Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Late Bloomer

Scholar

Baldur's Gate 3 romantic scenes used intimacy coordinators

Larian believes it's one of the first studios do so.

https://www.eurogamer.net/baldurs-gate-3-romantic-scenes-used-intimacy-coordinators

Baldur's Gate 3 developer Larian hired intimacy coordinators to ensure its actors felt safe and comfortable during romantic scenes.

Jennifer English - who plays half-elf cleric Shadowheart said,
It just shows you how crazy in the best possible way this game is," she said, reflecting on the bear scene.

If you pay for this, you are paying to normalize behaviour like this, which includes zoophilia.

Here is a picture used in the article to promote homsexuality and "intimacy coordinators"
intimacy-BG3.jpg

Shrimp

Liturgist
Josh Sawyer gives you more advice on how to play Baldur's Gate 3:

You know if the developer didn't want you to save scum, they would've made the game run on an iron mode save system.

Or alternatively they would've presented you with ample opportunities to turn failures into separate adventures rather than hard roadblocks.
I hope I will live to see the day where RPG developers don't hide behind cowardly crutches like quicksaves/reloads to avoid implementing actual branching paths in video games.

Barbarian

Arcane
That pretty much confirms that the 3 initial "bad guys" are avatars for Myrkul, Bane and Bhaal(with bhaal being this Orin chick).

Confused about what that means for "Dark Urge".

Zeriel

Arcane
https://www.ign.com/articles/baldur...sin-sequel-but-not-before-a-well-earned-break

Baldur’s Gate 3 Developer Larian Will ‘Definitely’ Make a Divinity: Original Sin Sequel, but Not Before a Well-Earned Break​

Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of the most-anticipated role-playing video games of 2023, but fans of developer Larian’s previous, much-loved Divinity: Original Sin series are wondering whether its story will ever be continued. The answer: a Divinity: Original Sin sequel is a definite, although don’t hold your breath for an announcement.

In an interview with IGN, Larian boss Swen Vincke confirmed the studio will return to the world of Divinity: Original Sin and continue its story, but not before staff have taken a well-earned break following the launch of Baldur’s Gate 3 next month.

“It's [Divinity: Original Sin] our own universe we built, so we're definitely gonna get back there at some point,” Vincke said. “We will get back there at some point. We'll first finish this one [Baldur's Gate 3] now, and then take a break, because we will need to refresh ourselves creatively also. You’re seeing 400 developers putting their heart and souls into this. You’re getting the best of them and their craft into this game. And so I can tell you, it's quite a thing.”

Belgian studio Larian kicked off its Divinity role-playing series in 2002 with Divine Divinity. Beyond Divinity followed in 2004, before Divinity 2 launched in 2009. Divinity: Original Sin came out in 2014, but it was 2017’s Divinity: Original Sin 2 that propelled Larian into the bigtime, with millions in sales and universal critical acclaim. Ports and a Definitive Edition followed, with thousands still playing years later.

Baldur’s Gate 3, which Larian has developed under licence from Dungeons & Dragons owner Wizards of the Coast, launches in August 2023 six years after Divinity: Original Sin 2 came out. If Larian moves on to Divinity: Original Sin 3 next, it may well be years before we see or hear anything about it, let alone play it.

Larian announced it had brought the release date of the PC version of Baldur’s Gate 3 forward a month, from August 31 to August 3, in order to avoid a clash with the likes of Bethesda’s upcoming behemoth Starfield in early September. The PlayStation 5 version, meanwhile, is delayed slightly to September 6, and the Xbox Series X and S versions are without a release window (more on Baldur’s Gate 3’s Xbox hold-up here).

Speaking to IGN, Vincke said the developer is seeing a standard playthrough of Baldur’s Gate 3 take 75 to 100 hours. However, players who want to “do everything” should expect to double that figure.

I was wondering if WOTC would push Larian to break their streak of not really releasing DLC/expansions, but it seems like Swen's more interested in working on another Divinity game in the years following BG3's launch.

I'd rather get a Ego Draconis sequel than a DOS sequel at this point tbh.

Incendax

Augur
That pretty much confirms that the 3 initial "bad guys" are avatars for Myrkul, Bane and Bhaal(with bhaal being this Orin chick).
I think you're on the money, though Orin doesn't have to be a Bhaalspawn, just a total zealot. I mean, look at Melissan.

Aphex81

Scholar
If
player.race = "tiefling"
insert
VO_rea_tief245.ogg

Wow such reactivity
If
player.class == "cleric" && player.deity = "Helm"
print.dialogue("Howdy, my fellow Helm worshipper who also worships Helm like us priests here at the temple of Helm!")

... and yet Baldur's Gate didn't have it. No animation, no voice acting, just printing a fucking dialogue line. 2 minutes of work, unironically. 20 if you want a bigger writeup someone has to check.
Hey i know this is syntax of some sort. Pls Larian hire me i am a starving, unemployed programmer.
What do you know about necrophilia?
I played a Necromancer in D2

Barbarian

Arcane
So playstation interface is clean and nice as opposed to the convoluted ugly mess on the pc.

This is an old trailer but someone noticed it:

Barbarian

Arcane
ITT, Swen confirmed the return of Sarevok on some polish magazine:

What do you think was the hardest thing to grasp after all these years?

Let's call it a sequel, although I would say it's more of a continuation of the world. Yes, it's a continuation of the world, not a direct sequel. So the world is influenced by what happened in BG1 and 2, so you will see more than you expect, you will see the dramatic consequences of all the things that happened (especially with Sarevok). I think it's capturing the feeling of adventure and connection with the characters, known from the previous games, that was the most difficult for us, and also the most important.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Well Sarevok could still be alive? Unless they put more faggotry in I just saw what they did in the Comics to Coran lol.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Just sayin'. I'll send you that steamcode right now old man :love:
I appreciate the offer but I won't have time to play anything in the next 4-5 months.

So you're saying there's a chance.

I can guarantee you that the vast majority of RPG devs even remotely competent at their jobs will at least download this game.

It's the biggest cRPG released in years in terms of $$$. Regardless of your opinion on the game's quality, you'd want to at least check it out.

Herumor

Scholar
Well Sarevok could still be alive? Unless they put more faggotry in I just saw what they did in the Comics to Coran lol.
I remember reading somewhere - in this very thread in fact - about how Sarevok ended up good after the events of ToB, but then found it a hollow existence, became a homeless alcoholic or junkie or both and then Bhaal found him in the streets and gave him new purpose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom