Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
RT doesnt allow you to play a dwarf apparently so fuck them backstabbers.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Guys GOTY is already going to be Tears of the Kingdom. Second place GOTY is probably going to be a 3 way battle between BG3, Hogwarts Legacy and FFXVI. I am assuming Starfield wouldn't be release this year (and will be ass when it is released).

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Guys GOTY is already going to be Tears of the Kingdom. Second place GOTY is probably going to be a 3 way battle between BG3, Hogwarts Legacy and FFXVI. I am assuming Starfield wouldn't be release this year (and will be ass when it is released).
The dorito pope already promised to give me the GOTY award.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
r, it'll be more buggy than WoR.

I don't think so, PF:WoTR had thousands of abilities. Even if every single ability from Dark Heresy tabletop game is "translated" into the game, would't be a tiny fraction of WoTR abilities. Games with tons of abilities tends to come with lots of bugs. Some times, game breaking bugs. The most iconic example is DDO Frost/Carceri storm warlock come with a huge bug which made some DoT's permanent. So I could just cast it in a boss, open a dimensional door, move to the dungeon entrance and alt + tab till the DoT kills the boss. This ludicrous bug got fixed but there are still some typos from back 2006.

Hogwarts Legacy

HL maybe wins in Codex. But in the game award GotY, no chances cuz JKR commuted heresy against the Baizuo religion. She only agrees with 99,9999% of Baizuo religion. BG3 in other hands doesn't triggered the Baizuo inquisition. Larian has Astarion and pronouns in character sheet hence Baizuo's would't hate Larian. Mainly considering that WoTC is extreme woke.

The unique mainstream AAA RPG which I'm hyped for this year is Elden Ring DLC but imo the most likely game to win the game awards if is a RPG is BG3.

Vityaz

Augur
I live under a fucking rock and realized just today that Jaheira and Minsc are back, after finally watching the latest trailers :lol:

I would understand having Minsc back, but why her tho?

Also any idea what happened to Jaheira's original VA Heidi Shannon? She did a lot of gaming stuff (Jedi Knight, Red Alert, BG etc.), before vanishing off the face of earth around 2001.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Rogue Trader won't be launching in 2023.
bullshit-final-fantasy.gif

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Also any idea what happened to Jaheira's original VA Heidi Shannon? She did a lot of gaming stuff (Jedi Knight, Red Alert, BG etc.), before vanishing off the face of earth around 2001.
Who knows? Maybe she became a trad wife, with family and kids and all.
Really, her IMDB profile is not very telling. Maybe she turned towards other pursuits.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guys GOTY is already going to be Tears of the Kingdom.
That would be the correct choice at this current juncture in time. I have a feeling that Codex will not allow it though, simply because Elden Ring won the last one. They wont stand for two jRPGs winning it two years in a row. My prediction is there will be a large pre-emptive backlash and the game will get disqualified from competing, on some sort of technical grounds like "it was never officially released on PC" or "it's not really a RPG". That is what will happen, and then either Baldur's Gate 3, Hogwarts Legacy, or possibly even Diablo 4 will win by default. Basically the 2020 presidential election all over again.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
They're not JRPGs. They are Western-style games made in Japan.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
They're not JRPGs. They are Western-style games made in Japan.
Elden Ring is western style. Zelda is not western style lol. It is very Japanime.
I don't want to derail thread too much but the newer Zelda games are heavily inspired by Western games. Other than the superficial aspects like character design, they have more in common with Western games than JRPGs.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My prediction is there will be a large pre-emptive backlash and the game will get disqualified from competing, on some sort of technical grounds like "it was never officially released on PC"

Not will, already has been. The Codex GOTY ranking has always been for PC games only.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Colony Ship is scheduled to release this year. Do you clowns really expect Codex to not pick it as Goty?
colony ship is fun and a good game, and I honestly wish iron tower guys all the best and a long, long, career, but nobody with any brain could claim that colony ship is a better rpg than bg3

sven simply spent too much money on it, it is strictly a better game in every aspect single aspect from narrative, to combat, to reactivity, let alone stuff like visuals and polish

Gargaune

Arcane
You're fooling yourself if you believe Baldur's Gate 3 is not Codex's 2023 GotY.
Only because Codexers will do anything to hide how much they'll play and enjoy Todd's new masterpiece. But in the privacy of their own basements, they'll all be like "Shut the fuck up, Shadowheart, can't you see another colony needs my help?!"

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You're fooling yourself if you believe Baldur's Gate 3 is not Codex's 2023 GotY.
Only because Codexers will do anything to hide how much they'll play and enjoy Todd's new masterpiece. But in the privacy of their own basements, they'll all be like "Shut the fuck up, Shadowheart, can't you see another colony needs my help?!"

Starfield will be an amazing space sex simulator a few months after launch once the modders polish up their work.

But wait you say, there's guns and quests and factions and other game stuff!

1685555968161.png

I already played Skyrim.

:troll:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Colony will not be GOTY. It's a toss up between Starfield and Baldur's Gate III. There are too few codexers that give a crap about Colony Ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom