Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Does the codex even have white members? Everyone seems to be varying flavors of slav.
Slavs are just White people with too much paprika.

laclongquan

Arcane
So, what are the chances that this game will resolve the story left off in Pillars of Eternity 2?
This time, instead of following a big dude around for no reason, you follow a big black woman around for no reason.
Playing as big black woman is not as bad as it sound. Thicc is not overrated~

The problem is playing as two hands in leather bracers. I dont do two hands~ WTF is this shit?

When you guys hype about Skyrim clone I dont expect this bullshit~

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven't heard about inxile's project, do you have more info on it?
Project leads are Jason Anderson and Chad Moore from Troika, Brother None as the narrative lead, first person RPG allegedly in a steampunk setting, the employees claim to be very happy with how things are going.

Brother None as narrative lead? Lost all interest in this... He was already insuferable while he frequented the codex and wasn't yet working for inxile, afterwards he became a complete douchebag.
I just remember the arrogance he displayed on NMA and here. Most other codex personalities at least came with some sort of trait, as retarded as that trait may be. BN was always just full of shit. As you correctly mention any pretension otherwise completely fell after he got the job at InXile.

Still will take a glance though. Personality doesn't have to correlate with one's body of work after all. Expectations are zero though.
BN had a trait. He was a white supremacist.

Though I understand that this is more of a mundane thing on the codex rather than a distinctive trait.
Does the codex even have white members? Everyone seems to be varying flavors of slav.
Slavs are the saving grace of this forum that prevents it from being filled with utter retards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
is this game fucking dead?
I wanted to say that maybe they're just low-keying it and focusing on development, but then I remember that Obsidian had dev diaries for Grounded every 20 minutes. So I don't know what to think.
It's been through dev hell and it's Too Big to Fail. They'll keep chipping away at it until they get something they can ship; it's hypothetically possible Bioware/CD Projekt Magic will turn into Obsidian Magic.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Microsoft employees failing out of the windows every time Feargus comes in, his ginormous body generating gravitational force and turbulences. Several years or his snack budget being about 3/4th of Microsoft's budgets made him what he became.
or Feargus's gotten so fat that that's he's creating a gravitational pull strong enough that time is slowed in his vicinity.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Microsoft employees failing out of the windows every time Feargus comes in, his ginormous body generating gravitational force and turbulences. Several years or his snack budget being about 3/4th of Microsoft's budgets made him what he became.
or Feargus's gotten so fat that that's he's creating a gravitational pull strong enough that time is slowed in his vicinity.
I've heard he keeps thinking that the game discs are pies, so he keeps eating them.
I heard it from a guy who knows a guy at Obsidian in a dream.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Last week someone on the mostly-dead Obsidian forums noticed Jez the shill had some more Avowed news https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/128398-avowed-development-issues/?do=findComment&comment=2344950

Jez Corden (notable Xbox podcaster) stated in his podcast (link below) that initially Obsidian felt like they needed to reach Bethesda level of features for Avowed (by adding additional stuff like 4-player coop) because they wanted to impress Microsoft. However, they later realized that they're a much smaller studio compared to Bethesda's massive workforce and had to curtail their ambitious plans.

Jez later clarified that Obsidian actually changed the direction of the game's development by focusing only on features that they're familiar with (such as deeper RPG mechanics and branching storylines). They're basically aiming to make Avowed a drastically enhanced version of the Outer Worlds. If you ask me, this seems like a positive direction for the game's development. Fingers crossed...

:lol: Multiplayer out (why was it even in?), open world out. Pie-in-the-sky features wish list, curbed. Gotta ship something.

RepHope

Savant
At this point MS would be impressed just to have a game to ship given how fucking slow they are at getting games out

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Microsoft need to come to terms with the fact that Obsidian are a company that only operates at a pre-pandemic, pre-recession pace. Come to work at noon, have a latte in a meeting, check your twitter, get an afternoon coffee, chat with colleagues and go home to rest for the next day.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
open world out.
Isn't this the only reason anyone gave a shit about Avowed existing to begin with? Because there are so, so few open world first person games in the Bethesda style of gameplay? You get rid of the open world element with Avowed and the game becomes completely (as opposed to just mostly) irrelevant.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
open world out.
Isn't this the only reason anyone gave a shit about Avowed existing to begin with? Because there are so, so few open world first person games in the Bethesda style of gameplay? You get rid of the open world element with Avowed and the game becomes completely irrelevant.
Nah. How many games are like this? We're not exactly drowning in first-person Greedfalls (or other games like Greedfall for that matter, which helped that title become Spiders's biggest success).

Codex Year of the Donut
microsoft needs to come to terms with the fact that gamedevs have to be beaten and emotionally manipulated to get work done or else they will do nothing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom