Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming February 18th

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is it a coincidence that "your soul is awakening" 10 minutes before Thaos and his goons perform a ritual to kill off your companions and leave you with Watcher powers?
As I recall, it's your close proximity to Thaos that's causing it.

Bara

Arcane
Okay visual the new trailer looks a little better but hot damn that dialogue not just the voice acting but the writing itself was horrid.

The whining soldier at the end was just terrible. New Vegas is never happening again with these devs.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
VYKaMTj.png

1*0mJk9zDw6JvG6l1WdQXK3w.jpeg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seeing the gameplay reveal only made me more exited about Tainted Grail : The fall of Avalon. And lose the little hope that I had to this game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean, which competent developers do they still have around the studio? Those that are left seem to be working on Grounded.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
no hit reactions
This really struck me too. (No pun intended.) Seems like the player gets attacked a number of times and ... nothing. This thing just swung a weapon at you as hard as it could and you just stand there. No screen shake, no flash of color, just absolutely nothing happens. I guess if the UI was there you would see a little meter go down. The shield blocking doesn't look terrible, but what if you don't use a shield?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Man that new video looks horrible. No hope for this game.
Is it a different team making this or same people who made PoE1 and 2?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
First page of steam discussions tell a story:

View attachment 45757

Hmmm, let's see: game is shit, game is shit, game is shit, lizards, game is shit, game is shit, game is shit, game is shit, game is shit, game is shit, game is shit, hey any romances? I swear one day people will forget about Bioware and all of their games, but some people will consider dating sims elements a core RPG feature until the heat death of the universe.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep, it's clearly been in some kind of development hell. At this point they should have been able to show something more fleshed out.

Elttharion

Learned
I saw plenty of people defending the game by saying its AA and that its better for Obsidian to focus on small scale games instead of spending more than half a decade to develop a truly AAA title. If the game was on dev hell then its a huge fail for Obsidian as any problems are due to pure incompetence.

I wonder what MS will do if (when?) the game flops.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I saw plenty of people defending the game by saying its AA and that its better for Obsidian to focus on small scale games instead of spending more than half a decade to develop a truly AAA title. If the game was on dev hell then its a huge fail for Obsidian as any problems are due to pure incompetence.

Team of 150+ working for six years isn't AA. :lol: The Outer Worlds was AA. This is the full three.

Though one can argue they are handicapped by the Carrie Patel management style of "no mavericks, no martyrs" with a strict 9-5 (or 10-6 since Tim Cain said game devs like to come in to work a bit late) working day. This is what an ethically-sourced big budget game looks like.

The Avowed audience:
2d0

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Yep, it's clearly been in some kind of development hell. At this point they should have been able to show something more fleshed out.
Taking bets on whether or not the upcoming Bloodlines 2 video will look better or worse. :lol:

Avowed has full (if short), uninterrupted clips of gameplay.

VtMB2 has Chat GPT-generated text devblogs.

Yeah, it's going to be a real mystery.

Elttharion

Learned

Team of 150+ working for six years isn't AA. :lol: The Outer Worlds was AA. This is the full three.

Though one can argue they are handicapped by the Carrie Patel management style of "no mavericks, no martyrs" with a strict 9-5 (or 10-6 since Tim Cain said game devs like to come in to work a bit late) working day. This is what an ethically-sourced big budget game looks like.
MS is also terrible at managing their studios, pretty much a match made in heaven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom