Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
especially on the codex. this shithole is full of dildolosses and gobble literally anything.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Larian uploaded a video on their Twitter briefly mentioning hirelings (which I believe was already confirmed anyway)
What's notable about it is that it appears to show some slightly better portraits for them which suggests that characters hopefully won't have the driver's license mug shot portraits in the full game.
SjTW0mr.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Larian uploaded a video on their Twitter briefly mentioning hirelings (which I believe was already confirmed anyway)
What's notable about it is that it appears to show some slightly better portraits for them which suggests that characters hopefully won't have the driver's license mug shot portraits in the full game.
SjTW0mr.png
They look like soulless automatons.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
98% of the talk in JRPG subforum is about Dark Souls or Elden Ring every other game is lucky to get 5 pages, it's all so tiresome.

Wrong. People also talk about Dragon's Dogma, Code Vein and NioH there.

BTW, the new Dragon's Dogma 2 thread has already 21 pages and DD2 was announced very recently. DD has an amazing action combat.

Weebs are giant coomers, we know.

Well, was not a weeb which started to talk about the decline of females in RPG's.

In the past, wRPG's where as coomer as jRPG's. Older RPG's had no problem with brothels and quests in brothels requiring interaction with people there, see Arcanum and DA:O. VtMB had no problem with hookers in miniskirts offering "dates" to you. Nowadays, thanks to the Baizuo ideology, anything which the average straight white male finds attractive is "haram" and must be purged.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One that scores 90+ on metacritic this time

Why do you take game journos seriously? IMO when they criticize a game, is a good signal. Examples, they demanded a easy mode for FS games. Complained about not being able to "kill" a insect swarm with a sword in Kingmaker. The difficulty of UnderRail, the lack of Afro Czechs in Kingdom Come, when they hate a game, 9 out of 10 times the game is good and 1 out of 10 times, the game is bad by reasons not stated by game journos.

And is not because I"m a grognard. Even for very mainstream gamers, their reviews are shit. For example, WoW, the most popular mmo ever. They gave 91 for wotlk and 90 to cataclysm despite most of WoW community agreeing that Cataclysm killed the game and was when WoW started to lose subs and wotlk being the most loved expansion. They are good to represent what the average cuck soyboy in Los Angeles/Seattle wanna to buy for his wife's son. They are awful at reviewing for any other type of audience.

Look to the decadence of game journos :

Here is a game journo review from 90s

Here is a modern game journo review :

Last edited:

gongal

Scholar
All the local marvel bros and trannies are super excited about this new product. Is it really shaping up to be this good?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This will be the GOTY :

-----------------------

BTW, I don't know how you Larian fans can play so much a game which has only one act. My time spent in some D&D games :
27h7h5b.png

bAPDwOD.png

UAM1dGe.png

I think that I will gonna play BG3 a bit but not as much other D&D games. BTW, Is DDO the unique D&D vydia set in Eberron?

Rhobar121

Scholar
Rogue Trader will only be GOTY if it's the only game released that year.
If a Rogue Trader comes out this year, it'll be more buggy than WoR. I bet there will be a bunch of morons who will buy it at premiere and continue to let Owlcat release games in a shitty state.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom