Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming February 18th

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks! I knew there was some news coming today, but I couldn't remember which game.

Edit:
Me: Oh, there is going to be gameplay from Avowed today!
Wife: <No reaction, continues looking at her phone>
Me: You don't remember what Avowed is, do you?
Wife: <Bursts into laughter> I was just wondering how to react.

Old Hans

Arcane
they better have something amazing to show, cause that old footage looked like a 2012 xbox one release game

Readher

Savant
Game looks like cringe, plastic crap, just like The Outer Worlds. I'll stay with Fall of Avalon, thanks.

Vyvian

Educated
It looks worse than I anticipated.
Nuance and choice means three dialogue options I guess.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It didn't look as janky as I thought it would, but the 21st century Millennial writing is getting even worse.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It looks like biowarish wanabe. 2 companjons. Bunch linked levels. Dialogue.

Combat tries into dark messiah of mm but I messiah still was mo4e fun probably.

Deadpan hit with wooden oar in da face developer delivery matches nuibsidian dialogue accurately

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Game development used to be a group of boomers staying after working hours eating pizza and coding a game for fun.

Now, it's a bored millenial working for the top 3 biggest corp in the world, producing souless shit after years of costly development.

Elthosian

Arcane
I don't expect anything good after The Outer Worlds happened but I couldn't care less about the graphicswhore takes. Gotta wait till release to see if they manage to improve writing at all.

Shaki

Arbiter
Damn, I didn't expect it to feel so bad. I actually laughed when they shot a pistol for the first time, it looks and sounds like a toy - overall combat seems to lack any impact, animations look weird and janky af and whole thing is plastic and gay.

Basically as expected, it's Outer Worlds in POE setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom