Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
No worrise, a certain mod will fix issues with body textures tint.
Is that mod already out? I'd hate to have to make it myself the way I did for Stellaris.

If I do though, I'm probably also modding out the gay, and having bear sex result in player death.
I think I'll just call it "Race features respec" or "Race features transmog" mod.

Completely innocent - if you prefer an NPC to stay the same race but look like a different one.

We already have such mods for other NPC properties, so what's the difference.
Eh so you're going to make the mod?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I’d call it “safe-space mod”. Apparently a lot of people here really need those.
I'm sorry that I find a young black woman pirate tavern owner somewhat out of place in this context.
What's the proper context for that?
A fantasy world full of dragons, gods and magic, oh wait...
View attachment 39488
terrible analogy

black characters are quite common in the Forgotten Realms, and so are pirates

cars on the other hand are not

do you even know the setting

Shaki

Arbiter
terrible analogy

Who cares about the setting, I don't want Jamal and Tyrone in my fantasy game because I'm racist and looking at them disgust me, not because of "muh lore" or some other cope people use to avoid being branded as a bigot by Reddit crowd. Being called racist/bigot/fascist by the rainbow enjoyers, should be treated as a privilege and an honor, in this rotten world.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I’d call it “safe-space mod”. Apparently a lot of people here really need those.
I'm sorry that I find a young black woman pirate tavern owner somewhat out of place in this context.
View attachment 39488
Is the BMW an origin character? Can I romance it?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Oh right, there isn't one.
I actually agree for once with our german edgelord.

Although making her much older and rugged would make it more believable. Making her a man would fix it completely.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
View attachment 39488
terrible analogy

What about bear on elf sex. (or whatever the fuck happened there)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Readher

Savant
Oh boy, Larian have "innovated" the "Doubly-Chosen One".

Mask of the Betrayer, Obsidian Entertainment. You're both the shard bearer/Kalach-Cha and the Spirit-Eater, what are the odds?
If people dislike chosen one stories, they should avoid fantasy
There's a difference between disliking them and being disappointed in the fact that virtually every story and MC is like that. I suggest Tales from the Lake of Sorrows for NWN2 if anyone wants something more down to earth and Scandinavian thriller style.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Why as soon as I went to sleep this place turned into a goddamn reddit (more than usual).
afbeelding.png

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's not a normal tadpole. The fact that you get special powers at all instead of just getting sick and having your jaw fall off and get replaced by tentacles should tell you that much.
Oh boy, Larian have "innovated" the "Doubly-Chosen One". Not only is CHARNAME infected with a tadpole, but his/her tadpole is a "special tadpole" :lol:
Whatever Larian does is now official d&d canon.

06164e5499445c9d3614c6608ac489da17b3696357ce076685142db1b26f4f5a.jpg
Whatever Larian does, they can't beat WotC in being retarded.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
View attachment 39488
terrible analogy

Are they?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lol, the vague update about companion respec seems to have confused the community totally. Every source says something different now, which is understandable considering Swen’s statement (“The game will ignore your respec and still treat Wyll as a Warlock”) more or less directly contradicts the update (“It can affect their dialogue and story”).

Starting to think a mod might’ve been preferable Yosharian

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom