Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shaki

Arbiter
I mean, I'm a Larian hater and think their games are decline, but still, just the fact that they have turn based, stat based combat, rather than being first person shooters, already makes them better RPGs than nuFallouts.
Sponge-based combat, more like. It doesn't matter whether your combat is turn based or not if rather than being fun, it slowly kills you through a metric ton of tedium and boredom.
Yeah, but nuFallout combat is even more boring. Overall both suck.

I dont care about muh writing, romances, reactivity, night&day cycles etc. I just want good combat and party management, some dungeons to crawl, monsters to kill and magic items to find. Am I asking for too much? :negative:

Shaki

Arbiter
I just want good combat and party management, some dungeons to crawl, monsters to kill and magic items to find. Am I asking for too much? :negative:
The game has these things as is.
Ok, but when I have to sit through 74 hours of cinematic bear sex, gay sex, bdsm, shit eating and feet licking, to get to my dungeon crawling, it's kinda a problem, you know?

Also you missed the part where I asked for good combat

Drakortha

Liturgist
Even Oblivion is more dynamic and reactive than BG3.

What kind of reactivity do you get in BG3? Stacking boxes and shooting flammable oil puddles with a fire spell? Fucking retarded game.
You are delusional and retarded. You belong in a padded room.
Yeah, Swen didn't spend 10 minutes stacking boxes and shooting oil puddles during the first ever gameplay reveal of BG3. Didn't happen, I'm totally deluded. BG3 doesn't have terrible cinematic dialogue, either. Nope, I'm totally imagining things.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Even Oblivion is more dynamic and reactive than BG3.

What kind of reactivity do you get in BG3? Stacking boxes and shooting flammable oil puddles with a fire spell? Fucking retarded game.
You are delusional and retarded. You belong in a padded room.
Every post he makes, it becomes more and more obvious that he wishes the game were like Oblivion, and this is his main gripe.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, Swen didn't spend 10 minutes stacking boxes and shooting oil puddles during the first ever gameplay reveal of BG3. Didn't happen, I'm totally deluded. BG3 doesn't have terrible cinematic dialogue, either. Nope, I'm totally imagining things.
I've heard that sort of stuff in particular has been reduced heavily from combat during early access.
As for the terrible cinematic dialog, that's probably still there.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I can guarantee you that the vast majority of RPG devs even remotely competent at their jobs will at least download this game.

It's the biggest cRPG released in years in terms of $$$. Regardless of your opinion on the game's quality, you'd want to at least check it out.
It's kinda like saying if you want to make (indie) movies you absolutely must watch the Marvel movies to learn from the best. Look at Black Geyser; the crew really wanted to make an indie BG but without the BG budget, DnD license, and media frenzy it sold fuck all. Playing BG3 won't help them make a more successful game.

Takamori

Learned
RENT FREE

afbeelding.png

However I didn't find the minmax video that salty. It was more like him lolwutting at a journalist who wrote some dumb shit
May well be so, depends on context, but in the proper context he sounds hilarious.

Notice the "when I'm the designer you are my enemy" (wink-wink, I'm not saying I'm serious, but I'm not saying I'm joking).
But when he is the player, what does that make Swen to him? :lol:

hey're definitely reading the Codex. XD
Everybody reads the Codex.
Are we some sort of weird ant farm for RPG developers? Thought people would avoid this place given how colorful we are sometimes.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I've heard that sort of stuff in particular has been reduced heavily from combat during early access.
It's still not good enough for me. All faith I could have had for this game died the moment that first gameplay reveal came about. Larian are a shit developer who can't do something different to save their life. Even the dice rolls in BG3 are functionally the same as the rock/paper/scissors game in Original Sin.

They can't and won't innovate at all, everything is a reskin. That is why this game is in fact Original Sin 3 and is not Baldur's Gate 3, in my eyes. The same reason Fallout 3 is not Fallout 3.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Every post he makes, it becomes more and more obvious that he wishes the game were like Oblivion, and this is his main gripe.
And with every post I make you can't come up with a decent retort, it's either rating spam or retarded takes like "huueum he wants it to be Oblivion/Sims 2". You Larian fags are pathetic when it comes to defending your favorite game. Probably because there's nothing actually good there to defend. Yet there's no end in sight for how shit BG3 is.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I can guarantee you that the vast majority of RPG devs even remotely competent at their jobs will at least download this game.

It's the biggest cRPG released in years in terms of $$$. Regardless of your opinion on the game's quality, you'd want to at least check it out.
It's kinda like saying if you want to make (indie) movies you absolutely must watch the Marvel movies to learn from the best. Look at Black Geyser; the crew really wanted to make an indie BG but without the BG budget, DnD license, and media frenzy it sold fuck all. Playing BG3 won't help them make a more successful game.

But cRPGs comprise a tiny niche. There's only handful of mid-size players, and practically no other big boys now that BioWare and Betheseda have fucked off. There's absolutely nothing to lose from scouting out the competition other than a few hours of your time.

A more accurate analogy is if you make movies specifically regarding the crusades, and not wanting to watch Kingdom of Heaven. It's a big budget giant that will redefine the genre. There's a lot to learn from its successes as much as its failures.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
New Vegas will forever be an infinitely better RPG than this faggot shit BG3. It was better than Original Sin 1 and Original Sin 2 and it will still be better than this shit game that can't even implement day / night cycles.

Literally a single player MMO at this point with NPC's standing around doing fuck all until you show up. A static gameworld in a single player 2023 RPG is a fucking joke. And you've got to be kidding me with those dialogue cutscenes, they are so fucking shit it's like you're playing dragon age 2 again.

But you faggots praise BG3 because there's nothing else for you play. And by shitting on Sawyer, who had a hand in creating New Vegas, is just the ultimate butthurt from the Larian fags.

People remember New Vegas for being a diamond in the rough. It is a beloved title because it came about during an era where we got shit like Dragon Age 2, which is exactly the kind of RPG Larian is bringing back with BG3. What will BG3 be remembered for? Catering to Bioware faggots? This game is regressive, cancerous SHIT!
New Vegas was completely broken at release, ran like shit, crashed constantly, still crashes even after dozens of mods and community patches, and has an entire faction that was left half finished by obsidian.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, no more environmental win buttons.
And with every post I make you can't come up with a decent retort, it's either rating spam or retarded takes like "huueum he wants it to be Oblivion/Sims 2".
Because you do. You've said it multiple times that you think The Sims 2 and Oblivion are better than most modern RPGs and that BG3 should be more like them.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

The main thing that stopped me from purchasing it was the negative Steam reviews from users, not a lack of D&D, a media blitz or a AAA budget.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Because you do. You've said it multiple times that you think The Sims 2 and Oblivion are better than most modern RPGs and that BG3 should be more like them.
Here we go again with this BULLSHIT.

I said multiple times that they both had better AI, which is the TRUTH. Because AI in BG3 is nonexistent! The NPC's stand around all day waiting for you to activate them or start combat. It's static like MORROWIND.

LIFE BY YOU has a fully dynamic open world with NPC's that sleep in their own houses, eat food, get in their cars and go out to the park or go shopping, go to their jobs, and all of this is done with modern day hardware. Yet we have Larian fags in this thread saying that BG3 can't do it because our current computer hardware can't cope with it. It baffles the mind how clueless they are.

Why did RPG's like Oblivion and Fable go one step forward with this kind of stuff, but then we went backwards again? I'll tell you why; it's because faggots like you ACCEPT IT.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But cRPGs comprise a tiny niche. There's only handful of mid-size players, and practically no other big boys now that BioWare and Betheseda have fucked off. There's absolutely nothing to lose from scouting out the competition other than a few hours of your time.
Yeah, I think most indie games were emulating larger projects. What matters is the quality of the product they're delivering and if it's worth their asking price.

I still refuse to buy Rimworld's expansion packs and they've been out for years. Why would I want to pay $60 for some addons to an already $30 game with bad graphics and no story, when I can just download mods?

The only reason it succeeds is because so few games do what it does.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I said multiple times that they both had better AI, which is the TRUTH. Because AI in BG3 is nonexistent! The NPC's stand around all day waiting for you to activate them or start combat. It's static like MORROWIND.
*Like Baldur's Gate 1&2, you mean. Almost every NPC had no schedule. They just removed the filler NPCs from the streets at night.

LIFE BY YOU has a fully dynamic open world with NPC's that sleep in their own houses, eat food
Then play it.
Why did RPG's like Oblivion and Fable go one step forward with this kind of stuff, but then we went backwards again? I'll tell you why; it's because faggots like you ACCEPT IT.
We want BG3, not Oblivion 3. Get over it and get a life.

Drakortha

Liturgist
*Like Baldur's Gate 1&2, you mean. Almost every NPC had no schedule. They just removed the filler NPCs from the streets at night.

In 1998. And Baldur's Gate 3 can't even do as little as that.

The developers over at Larian are so fucking lazy and stuck in their familiar development pipelines they've been used to for nearly 10 years that they cannot fathom doing anything different and actually setting a new standard for RPGs. They'd rather use their marketing budget to pay Journalists to LIE about BG3 breaking new ground, and have the faggots on reddit and resetera do the rest.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
LIFE BY YOU has a fully dynamic open world with NPC's that sleep in their own houses, eat food, get in their cars and go out to the park or go shopping, go to their jobs, and all of this is done with modern day hardware. Yet we have Larian fags in this thread saying that BG3 can't do it because our current computer hardware can't cope with it. It baffles the mind how clueless they are.
PZphTEX.png

Here's the game our little redditoid wants BG3 to be more like.

What's the matter? Gay bear sex not gay enough for you? :M

Drakortha

Liturgist

Here's the game our little redditoid wants BG3 to be more like.
And here we go again, the Larian faggot extrapolating my criticisms.

We're talking about dynamic and reactive AI, you KNOB.

At least that gay romance happened dynamically, and wasn't written in by some faggot blue haired developer who wanted to force their narrative on the player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom