Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Well Sarevok could still be alive? Unless they put more faggotry in I just saw what they did in the Comics to Coran lol.
I remember reading somewhere - in this very thread in fact - about how Sarevok ended up good after the events of ToB, but then found it a hollow existence, became a homeless alcoholic or junkie or both and then Bhaal found him in the streets and gave him new purpose.
That's from Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy, which apparently isn't canon (although based on some things in EA I think they're going to use some of the content from it, specifically Edwin's section, so they may lift Sarevok's story too).

Here is the Sarevok section:

1690493886091.png

Dodo1610

Arcane
Galaxy brain Swen revealing his next game in a random interview to prevent someone from here to leak it again.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well Sarevok could still be alive? Unless they put more faggotry in I just saw what they did in the Comics to Coran lol.
I remember reading somewhere - in this very thread in fact - about how Sarevok ended up good after the events of ToB, but then found it a hollow existence, became a homeless alcoholic or junkie or both and then Bhaal found him in the streets and gave him new purpose.
That's from Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy, which apparently isn't canon (although based on some things in EA I think they're going to use some of the content from it, specifically Edwin's section, so they may lift Sarevok's story too).

Here is the Sarevok section:

View attachment 39315

Wait a minute, Melissan wasn't a Bhaalspawn. :facepalm:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
RENT FREE

afbeelding.png

However I didn't find the minmax video that salty. It was more like him lolwutting at a journalist who wrote some dumb shit
May well be so, depends on context, but in the proper context he sounds hilarious.

Notice the "when I'm the designer you are my enemy" (wink-wink, I'm not saying I'm serious, but I'm not saying I'm joking).
But when he is the player, what does that make Swen to him? :lol:

hey're definitely reading the Codex. XD
Everybody reads the Codex.

Josh Sawyer has been in game development for what, 20~ years? and he still doesn't understand why his games fail to become more popular?

Maybe make better games & stop trying to limit how people play your games and you wouldn't have to seethe on twitter like the irrelevant never-was you are. :lol:

HZI3KLr.png

8CqM9Kc.png

RENT FREE

afbeelding.png

However I didn't find the minmax video that salty. It was more like him lolwutting at a journalist who wrote some dumb shit
May well be so, depends on context, but in the proper context he sounds hilarious.

Notice the "when I'm the designer you are my enemy" (wink-wink, I'm not saying I'm serious, but I'm not saying I'm joking).
But when he is the player, what does that make Swen to him? :lol:

hey're definitely reading the Codex. XD
Everybody reads the Codex.
You forget how snowflakey these people are. they stay in their little bubbles to avoid getting pricked by our violent torpedoes of truth

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This was a non-canon book, written by a former BG dev who based it off his gay D&D sessions, where he made Imoen a vampire and Cernd a faggot.

Weird that it was published though.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
^ This nigga has me on ignore because he was too butthurt about my opinion on BG3, and he whines about "snowflakey people who stay in their little bubbles". Larian fans are truly built different

Same here lol. He must be a furry.

Drakortha

Liturgist
New Vegas will forever be an infinitely better RPG than this faggot shit BG3. It was better than Original Sin 1 and Original Sin 2 and it will still be better than this shit game that can't even implement day / night cycles.

Literally a single player MMO at this point with NPC's standing around doing fuck all until you show up. A static gameworld in a single player 2023 RPG is a fucking joke. And you've got to be kidding me with those dialogue cutscenes, they are so fucking shit it's like you're playing dragon age 2 again.

But you faggots praise BG3 because there's nothing else for you play. And by shitting on Sawyer, who had a hand in creating New Vegas, is just the ultimate butthurt from the Larian fags.

People remember New Vegas for being a diamond in the rough. It is a beloved title because it came about during an era where we got shit like Dragon Age 2, which is exactly the kind of RPG Larian is bringing back with BG3. What will BG3 be remembered for? Catering to Bioware faggots? This game is regressive, cancerous SHIT!

Larianshill

Arbiter
New Vegas will forever be an infinitely better RPG than this faggot shit BG3. It was better than Original Sin 1 and Original Sin 2 and it will still be better than this shit game that can't even implement day / night cycles.

Literally a single player MMO at this point with NPC's standing around doing fuck all until you show up. A static gameworld in a single player 2023 RPG is a fucking joke. And you've got to be kidding me with those dialogue cutscenes, they are so fucking shit it's like you're playing dragon age 2 again.

But you faggots praise BG3 because there's nothing else for you play. And by shitting on Sawyer, who had a hand in creating New Vegas, is just the ultimate butthurt from the Larian fags.

People remember New Vegas for being a diamond in the rough. It came about during an era where we got shit like Dragon Age 2, which is exactly the kind of RPG Larian is bringing back with BG3. What will BG3 be remembered for? Catering to Bioware faggots? This game is regressive, cancerous SHIT!
This guy just endorsed Oblivion with its Radiant AI as the height of gaming. Now that's a dynamic game world.

Drakortha

Liturgist
This guy just endorsed Oblivion with its Radiant AI as the height of gaming. Now that's a dynamic game world.
Even Oblivion is more dynamic and reactive than BG3.

What kind of reactivity do you get in BG3? Stacking boxes and shooting flammable oil puddles with a fire spell? Fucking retarded game.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
It was better than Original Sin 1 and Original Sin 2
Of course it was. D:OS2 has some of the shittiest, most tedious combat I've seen in RPGs, and was written by reddit (or so it felt). Utter trash. No idea why people think BG3 will be any different.
The difference between D:OS2 and BG3 is that with BG3, Larian has been given a few extra hundred thousand dollars to blow on marketing material and paying journalists under the table to shill their game. Larian faggots are just like every other consumer, they cannot think or learn anything and have to be told what's good, and are too afraid to go against the grain. They are a waste of oxygen, the whole lot of them.

Shaki

Arbiter
I mean, I'm a Larian hater and think their games are decline, but still, just the fact that they have turn based, stat based combat, rather than being first person shooters, already makes them better RPGs than nuFallouts.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I mean, I'm a Larian hater and think their games are decline, but still, just the fact that they have turn based, stat based combat, rather than being first person shooters, already makes them better RPGs than nuFallouts.
New Vegas is still better because it had a believable world and characters within. I can't with these goblins fucking each other in the ass and shit. Attach the best turn based, stat based combat you want, it doesn't make it worth playing when I have to listen to those insufferable, pretentious voice actors.

thesecret1

Arcane
Sponge-based combat, more like. It doesn't matter whether your combat is turn based or not if rather than being fun, it slowly kills you through a metric ton of tedium and boredom.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I have nothing better to do next weekend so I'll give this a go after hearing they cut down on the environmental combat bull-hockey, and that the game will actually feature the city of Baldur's Gate.
Steam always has the refund crap in place in case it's a disaster.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The core of any CRPG is dungeon crawling, party building and monster killing not reactivity.
aENvRgD.gif

Warlord: This is good, but what is best in RPGs?
Warrior: Collaborative story-telling, choice & consequences, cinematic narrative, and companion romances.
Warlord: Wrong! Conan, what is best in RPGs?
Conan: To crush your enemies, explore their dungeons, and to see the glitter of their treasure.
Warlord: That is good. [crowd cheers]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom