Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

J1M

Arcane
If they're trying to focus on the sex appeal, they really should add attractive characters.

What is it with RPGs and ugly NPCs? I can't think of a single AA/AAA RPG within the last decade that had a conventionally attractive cast.
The crowd of people that don't regularly play games (women, the artists working on this, etc) easily confuse resolution/fidelity of graphics with attractiveness of graphics.

Larianshill

Arbiter
If they're trying to focus on the sex appeal, they really should add attractive characters.

What is it with RPGs and ugly NPCs? I can't think of a single AA/AAA RPG within the last decade that had a conventionally attractive cast.

If you don't find Shadowheart and Kagha attractive, you are hopeless. The game even breaks new ground by allowing you to design your dwarf gf.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Kagha

I suppose if you're into elves who look like angry schoolteachers from the 1930s, maybe there is some appeal there.

My "freak in the sheets" radar is going off like crazy.

1684476755161.png

I was just watching the last WolfheartFPS (youtuber guy) video about quality of life improvements he would like to see in the game.
When it came the part where he addressed (again) the chain system I realized that it’s kind of sad how even people like him, that are almost terminally afraid to voice any strong criticism of the game, have been brought to the state of BARGAIN where they have to negotiate a way out:

“I’m not to say the chain system should go away entirely, b-but maybe PLEASE do something of any kind to make it a little bit less shit, if you can be bothered”.

Yeah, these are definitely all the hallmarks of a control scheme well designed and enjoyable to use.
And we are still here pretending that moving back to a more traditional "click and drag" as a selection system would be something highly controversial.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Kagha

I suppose if you're into elves who look like angry schoolteachers from the 1930s, maybe there is some appeal there.

My "freak in the sheets" radar is going off like crazy.

View attachment 36390
That's basically Meredith Stout, the BDSM romance option from Cyberpunk 77 :lol:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Only from baizuo countries. Elden Ring for eg has many. Same for souls series. Melina, Roderika, Rya, and many others.

The woke virus is a mutation of the red virus and destroys everything it touches.

he asked about RPG

Also, now that cdpr has Baizuo esg score, the chances of seeing another woman like Triss are close to zero.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Only from baizuo countries. Elden Ring for eg has many. Same for souls series. Melina, Roderika, Rya, and many others.
Maiden%203.png
selen-vinland.png

anastacia-of-astora.jpg
rhea-of-thorolund.jpg
gwynevere-princess-of-sunlight.jpg

AdfoQNn.png
gaXh1YI.png
WLFGqYU.jpg

plain-doll.png

the-fire-keeper.jpg
Sirris.jpg

ranni-the-witch-npc-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg
irina_npcs_elden_ring_wiki_guide.jpg

woman_with_a_red_hood_npc_elden_ring_wiki_guide_300px.jpg
npc_elden_ring_wiki_guide_300px.jpg
fia-npc-elden-ring-wiki-300px2-min.jpeg
nepheli-loux-npc-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg
millicent-npc-elden-ring-wiki-300px-min-min-min.jpeg

Demon's Souls: The Maiden in Black, Selen Vinland
Dark Souls: Anastacia of Astora, Rhea of Thorolund, Gwynevere
Dark Souls 2: Emerald Herald, Milfanito, Housekeeper Milibeth
Bloodborne: The Plain Doll
Dark Souls 3: Fire Keeper, Sirris of the Sunless Realms
Elden Ring: Ranni, Irina, Roderika, Melina, Fia, Nepheli Loux, Millicent

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's kind of cool that Rhea is the only one that you can actually see in her "gone hollow" form, despite the fact that she is the NPC that starts with the most humanity.

Ulysa

Scholar

Eder or whatever was his name was sexy in PoE. :dealwithit:

Oh wait we talking about chicks are we? Nvm. Guess it sucks for you guys.
But remember the only romanceable guy in BG2 was Anomen. So. You kinda deserve this.

Modron

Arcane
when was last time you visited bg3 or wahamma thread?
jrpg subforum is probably the only place on codex left where people still talk about actual games.
98% of the talk in JRPG subforum is about Dark Souls or Elden Ring every other game is lucky to get 5 pages, it's all so tiresome.

Reinhardt

Arcane
when was last time you visited bg3 or wahamma thread?
jrpg subforum is probably the only place on codex left where people still talk about actual games.
98% of the talk in JRPG subforum is about Dark Souls or Elden Ring every other game is lucky to get 5 pages, it's all so tiresome.
still better than thousands of "your favorite most attractive color of shit" polls

Harthwain

Magister
Not surprised. Popular games are popular, even on the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom