sometimes even engage in a risky side-gig in hope of receiving valuable intel. The second plotline concerns the political conflict and class struggle in the titular city of Trudograd which will force you to pick sides (and one of the mutually exclusive main questlines). The third plotline is a tale of doom looming over Trudograd, a doom that might make your mission harder. It provides certain sense of (ultimately fake) urgency. Of course, there is also a multitude of sidequests that lead you to different parts of the city and also beyond its impressive walls. Like in the previous game you'll explore Soviet bunkers, mutant-infested caves, and mysterious underground complexes, but this time you'll be also sailing the high seas - some of the missions take your party of adventurers to the pirate islands and an old Soviet freighter. Also, there are tons of completely optional content you will most likely miss on your first or even second playthrough, gated behind weird skill and stat requirements or specific decisions you may, but are not forced to take. Besides, there is a fun card game called bombagun that you can play with some NPCs and even become a grandmaster. It's not as engaging as Gwent, but still pretty enjoyable. Plus, the actual, majestic Soviet power armor. Powered by Diesel and producing lots of fumes. All this is supported by much-improved visuals (the game looks better than Wasteland 3, which should not be possible, taking their respective budgets into consideration) and beautiful, melancholic music.

However, despite being satisfied by the game and happy with my purchase, I have some criticisms to make:

Difficulty - provided that you may create a new character on level 15 or transfer the one you completed the previous game with (sometimes much more robust) Trudograd must have been quite difficult to balance. Despite playing the game on the second-highest, Expert level (I don't like permadeath and too harsh limits on saving, which come with the highest level) my playthrough was pretty easy for 95% of the time. Few combat encounters presented a real challenge, even fewer after I acquired the power armor, which felt a little bit like god-mode. My PC has easily beaten most skill checks and stat checks, although there were a few that required raising skills into high 200s. Most of the time I felt little need for enhancing my skills with alcohol and drugs and didn't have to ask the aid of the party members (who can also pass some skill checks). The final battle might have been a bit more demanding, but it was also completely avoidable for a character with an intellect of 10 and a speechcraft of 299. Actually, after completing the game I loaded my last save game and decided to fight it out with the end boss and his band of henchmen. It has also proven to be piss easy. I won on my first try, without any casualty on my side. The first ATOM game and least provided some genuinely difficult battles, especially in the old bunkers. Here the only challenging combat was waged during a sidequest. And it also could be trivialized if you complete it in a power armor.

After level 30 character building becomes pretty meaningless. My PC became an awe-inspiring talker, a murderous sharpshooter, a brilliant technician, an excellent picker of locks... but also a skilled engineer, a crafty gambler and a decent pickpocket. Basically, I managed to build a post-apocalyptic Mary Sue. In the end I really did not know where to invest these hundreds of skill points. On the other hand, the redesigned Perk system offered me interesting choices until level 40. Not that I really needed them though.

Economy & itemization - an issue connected with difficulty. The itemization is really weird. For 90% of the game, my character used the automatic rifle she got upon transfer from the original ATOM: the AKMS. In the late game she also used Vintorez and a special machine gun installed on her power armor, but quickly run out of ammo for this one and during the final battle returned to good old AKMS. So basically she murdered the end boss with a starting weapon. Even weirder, the most damage in the party was dealt by a follower using a GR-121 Auto Pistol, a regular pistol that could shoot bursts. It was typical for my party member to exterminate 2-3 enemies during her turn, while my PC struggled to kill one or two from her obviously superior weapon. It seems like the itemization was not much improved compared to the original game so there are few new toys to play with (except for the special weapons installed on the power armor).

It's also very easy to completely break the economy. If you explore the world diligently and regularly sell the accumulated spoils of war to numerous merchants, soon you'll be swimming in cash. It's especially jarring in the first hours of the game where you simply don't know what to do with another thousand rubles. Or three thousand. By mid-game you find a money-sink in the power armor - first you have to purchase it for a large amount of cash, then pay some more for upgrades and additional elements. However, after I maxed out the armor (and got the proper achievement) there was simply nothing more to spend my hard-earned rubles. I accumulated tons of ammo, drugs and medical supplies, emptied the inventories of every gun merchant and medicine dealer in Trudograd, and still ended the game with over 80 000 rubles.

The end game is also quite disappointing. For most of the campaign, you try to gain access to the upper Trudograd - the mysterious Seventh Heaven, place where the ruling elite dwells. However, when you finally reach the place, it neither feels rewarding nor gives access to much new content. The foreshadowed Northern Invasion also fails to impress and you never get to fight the mastermind behind it all - the mysterious and legendary Syoma Voronov. The best you can do is kill his second in command. It's a major letdown. It's a pity, because I feel that if the ATOM team would put some more work into the endgame the payoff might have been much better.

Despite all these faults the game as a whole is a very enjoyable adventure with a distinct tone and atmosphere. It's obvious lots of love went into the creation of Trudograd - as it was with the previous game. And it's very easy to love the game in return. I sincerely hope the devs manage to create ATOM 2. But I also hope that this time we will play as a fresh character that's neither Mary Sue nor Gary Stu of the Soviet Wasteland.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Syoma Voronov is probably a sequel bait.

Maybe. It is mentioned that Fidel, our pal from the original ATOM went north to battle against Voronov. Throughout the game I hoped that I'll manage to eventually meet him and maybe even team up against the Northern invaders, but it never happens. A lost opportunity. At least Hexogen is great and I liked Blaze quite a lot. Enjoyed her youthful enthusiasm for the leftist cause - and a subtle way in which her lines are written in a way to make fun of contemporary woke left.

CoronerZg

Augur
Difficulty - provided that you may create a new character on level 15 or transfer the one you completed the previous game with (sometimes much more robust) Trudograd must have been quite difficult to balance. Despite playing the game on the second-highest, Expert level (I don't like permadeath and too harsh limits on saving, which come with the highest level) my playthrough was pretty easy for 95% of the time. Few combat encounters presented a real challenge, even fewer after I acquired the power armor, which felt a little bit like god-mode. My PC has easily beaten most skill checks and stat checks, although there were a few that required raising skills into high 200s. Most of the time I felt little need for enhancing my skills with alcohol and drugs and didn't have to ask the aid of the party members (who can also pass some skill checks). The final battle might have been a bit more demanding, but it was also completely avoidable for a character with an intellect of 10 and a speechcraft of 299. Actually, after completing the game I loaded my last save game and decided to fight it out with the end boss and his band of henchmen. It has also proven to be piss easy. I won on my first try, without any casualty on my side. The first ATOM game and least provided some genuinely difficult battles, especially in the old bunkers. Here the only challenging combat was waged during a sidequest. And it also could be trivialized if you complete it in a power armor.

After level 30 character building becomes pretty meaningless. My PC became an awe-inspiring talker, a murderous sharpshooter, a brilliant technician, an excellent picker of locks... but also a skilled engineer, a crafty gambler and a decent pickpocket. Basically, I managed to build a post-apocalyptic Mary Sue. In the end I really did not know where to invest these hundreds of skill points. On the other hand, the redesigned Perk system offered me interesting choices until level 40. Not that I really needed them though.
This shit makes me genuinely sad. I fucking LOVED the first half of the original ATOM, and then it became so piss easy that I've lost all the interest in the game, just going through the motion. And I really hoped a second one would fix that, but from everything I've read it's even worse now. I've bought the game and all the supporter packs on release cause I like the guys and I've been waiting for the usual post-release updates before playing... but now I'm not even sure I'll play the game :negative:

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Greetings, friends!

Today, our small team wishes to congratulate every single one of you with St. Valentine's Day. And to celebrate carnal love and procreation which this festive date promotes, we would love (no pun intended) to announce our second title's first pay-to-play DLC... ATOM RPG: Trudograd: Lust in Labor City.

❤ Court your favorite hot singles via expanded dating dialogue system;

upload_2022-2-14_20-12-55.png
upload_2022-2-14_20-16-39.png

❤ Or discover the hidden benefits of building an inter-species romance;
upload_2022-2-14_20-14-33.png

Haha it was all a ruse, a mere jest. But what's not a jest is the fact I'm better now and so now I'm gonna reply to everyone sorry for taking so long.

I've had Trudograd in my library ever since it was possible to prepay for it once they created the STEAM page for it (I loved the original ATOM) - are there any "big" patches in the making? I'd like to play Trudograd when essentially there won't be anymore changes by the devs due to my limited gaming time available. Thanks!
Not going to be big, but we are currently 60% done with a free content dlc that will be announced kind of soon. It will have a big dungeon, new mechanics, but I doubt that it will take more than a few hours to go through completely. Though some parts might warrant a replay of the game just to play with the new stuff. But it won't force you to. More to come!

But why does it need additional ATOM account?

I thought additional registrations required to install a game you purchased on Steam is an Electronic Arts and Ubisoft thing.

NO! Itš not even required, itš to use a cloud save transfer feature, for example if you have Trudograd on your home and work PC you can use the cloud save to continue as same character without copying and physically carrying the save file around on a floppy drive. And in case of the original Atom RPG itš even better, because it lets you transfer the same character and save file between consoles, PC, and phones. If like most you only have one copy of the game on one device, you don't need this and don't have to register.

Then you should change it on Steam. Whenever I see that a 3rd Party Account is required, and that is what Steams shows here, I instantly ignore the game. Pretty sure I am not the only one.
No but see the thing is it's not REQUIRED on Steam, or anywhere else. I doubt that more than 5% of our players use it. It's just a handy option for those who own several copies of the game for some reason and want to transfer saves between them. You don't need it to play, but if you ever get the need to do so, doing it through our own server is the only viable option at the moment, that's why it's there. But it can be ignored though.

does every character still spout memes like the original atom? i like the new snow city setting but not sure if i wanna do another 60 hours of chris chan memes
Ironically, Trudograd has more Chris chan related things (2, while the original game had 1) but much less memes in general. We cut references at least 500% and the texts are shorter and boringer.

Is there any way to swap the VO language back to Russian without changing text as well? The person who narrates the storybook segments in English is... really bad. Like, bad enough that the second it started, I alt-F4'ed my way out of the game to make it stop and muted the voice volume before starting the game again.
We have this suggestion in the backlog, but no date as of yet!

Honestly, I'm not thrilled with this. Zero improvements to ATOM's already rather boring combat, starting with an endgame character (even if you roll a new one from level 15 instead of importing) takes away the only sort of interesting challenge of the first game, confining everything to one city was a huge blow to the creativity and personality of the setting, especially since the city wasn't especially large or developed in an urban sense compared to what was already present in ATOM. Getting to the upper area finally was especially shocking - seriously? It's one room, two buildings? The random encounters were tedious and interchangeable... A few nice bits of writing and mystery - something the team does very well - but overall not something I really even wanted to finish once I got rolling.

I think maybe I would have enjoyed this more if it had remained a 10-15 hour expansion to ATOM, rather than being fleshed out with a bunch of unnecessary padding into a full game. I don't think it really has the legs to stand on its own and the added length just invited scrutiny it can't withstand.
We get that a lot! But I'll never get tired of saying: we cut travel time x1000, but we didn't cut exploration. Trudograd has much more areas that are completely missable without exploration, than the original game ever had. I'd even say Trudograd has less linearity! The last area isn't a time or budget thing, it was supposed to be like that, but I agree that it doesn't SEEM like that. We might improve it a little in the free DLC!

I just finished this last night also. A really nice step up in terms of graphics, inventory, and writing from the original. The game did get really easy near the end with high Speechcraft, but at least the end "boss" wasn't as annoying as that mushroom cult bitch in the original ATOM

I'm in the endgame of Trudograd. Already have been playing for 35 hours. Despite actively searching for secrets and following on every lead I could find, judging from the achievements list I still managed to miss lots of optional content and easter eggs.

The game also has two mutually exclussive main questlines (Police and Revolutionaries) so there is quite a bit of replayability. I'd say you can squeeze about 50 hours of gameplay out of this game. Not bad for something the devs call an expansion.
Thanks! Glad you liked it!!!

So, yesterday I finished the game. My heroine reached level 40 (started on level 22, transferred from the previous game). The campaign took me about 37 hours and I took my time.

Some thoughts:

ATOM: Trudograd is an immense improvement in most areas compared to the original ATOM. The world is smaller, but more fleshed out. The writing is better and while you'll still find plenty of talkative characters and walking memes, it's not as exhausting as before. The story also seems more interesting - instead of fighting a sentient mushroom this time we're on a search for a piece of prewar technology that might prove vital for the survival of the post-nuclear world - and a professor who might possess critical knowledge about the workings of this tech. It's an interesting detective story in which you search for clues, interrogate witnesses, sometimes even engage in a risky side-gig in hope of receiving valuable intel. The second plotline concerns the political conflict and class struggle in the titular city of Trudograd which will force you to pick sides (and one of the mutually exclusive main questlines). The third plotline is a tale of doom looming over Trudograd, a doom that might make your mission harder. It provides certain sense of (ultimately fake) urgency. Of course, there is also a multitude of sidequests that lead you to different parts of the city and also beyond its impressive walls. Like in the previous game you'll explore Soviet bunkers, mutant-infested caves, and mysterious underground complexes, but this time you'll be also sailing the high seas - some of the missions take your party of adventurers to the pirate islands and an old Soviet freighter. Also, there are tons of completely optional content you will most likely miss on your first or even second playthrough, gated behind weird skill and stat requirements or specific decisions you may, but are not forced to take. Besides, there is a fun card game called bombagun that you can play with some NPCs and even become a grandmaster. It's not as engaging as Gwent, but still pretty enjoyable. Plus, the actual, majestic Soviet power armor. Powered by Diesel and producing lots of fumes. All this is supported by much-improved visuals (the game looks better than Wasteland 3, which should not be possible, taking their respective budgets into consideration) and beautiful, melancholic music.

However, despite being satisfied by the game and happy with my purchase, I have some criticisms to make:

Economy & itemization - an issue connected with difficulty. The itemization is really weird. For 90% of the game, my character used the automatic rifle she got upon transfer from the original ATOM: the AKMS. In the late game she also used Vintorez and a special machine gun installed on her power armor, but quickly run out of ammo for this one and during the final battle returned to good old AKMS. So basically she murdered the end boss with a starting weapon. Even weirder, the most damage in the party was dealt by a follower using a GR-121 Auto Pistol, a regular pistol that could shoot bursts. It was typical for my party member to exterminate 2-3 enemies during her turn, while my PC struggled to kill one or two from her obviously superior weapon. It seems like the itemization was not much improved compared to the original game so there are few new toys to play with (except for the special weapons installed on the power armor).

It's also very easy to completely break the economy. If you explore the world diligently and regularly sell the accumulated spoils of war to numerous merchants, soon you'll be swimming in cash. It's especially jarring in the first hours of the game where you simply don't know what to do with another thousand rubles. Or three thousand. By mid-game you find a money-sink in the power armor - first you have to purchase it for a large amount of cash, then pay some more for upgrades and additional elements. However, after I maxed out the armor (and got the proper achievement) there was simply nothing more to spend my hard-earned rubles. I accumulated tons of ammo, drugs and medical supplies, emptied the inventories of every gun merchant and medicine dealer in Trudograd, and still ended the game with over 80 000 rubles.

The end game is also quite disappointing. For most of the campaign, you try to gain access to the upper Trudograd - the mysterious Seventh Heaven, place where the ruling elite dwells. However, when you finally reach the place, it neither feels rewarding nor gives access to much new content. The foreshadowed Northern Invasion also fails to impress and you never get to fight the mastermind behind it all - the mysterious and legendary Syoma Voronov. The best you can do is kill his second in command. It's a major letdown. It's a pity, because I feel that if the ATOM team would put some more work into the endgame the payoff might have been much better.

Despite all these faults the game as a whole is a very enjoyable adventure with a distinct tone and atmosphere. It's obvious lots of love went into the creation of Trudograd - as it was with the previous game. And it's very easy to love the game in return. I sincerely hope the devs manage to create ATOM 2. But I also hope that this time we will play as a fresh character that's neither Mary Sue nor Gary Stu of the Soviet Wasteland.
That's a very fair and thorough review. The difficulty thing is very unfortunate, especially seeing how you played on Expert and still thought of it as easy. We'd happily make it more hardcore, but we receive as much criticism, even from returning players, that it's way too hard or even impossible at times on normal. This dilemma has taught us a lot of stuff for the future. I doubt that we'll ever re-balance Trudograd, since changing it either way would piss off more players than it would sattisfy, but it's surely a lesson learned for our next game. The economy however will receive more money sinks in the upcoming DLC. At least for most of the cash you say you gathered through the game. Lots of fun testing it! On weapons, though, while I'm not the one who makes them, I'm pretty sure there are at least 20 new ones in the game, and most are way more powerful than the starter! For example the Chinese SMG, the craftable stuff, etc. The ammo problem for the machine gun will also be fixed in the DLC! Thanks!

Syoma Voronov is probably a sequel bait.
Maybe........!

This shit makes me genuinely sad. I fucking LOVED the first half of the original ATOM, and then it became so piss easy that I've lost all the interest in the game, just going through the motion. And I really hoped a second one would fix that, but from everything I've read it's even worse now. I've bought the game and all the supporter packs on release cause I like the guys and I've been waiting for the usual post-release updates before playing... but now I'm not even sure I'll play the game :negative:
Thanks! Though, just like Trudograd, the first ATOM still receives reviews stating it's impossibly difficult even during the end game. You might have tried this already like Lord_Potato, but in case you didn't - try running on Expert. It helps at least some people, both in Atom and Trudograd. Who knows?

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Well I think that's that!!! We're still working on the free content update which we'll announce in due time. Lots of fun stuff in there! See you later!

Codex Year of the Donut
I feel like soon the only way devs will be able to make games difficult is by hiding the difficulty options like the god challenges in deadfire where you have to click on some random part of the main menu.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
The plot is basically get the railgun but sure the Northern invasion might have been better kept secret. Also it's NMA so they must be Fallout fanbois.
Oh shit, I started to reply lower than your posts were!!! Also thanks for the heads up on the Atom thread, I still don't get notifications for it despite being subbed, it's crazy!

:necro:

Infinitron has kindly uploaded all of the Turdograd portraits into our avatar gallery. You should check them out, there's a couple of nice ones! I myself have gone with Idlen who's portrait i really like. It's my prefered look, who's it based on?

Zavod_Emma.png

Emma is so beautiful, who's the model? And why can't you convince Mertivago to paint Emma's portrait? She says she would like that!

Underglow_Avtodor.png

Look at this dude! Having a really cool skull on the hammer & sickle.
This is great news! Unfortunately, no fun reply on any of the sources. Like you probably noticed, we took pics for the first game from everywhere: google images with free to use licence, people we like, backer photos from Kickstarter, ourselves, etc. A couple of times this caused minor problems, so for Trudograd our artist basically bought a giant free stock mugshot pack from some studio. We the writers choose a face, then he paints its portrait. Everything is from there and it is so huge we'll have faces for at least a couple more games. There are no model names or even dates when their pics were taken as far as I know. I picked Emma myself, great TASTE compadre. The face shot was the only one we had of this person. Might already be an elderly person... Or a spooky ghost! Or maybe it's like a few months old! Nice catch about the portrait!

Were the character portraits drawn from real people? One of the pregen character options looks so much like my brother that it's a bit disturbing.
I also missed this question: Player character portraits are part members of our team, part our Kickstarter backers, a few youtubers who were kind enough to play the first beta on their channels, part stock mugshots of prostitutes, and a QA tester.

Greetings, friends!
Thanks for the updates, and have a good year. ATOM RPG was a lot of fun. I appreciate both it and Trudograd being decently priced games, too. Good shit.
Thank you!
I feel like soon the only way devs will be able to make games difficult is by hiding the difficulty options like the god challenges in deadfire where you have to click on some random part of the main menu.
We'll experiment with AI probably!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Greetings, friends!

That's a very fair and thorough review. The difficulty thing is very unfortunate, especially seeing how you played on Expert and still thought of it as easy. We'd happily make it more hardcore, but we receive as much criticism, even from returning players, that it's way too hard or even impossible at times on normal. This dilemma has taught us a lot of stuff for the future. I doubt that we'll ever re-balance Trudograd, since changing it either way would piss off more players than it would sattisfy, but it's surely a lesson learned for our next game. The economy however will receive more money sinks in the upcoming DLC. At least for most of the cash you say you gathered through the game. Lots of fun testing it! On weapons, though, while I'm not the one who makes them, I'm pretty sure there are at least 20 new ones in the game, and most are way more powerful than the starter! For example the Chinese SMG, the craftable stuff, etc. The ammo problem for the machine gun will also be fixed in the DLC! Thanks!

May I suggest that in the future games you create a difficulty level above Expert, but keep permadeath and limited saving as separate, toggleable settings?

In a game like ATOM, where combat begins without a separate tactical deployment phase, permadeath can be extremely brutal and punishing, because death is sometimes completely unavoidable. You really have a limited way of controlling what's happening on the battlefield. If the battle commences, and you roll lower for initiative, the enemy can hit you with several bursts of bullets before you even have an opportunity to act. It's similar to Fallout (which I'm sure was intentional, but creates its set of problems) - games with long campaigns, high lethality weapons and large impact of RNG are not well suited to permadeath. I'm also not a fan of limited saving. If I could play on the highest difficulty level without these two settings, I'd sure pick it.

Also, perhaps you could consider a special toggleable setting not unlike the Wasteland 3 one, where all skill and stat checks receive a flat boost to make them more challenging (say +2 for stat checks, + 40 for skill checks) and reward more focused character building. In Trudograd very fast I reached a moment when I could pass almost every check with some of my skills in the lower 200s and most in the lower 100s. The only skill checks I had trouble with were price negotiations with the Power Armor guy (I could not convince him to lower price neither by speechcraft, nor barter). If checks in your game are often an alternative to combat, perhaps passing some of them should require a really high stat point investment.

You could also consider introducing a solution from Fallout in which increasing skills above 100 costs you double and above 200 say triple. That would somewhat mitigate the skill point inflation on higher levels. After level 30 I was swimming in skill points anyway.

I have a really high opinion of your games and would love to see them present more of a challenge, but in a fair way (not via permadeath). I think you nailed the difficulty in early stages of the first ATOM pretty well. Making the game challenging on higher levels surely is not easy, but introducing some toggleable settings might help in this regard.

notpl

Arbiter
The trouble with ATOM's combat is its high lethality. Past a certain point you're just going to be one-shotting every enemy with a critical hit to the eyes, just like in Fallout, and the only "challenge" is going to be from situations where the enemy critically hits you in the eyes first, in which case you simply reload and hope it goes differently the second time. The system doesn't really have enough depth to actually be difficult in a way where combat encounters can be approached differently and there's back and forth between your team and the enemies except at very low levels, before everyone starts 1-shotting each other with crits or bursts.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
May I suggest that in the future games you create a difficulty level above Expert
Why can't Expert just be for experts? Make it simple. If you think the game is to difficult then go play on Easy. I cannot comprehend how difficulty levels could be an issue in 2022. Having all difficulty levels be easy, as in Trudograd and many other current games, is just absurd.

I agree that permadeath and limited number of saves should be toggleable options separate from difficulty.

Codex Year of the Donut
May I suggest that in the future games you create a difficulty level above Expert
Why can't Expert just be for experts? Make it simple. If you think the game is to difficult then go play on Easy. I cannot comprehend how difficulty levels could be an issue in 2022. Having all difficulty levels be easy, as in Trudograd and many other current games, is just absurd.

I agree that permadeath and limited number of saves should be toggleable options separate from difficulty.
You don't understand how these people work at all.
They pick the hardest difficulty then complain it's too difficult.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm trying it for the first time and I find the font a bit too small and the increased UI scaling doesn't seem to help with the inventory and barter interface.
Anyone can help me out with this?

Also stuck in combat...it won't give me my turn.

6kzLH1r.jpg

Not sure what's triggering this.

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm trying it for the first time and I find the font a bit too small and the increased UI scaling doesn't seem to help with the inventory and barter interface.
Anyone can help me out with this?

Also stuck in combat...it won't give me my turn.

6kzLH1r.jpg

Not sure what's triggering this.
That was actually better in the original ATOM RPG. There you could make the inventory UI huge. Trudograd is decline in that regard.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Bruh, I'm also not liking these 'end game' skill checks.
I'm guessing from Speechcraft alone needed more than 140 points :lol:
The skill check pacing is just too weird.
Reminded me of how much I hated MOTB Epic shit

Humbaba

Arcane
I hesitate to complain about performance because I'm on a laptop, but the brothel tanks incredibly hard.

Humbaba

Arcane
I do like though how the game gives you the opportunity to butcher extortionist chinks. Shove those 4 shots a round up your ass Chang, I have regen.

Codex Year of the Donut
decided to look up how to get the "Sick Freak" achievement
Find Slava in Scrap Quarter, chat him up and make sure you tell him to go out in the world by himself without offering to speak to his mother on his behalf.
In 2 days he’ll be gone, mother tells you off. You find Slava behind the van near Haishen (the dog) in Outskirts. He tells you he offers sexual experience for rubles/drugs.
Trail back to his mother and tell her what happened to her son. She dies of a heart attack. Get back to Slava and tell him his mom died. He asks for black lotus to commemorate her. Give him one bag and ask for sex in return.
:hmmm:

Alphons

Cipher
When talking with the crazy lady near the city gates, you can use Dexterity to eat her baby. I think there's also an achievement for it.

Plus a bonus for avid readers, merchant standing with his bodyguard at the caravan parking lot has an interesting book called Codex. If you steal and read it you can have an interesting conversation with him.

Codex Year of the Donut
oh neat, found a thermos. Couldn't find a use for it until I went to make coffee, lets you carry it with you instead of consuming it right away.

Codex Year of the Donut
really dislike the narrator for the text scenes btw, should have went with a rugged older man with a russian accent

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom