Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Also it’s much more satisfying overcoming bad stat distribution than just starting every character with optimised stats.
thanks for your opinion dawg :salute:
Ok? Your take on freedom is also an opinion. What even is your retarded point?
i jut think that instead of getting up in the morning to cry online about video games, maybe you should suck a black cock about it instead. :lol:
You are also here in the morning to respond. These takes never work when you engage in the shit too retard.
except i don't, because i'm not crying like a bitch over people wanting to do stuff i disapprove of. that would be you :smug:

Saravan

Savant
Also it’s much more satisfying overcoming bad stat distribution than just starting every character with optimised stats.
i jut think that instead of getting up in the morning to cry online about video games, maybe you should suck a black cock about it instead. :lol:
You are also here in the morning to respond. These takes never work when you engage in the shit too retard.
except i don't, because i'm not crying like a bitch over people wanting to do stuff i disapprove of. that would be you :smug:
Just engaging in the discussion, at least more productive than you trying to act like budget Fedora.

Just engaging in the discussion, at least more productive than you trying to act like budget Fedora.
you're not discussing anything, you're just seething and throwing insults around.

Saravan

Savant
you're not discussing anything, you're just seething and throwing insults around.
Put forth a point of your own than obsessing over mine with these worthless posts.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What’s your plan? To immerse yourself in bear fuckery?
As I've described it before, to play one coop multiplayer campaign with some colleagues, and one couch coop campaign with my wife. Both campaigns will be goofing about on normal difficulty.

I've retired from "single-player-RPG-esports" at this stage in life. I leave that to the young bucks.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Everyone is autistic about rule changes, builds and whatnot because they presumably are looking for fun combat. Or are all your previous posts in this thread about Larian barrelmancy a talking point about how the story will play out?
I have posts about barrelmancy? Or you mean this figuratively?

Put forth a point of your own than obsessing over mine with these worthless posts.
like i said you're just sperging and it's all for nothing. try to keep up.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
GREGORY
I will frown as I pass by, and let them take it as they list.

SAMPSON
Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at them, which is a disgrace to them, if they bear it. (bites his thumb)

ABRAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON
I do bite my thumb, sir.

ABRAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I enjoy my challenge. That’s why I deliberately plan out quirky, off-kilter builds that I like to play when I change companion classes in any game. Just look at my Wrathfinder Unfair builds which is missing most of the meta abilities I’d have access to if I just kept the companions vanilla.

However do I give a fuck if someone else isn’t interested in that? No, because I can’t force everyone to play on SCS or uninstall, which, while unfortunate, fortunately doesn’t affect my own playthrough in the slightest

Saravan

Savant
Everyone is autistic about rule changes, builds and whatnot because they presumably are looking for fun combat. Or are all your previous posts in this thread about Larian barrelmancy a talking point about how the story will play out?
My point is you obviously care about combat design enough to repeatedly criticise the overuse of barrelmancy for example in previous games. So to then go ‘lol you looking for tactical combat in BG3’ as an argument for why you shouldn’t deal with restrictions such as subpar stat distributions or not being able to fully respec makes no sense, it’s within the same theme.

Cooldowns > Resting. Prove me wrong.
maybe, resting seems like a pretty shit mechanic. but i'm not sure cooldowns would be much better, imagine having to go afk for 15 minutes to get your spell back or enter a fight where you auto attack just to exhaust some kind of forced in-fight only cooldown system. neither solution seems all that great. iirc dos2 had charged spells you were only able to recharge when you found divine fonts, and that was pretty lackluster as well

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Just look at my Wrathfinder Unfair build
1690443986880.png

Saravan

Savant
I enjoy my challenge. That’s why I deliberately plan out quirky, off-kilter builds that I like to play when I change companion classes in any game. Just look at my Wrathfinder Unfair builds which is missing most of the meta abilities I’d have access to if I just kept the companions vanilla.

However do I give a fuck if someone else isn’t interested in that? No, because I can’t force everyone to play on SCS or uninstall, which, while unfortunate, fortunately doesn’t affect my own playthrough in the slightest
The difference is that removing the companion restrictions is a mod choice in KM/WotR. Anyone who wants to fuck with that can just install the respec mod. For everyone else the combat is balanced around the restrictions.

AwesomeButton

Patron
My point is you obviously care about combat design enough to repeatedly criticise the overuse of barrelmancy for example in previous games. So to then go ‘lol you looking for tactical combat in BG3’ as an argument for why you shouldn’t deal with restrictions such as subpar stat distributions or not being able to fully respec makes no sense, it’s within the same theme.
I don't remember specifically barrels, but maybe you're right. Check the date stamp on those posts, and maybe that was years ago when my opinon was different. Also, experience with Larian should mean I know what to expect now, great encounter design doesn't feature among my expectations. Although when I first pirated the EA soon after it was released, the combat didn't strike me as annoying on par with D:OS2.

There is no problem to look for tactical combat in BG3 if you want to. As I told you, it's highly unlikely the game will be balanced around the possibility for full respec of companions. It will hardly be balanced around various party compositions with vanilla companions either.

And even if it was balanced around full respec of companions, wouldn't that make it more challenging, not less? I don't understand your point.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

The difference is that removing the companion restrictions is a mod choice in KM/WotR. Anyone who wants to fuck with that can just install the respec mod. For everyone else the combat is balanced around the restrictions.

Aw, look at you moving the goalposts. I thought this was about you caring deeply about someone else reducing the difficulty of their game? That makes it hard to ignore someone using the option to make the game *more* difficult, now, doesn’t it?

Also, your whole argument was that Larian had balanced the game around the default companion builds. Now you’re saying the option not being mod enforced (never mind that Larian did us the solid of not breaking the game with respec mods that are always buggy as fuck) somehow means Larian did not balance around default companions… make up your mind?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
great encounter design doesn't feature among my expectations

Tangent here, but I don’t really understand that perspective. Great encounter design in Act 1 outside of a few barrelmancy meme fights was more or less the only reason I enjoyed DOS1

Saravan

Savant

Aw, look at you moving the goalposts. I thought this was about you caring deeply about someone else reducing the difficulty of their game?

Also, your whole argument was that Larian had balanced the game around the default companion builds. Now you’re saying the option not being mod enforced (never mind that Larian did us the solid of not breaking the game with respec mods that are always buggy as fuck) somehow means Larian did not balance around default companions… make up your mind?
What? I’m saying the difficulty in those games are balanced around the restrictions because it’s a moddable option unlike in BG3 it’s baked into the game and thus very likely balanced on that possibility. Huge difference, that yes affects all players precisely because it’s not an moddable option.

Aw, look at you moving the goalposts. I thought this was about you caring deeply about someone else reducing the difficulty of their game? That makes it hard to ignore someone using the option to make the game *more* difficult, now, doesn’t it?

Chad Swen gave us the mirror in DoS2 as well. truly a studio for the gamers, by the gamers. :positive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom