Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Herumor

Scholar

I wonder what kind of interaction would this character have when facing a PC who's either Dark Urge or a Cleric of Bhaal, or both at the same time.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
If
player.race = "tiefling"
insert
VO_rea_tief245.ogg

Wow such reactivity
If
player.class == "cleric" && player.deity = "Helm"
print.dialogue("Howdy, my fellow Helm worshipper who also worships Helm like us priests here at the temple of Helm!")

... and yet Baldur's Gate didn't have it. No animation, no voice acting, just printing a fucking dialogue line. 2 minutes of work, unironically. 20 if you want a bigger writeup someone has to check.
Hey i know this is syntax of some sort. Pls Larian hire me i am a starving, unemployed programmer.
What do you know about necrophilia?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
zhxly23vzheb1.png

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1684554300352000000

Like I said BG3 will hit 15 million copies sold EASILY!

jungl

Augur
its going be interesting when the hype train dies down. End of this day this could just be divinity original sin 2 with 100 hours of cinematic dialogue where people will review that it dragged on too long. 5e combat and progression is pretty boring.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
its going be interesting when the hype train dies down. End of this day this could just be divinity original sin 2 with 100 hours of cinematic dialogue where people will review that it dragged on too long. 5e combat and progression is pretty boring.
Forgotten in 4 months because 90% of people won't finish it. The rest moves on and this thread turns into Autism Central like the Wrath thread.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey Swen, is it too late for a refund?

If it is, at least give me option to kill off these companions, and go full merc team.
There is likely zero chance for merc team. You'd get flawed companions, or no companions. It actually makes sense. Why would you want easy mode with overly optimized combat capable companions?

Joyvankek

Learned
zhxly23vzheb1.png

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1684554300352000000

Like I said BG3 will hit 15 million copies sold EASILY!

Look at how creepy his twitter header is... is he the one that approved the bearsex? I bet he is. Furries are truly disgusting.

1080x360
Aren't furries and zoophiles a different types of degeneracy?
I know that often furries are also zoophiles. Then again we talking about people who like to wear diapers and are faggots in vast majority. So I guess it does make sense.

Swen are you a furry or/and a zoophile? Is that why you put this in the game?
Or are you something of other more exotic deviancies? If so, then share that with Codex.
Trust me, whatever is the case, I doubt it can make you look even worse than you already are.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Forgotten in 4 months because 90% of people won't finish it. The rest moves on and this thread turns into Autism Central like the Wrath thread.
Hey, I only interrupted my gameplay of WotR. I think I'd try to return to it if my savegame would be compatible. Then again I can just watch how normal girl is playing normal mode, and commenting stuff.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Just had a morale failure while tanking? Bro you've got 80% damage reduction just calm down.

Anyway might as well ask the big brains I've got 2 pips in Flail 2 in Scimitar and 3 in Two weapon what should I go for after? Bastard sword -Foebane ? Or Katana - Celestial fury? or something else?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way, Larian makes a PSA underneath that tweet with the map, telling everyone that the EA saves will NOT work for the full version - as one would expect.

One would think that were obvious, but... just putting it out there for that 1 moron that might think he's special.

Incendax

Augur
There is likely zero chance for merc team. You'd get flawed companions, or no companions. It actually makes sense. Why would you want easy mode with overly optimized combat capable companions?
Merc team is already confirmed. There are 12 of them, with their own name and portrait. One for each class. Plus you can always respec.

Not sure why they made 12. Maybe for permanent death challenges or people who hate respec.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Merc team is already confirmed. There are 12 of them, with their own name and portrait. One for each class. Plus you can always respec.

Not sure why they made 12. Maybe for permanent death challenges or people who hate respec.
WTF why they hate proper consistent story? With few companions, they could get a decent story. But with random mercs, why would random mercs care about characters?

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Didn't Githyanki have cloackas, since they lay eggs?
This chick is proud to tell the PC she hatched from an egg. Considering they used to be human, maybe instead of cloacas, they have some magical astral system. Call this wishful thinking, but I have a feeling her arc will cause her to become disillusioned with Githyanki society and her queen. Then at her lowest moment, she'll realize she needs the support of a dominant male as she learns to embrace her femininity and let go of control.

Incendax

Augur
WTF why they hate proper consistent story? With few companions, they could get a decent story. But with random mercs, why would random mercs care about characters?
I doubt the mercs even have lines beside their introductions and some battle shouts. I think they are just going to be empty shells.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom