Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I bet MS regrets spending money on doublefine, inxile and obsidian, none of those have released anything with any lasting impact on the market, and look to be nothing more than the hallmark movies of gamepass
Another waste of resources that could have easily been averted if they had simply asked the Codex.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"they did change up the team and change up the creative directors, but the result was better pace of speed and a better vision. the first vertical slice under this new direction came a lot more quickly. direction of the game changed in a good way imo, which ill talk about some day"

Jez would fail the Say Something Critical about Obsidian Challenge.

"Yeah, so Chris Avellone was right... but he was still wrong!"

I bet MS regrets spending money on doublefine, inxile and obsidian, none of those have released anything with any lasting impact on the market, and look to be nothing more than the hallmark movies of gamepass.

inXile is reportedly in very good shape, the game they're working on just requires a lot of time. Obsidian had a genuine hit with Grounded. Pentiment may be decent gamepass filler. They've just been screwing up royally with Avowed.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
"they did change up the team and change up the creative directors, but the result was better pace of speed and a better vision. the first vertical slice under this new direction came a lot more quickly. direction of the game changed in a good way imo, which ill talk about some day"

Jez would fail the Say Something Critical about Obsidian Challenge.

"Yeah, so Chris Avellone was right... but he was still wrong!"

I bet MS regrets spending money on doublefine, inxile and obsidian, none of those have released anything with any lasting impact on the market, and look to be nothing more than the hallmark movies of gamepass.

inXile is reportedly in very good shape, the game they're working on just requires a lot of time. Obsidian had a genuine hit with Grounded. Pentiment may be decent gamepass filler. They've just been screwing up royally with Avowed.

Your right about Grounded, forgot about it, seems like a sleeper hit. Haven't heard about inxile's project, do you have more info on it?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Haven't heard about inxile's project, do you have more info on it?
Project leads are Jason Anderson and Chad Moore from Troika, Brother None as the narrative lead, first person RPG allegedly in a steampunk setting, the employees claim to be very happy with how things are going.

Brother None as narrative lead? Lost all interest in this... He was already insuferable while he frequented the codex and wasn't yet working for inxile, afterwards he became a complete douchebag.

Wunderbar

Arcane
qKdGUmJ.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They've just been screwing up royally with Avowed.
Can't wade through the thread, any TLDR who was responsible for the screw up and what was the leadership shakeup all about?
I may be getting some times wrong, but back in January 2021 the project was so screwed up that Chris Parker was pulled off as project director and replaced with Carrie Patel, Bobby Null was pulled off as creative lead, and Dan Platt was replaced by Matt Hansen as art director. In April 2021 the lead writer Lucien Soulban quit and was replaced by Kate Dollarhyde. In May 2021 Jorge Salgado quit as lead area designer. In May 2022 Dollarhyde quit and was replaced by Robert Lo.

toiletwino

Literate
Codex Year of the Donut
What a sad comedy of errors.

In the plus column: this thread's humor lifted my spirits enough to move on to the next potential jackpot/letdown.

pickmeister

Learned
What a gayass stupid name.
Should be called Disawoved. Fits even better considering it looks like vaporware with all the team changes.

S.torch

Liturgist
Yes. How do incels call them ?

If I made that separation, it was because it's not true that women like those shitty games, only woke women, but since you're a fucking simp the first thing that came to your mind to say is that.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Project leads are Jason Anderson and Chad Moore from Troika, Brother None as the narrative lead, first person RPG allegedly in a steampunk setting, the employees claim to be very happy with how things are going.

Brother None as narrative lead? Lost all interest in this... He was already insuferable while he frequented the codex and wasn't yet working for inxile, afterwards he became a complete douchebag.
I just remember the arrogance he displayed on NMA and here. Most other codex personalities at least came with some sort of trait, as retarded as that trait may be. BN was always just full of shit. As you correctly mention any pretension otherwise completely fell after he got the job at InXile.

Still will take a glance though. Personality doesn't have to correlate with one's body of work after all. Expectations are zero though.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

I just remember the arrogance he displayed on NMA and here. Most other codex personalities at least came with some sort of trait, as retarded as that trait may be. BN was always just full of shit. As you correctly mention any pretension otherwise completely fell after he got the job at InXile.

Still will take a glance though. Personality doesn't have to correlate with one's body of work after all. Expectations are zero though.
BN had a trait. He was a white supremacist.

Though I understand that this is more of a mundane thing on the codex rather than a distinctive trait.

notpl

Arbiter

BN had a trait. He was a white supremacist.

Though I understand that this is more of a mundane thing on the codex rather than a distinctive trait.
Does the codex even have white members? Everyone seems to be varying flavors of slav.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom