Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Jarzebina

Looks better than WL2 :troll:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Who's doing the writing? What's his resume? I remember your writing from the demo was horrible.
*The Atomboy nods his head, puts hands in the pockets of his rag-suit, takes them out again, spits on the ground, looks at his muddy shoes with contempt and gives out a little sigh*
Long time no see, TOBAPU|_|_|,! "Terrible" is such an ugly word. How about "exotic" or "ethnic"? Our two writers take great inspiration from the dry, bleak, hateful, highly stylized prose of such Russian classics as Shalamov, Platonov and early Sorokin (in the same way as our artist gets his inspiration from the works of Lobanov) and we stand by it! As for the English translation, we're totally ready to admit that it really looks kind of googly, even though I never use the thing. That's why we have a native English gentleman sorting through it and making it better as we speak! Kickstarter is sure a great way to find a helping hand! A patch is on it's way. As for the resume, it's more of a portfolio. It's scattered among the image boards, mostly... There was also that failed comedy club routine. And some games.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Are you Dmitry, the guy who posted a link on my blog?

WTnGALN.jpg

What do you think about Jagged Alliance 2, btw? (your answer is important to me)

Well, I'm almost him! I'm some guy he hired! And I'm here to tell you he says hello ;)
As for JA2, we're mostly slavs here in the Atom Team. When we don't make our Fallouts, we make our Jagged Alliance Twos! Since I was born in the late 80's, JA2 was the only father figure I ever had. But even the younger guys on the team enjoyed the crap out of it. Not the best thing ever branded with Sir-Tech's logo in my opinion (I like Wizardry 6 & 7 more), but still better than most.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Backed! Wish you best of luck, mate.
Thank you so much, man! You know, I always cringed a lot when other kickstarter-bound teams posted something along the lines of "Thank you for making history with us! Welcome to our huge, happy gaming family!". But lol, may god smite me where I sit if I'm lying - when someone tells me he put his trust into our project - I honestly feel that way. Like we're all a community, and we're making history together. Bless you, man! It means so much!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thank you so much, man! You know, I always cringed a lot when other kickstarter-bound teams posted something along the lines of "Thank you for making history with us! Welcome to our huge, happy gaming family!". But lol, may god smite me where I sit if I'm lying - when someone tells me he put his trust into our project - I honestly feel that way. Like we're all a community, and we're making history together. Bless you, man! It means so much!

Just don't abuse that trust and blow the money on hookers *cough* Star Citizen *cough*

Might even pledge myself, even though I officially swore off Kickstarter.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Never thought that hearing soviet melody in Fallout will be so... touchy. A couple of questions: Did you play Resurrection? What should be improved in Fallout formula?
We sure did! Huge mods like that always inspired the crap out of most of us, to be honest. As for the formula... Well, first thing I'd add to Fallout would be a better battle system. SPECIAL all the way, but at least some type of cover or JA2-esque run-walk-sneak-crouch pose changing and roof climbing. That's actually planned for our battle system as a stretch-goal. Can't say I answered for all of the team, though. The other thing for me would be more places like Shady Sands, less places like the NCR. There's just something about small communities surviving in the desert, that I cannot find in huge locations with democracy and civilization almost rebuilt. Also, more places like Modoc. Fallout 1 trumps Fallout 2 IMO, but I just love me some Modoc. The mystery farm, the forced marriage, the ghoul-finding, the sewer shenanigans. Oh the memories.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Backed it long time ago. Btw why are there two threads abbot this game?
First one was about me begging the Codex for Greenlight. This time we're making it all about Kickstarter! I decided the theme change was just asking for a crisp new thread!

Kotaku and IGN scoff at me, but I have faith in the Codex.

Curious about this. What happened?

Not much, really. That was more of a joke, actually. All they ever actually did to us was we've been sending them our press-releases for months now... and they didn't even reply once! Our very own Navigator Igrovogo Mira (sort of a Russian IGN) gave us a shoutout! But not these guys! No sir!

Looks better than WL2 :troll:

Cheeky! :D

Who's doing the writing? What's his resume? I remember your writing from the demo was horrible.

Eh, youre exaggerating. It was ways above Bethesda level for example.

True, but...

You can be ways above Beth level and still be awfull.

...sadly, also true.

There's a remastering of the translation in the works, though!

Not backing, but definitely gonna buy after release.

We can respect that! Just remember us in 2018! :D

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Backed it long time ago. Btw why are there two threads abbot this game?
...And since I can't find a way to edit my previous post.... Thank you so much for backing us, man! We will deliver, you know. We really will! It really means a lot.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Just don't abuse that trust and blow the money on hookers *cough* Star Citizen *cough*

Might even pledge myself, even though I officially swore off Kickstarter.

Oh... oh no... No... We're not MGTOW yet, but we plan to keep our celibacy until the work is finally done. Getting this far was way too hard to just crap all over it instead of finally achieving completion. No woman of the Night will make us halt our stride! Not even Mia Khalifa* herself.
And as for the possible backing, we appreciate the mere thought of it a ton, goes without saying. Try our stuff out! And who knows!

*We don't actually like Mia Khalifa.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
*The Atomboy nods his head, puts hands in the pockets of his rag-suit, takes them out again, spits on the ground, looks at his muddy shoes with contempt and gives out a little sigh*
Long time no see, TOBAPU|_|_|,! "Terrible" is such an ugly word. How about "exotic" or "ethnic"? Our two writers take great inspiration from the dry, bleak, hateful, highly stylized prose of such Russian classics as Shalamov, Platonov and early Sorokin (in the same way as our artist gets his inspiration from the works of Lobanov) and we stand by it! As for the English translation, we're totally ready to admit that it really looks kind of googly, even though I never use the thing. That's why we have a native English gentleman sorting through it and making it better as we speak! Kickstarter is sure a great way to find a helping hand! A patch is on it's way. As for the resume, it's more of a portfolio. It's scattered among the image boards, mostly... There was also that failed comedy club routine. And some games.
Look..

I get the whole "hey dudebros, I know the Golden Boy meme, I'm one of you guys. US GUYS, RIGHT?!?! Let's show those Bethestards!! Let's fund this thing!!" routine.

And I get the whole "look I'M SUCH A WRITER, i can *DESCRIBE MY ACTIONS* in a post" routine, which is cringy, honestly, but ok.

But I asked for a portfolio. Surely your guys should've posted some novellas somewhere, maybe fanfic, whatever. So don't play a shy girl with me. You want my money? Show me your titties as a promise of what's to come, that's what I want to see. All I see now is nothing I'd be interested in. And nobody should be interested in it. Your demo was horrible.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, you guys need to show some distinction with vapourware like Krai Mira, you need to sent clear signal thta your game is better in every - or at least in some - aspects.

Lexxx20

Learned

You're Russian, right? :) Я контент-модератор на игровом портале ГоХа.ру, мы про ваc тоже новость запилили.

1200 просмотров пока. Если есть время и желание, можно зарегистрироваться у нас и немножко попиарить игру: ответить на вопросы и комменты про проект. Не знаю, приведёт ли вам это новых бэкеров, но попробовать стоит, имхо.

И на РПГ Нюк про вас тоже есть. Продуктивным будет потусить и там в комментариях, т.к. вам важна любая огласка.

Ещё, я попросил ребят из Poetic Studio, с которыми у меня тёплые отношения, сделать shout out на ваш проект в следующем апдейте их игры, Sacred Fire. Они совсем недавно на КС деньги собрали. Надеюсь, не откажут :)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Some criticism of the pitch video:

You need to talk about features of the game. You say that it's inspired by Fallout, and you give a run-down of the development history, but you don't really go into any more detail. How exactly is it inspired by Fallout? What's similar, and what's different? Are there any areas where you're trying to improve upon Fallout? Etc.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Look..

I get the whole "hey dudebros, I know the Golden Boy meme, I'm one of you guys. US GUYS, RIGHT?!?! Let's show those Bethestards!! Let's fund this thing!!" routine.

And I get the whole "look I'M SUCH A WRITER, i can *DESCRIBE MY ACTIONS* in a post" routine, which is cringy, honestly, but ok.

But I asked for a portfolio. Surely your guys should've posted some novellas somewhere, maybe fanfic, whatever. So don't play a shy girl with me. You want my money? Show me your titties as a promise of what's to come, that's what I want to see. All I see now is nothing I'd be interested in. And nobody should be interested in it. Your demo was horrible.

My man, everyone who played the demo would know that I was simply mocking the bizarre way most of our descriptions currently look in the English version, not showing off my rad writing skills! And how dare you try and take my dudebro privileges from me! Why the first game I ever prototyped back in like 2015 was a 2D 1st person tile-based RPG called "Golden Child Chronicles: Infant Regalia". Cleve's honesty and hard work are an inspiration, not a cheap way to pass the Codex' meme-test. As for the novellas, I'm gonna google around. Seeing how productive our writers are, I'm at least gonna send you a Shrek x Shadow fanfic at the end of the day. Come on. Love us. You want to love us. Dudebro... ;)

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

You're Russian, right? :) Я контент-модератор на игровом портале ГоХа.ру, мы про ваc тоже новость запилили.

1200 просмотров пока. Если есть время и желание, можно зарегистрироваться у нас и немножко попиарить игру: ответить на вопросы и комменты про проект. Не знаю, приведёт ли вам это новых бэкеров, но попробовать стоит, имхо.

И на РПГ Нюк про вас тоже есть. Продуктивным будет потусить и там в комментариях, т.к. вам важна любая огласка.

Ещё, я попросил ребят из Poetic Studio, с которыми у меня тёплые отношения, сделать shout out на ваш проект в следующем апдейте их игры, Sacred Fire. Они совсем недавно на КС деньги собрали. Надеюсь, не откажут :)

Two guys speaking Slavic. Just another day on RPG Codex. Дружище! Я так приятно удивлён не был с тех пор как узнал что ГоХа на нас пост накатала. Это очень приятно, что отечественный игрожур не разучился поддерживать новичков. Я обязательно вспомню свой прошлогодний пароль с гохи и забегу - на закате трудовой недели самое время пообщаться с народом. Тем более что многие отзывы на вашем сайте очень приятные и заслуживают личного спасибо от представителя команды)
Аналогично с Нюком. И было бы действительно очень круто, если бы Poetic Studio смогли подсобить. В нашем скромном отряде есть большие ценители!)
Мир!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Some criticism of the pitch video:

You need to talk about features of the game. You say that it's inspired by Fallout, and you give a run-down of the development history, but you don't really go into any more detail. How exactly is it inspired by Fallout? What's similar, and what's different? Are there any areas where you're trying to improve upon Fallout? Etc.

Can't say I disagree. We actually had two trailers in the works - the one that's there right now, and a more in-game related one. Had to put the latter one down like the dog it was, to make the first one complete, though. Video is surprisingly hard! The similarities and differences are actually something we though about a lot on the planning stage, but then sort of forgot to mention them... We're using a NOT-SPECIAL system for our game. And by NOT I mean sort of very similar. It's a great system. I'd live real life using SPECIAL if I could. Sure, there are better systems. But SPECIAL is special, you know... The combat will get much closer to games like JA2 or them new Shadowrun games if we have the time and funds. We like covers a lot. Covers are just... logical, ya know? Can't have a truly tactical battlefield without the ability to use stuff as cover. At least I think so. And if we'd be millionaires, and I was the lead creative director or some jazz like that, we'd have the Numenera battle system. I'm a bit of a fanboy. I know it's actually not that good... But yeah. Also, the locations. We will have two huge cities, but we love little hamlets in the middle of nowhere much more. It may sound silly, but you can actually do more crazy stuff with a tiny village than you can with a city. A city has to be more strict to be at least somewhat realistic. The villages can contain all sorts of crazy shenanigans. Like Modoc. Did I mention I love Modoc? Modoc is like the greatest place for me in all of Fallouts. There will be a lot of Modoc-inspired content in the game before we're done. And ham-fisted references too. Like some NPC named Old Doc Moe. Or Moeduck, the she-beast. I don't know. Can't call all that improving on Fallout. More like - taking the stuff we like in Fallout, and making up the rest on our own. Like the Mushroom Cult of Krasnoznamenny. It's gonna turn out just great!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Why isn't there a front page post about this?
Yeah where is it?

That actually sounds like a great idea. Too bad it's not up to me to make it happen! Sharing that sweet, sweet main page with Obsidian and news about Monte Cook! The man, the genius. Oh boy!

paging Infinitron there's even a demo and someone here to answer questions
Hmm, DarkUnderlord Crooked Bee, give this friendly fellow a dev tag (Atom Team)

Thanks guys! That's very lovely of ya!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh well, backed.
P. S. What character customisation options we got appearance-wise? Can I have a guy looking like Max Stone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom