Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I hate the song.
12030.jpg

MerchantKing

Learned
Oh boy, Larian have "innovated" the "Doubly-Chosen One".

Mask of the Betrayer, Obsidian Entertainment. You're both the shard bearer/Kalach-Cha and the Spirit Eater, what are the odds?
Technically, the PC is "chosen" to become the Spirit Eater because they are the Kalach-Cha
The PC is only the Kalach-Cha because he was stabbed as a baby. Fortunately being stabbed as a baby and living does make a person into a living legend.

Fortunately, we have a movie written by a Japanese pervert based on a smut comic written by another Japanese pervert to explain how it works.

broly-villain.gif

GDMnza.gif

LMXr5Pv.gif

8WBBz4.gif

They is a plural pronoun. It is always incorrect to use it to refer to a person specified by a singular noun. The grammatically correct convention is to choose either "he" or "she" when referring to a person specified by a neutral noun unless the sex of the person is also to be specified.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Who cares about the setting, I don't want Jamal and Tyrone in my fantasy game because I'm racist and looking at them disgust me, not because of "muh lore" or some other cope people use to avoid being branded as a bigot by Reddit crowd. Being called racist/bigot/fascist by the rainbow enjoyers, should be treated as a privilege and an honor, in this rotten world.
So why are ppl so worried about how someone else wants to play their RPGs?
Yeah, who would fill hundreds of pages with whining about optional story contest, demanding it gets cut? No one, of course.

Incendax

Augur
I hate the song.
I've heard "Down By The River" so fucking much it almost makes me sick hearing it. I know I'm going to have a fun time with BG3, but I am NOT looking forward to hearing that song even more. At least they cut down the number of vocal parts for the song - I guess they had similar complaints.

I've heard "Down By The River" so fucking much it almost makes me sick hearing it. I know I'm going to have a fun time with BG3, but I am NOT looking forward to hearing that song even more. At least they cut down the number of vocal parts for the song - I guess they had similar complaints.
The game has some good theme. A couple of the battle ones are GREAT, for instance.

This one...

... not too bad either. Even if the version with lyrics makes it a bit awkward.

But this one they posted in the video and "Down By The River"? Yeah, not even remotely my cup of tea.
The former in particular is associated with the super-awkward tiefling bard scene which at this point I skip every single time.

Barbarian

Arcane
I hate the song.

Whatcha talking about bro, it is one of neil's greatest hits!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Shaki

Arbiter
ITT, not every fan of this game is a degenerate.

This gurl plays the harp, cello, flute and clarinet besides singing. Waifu material if you ask me.

ok I quickly stalked her and while surprisingly she doesn't appear to be a tranny or a furry, she's a Bioware and Dragon age fan, so still degenerate.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Dark Urge is called "the chosen one" by the tophat goblin. In the trailer.
I am also chosen by Shadowcute to be her one and only husband, so that's yet another Chosen One narrative.
Until she regains her memories and informs you that she is already married, and/or her original personality makes her Shadowcringe.

Shadowheart's companion quest is one of the few that I look forward to, because you don't know what will be on the other side and/or what if she never recovers her memory.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Arcane
The PC is only the Kalach-Cha because he was stabbed as a baby. Fortunately being stabbed as a baby and living does make a person into a living legend.
I don't know anime, I just meant that MotB's "special" role for the protagonist was a direct consequence of the OC's "special" role for the protagonist, it was the same dice rather than rolling two 1s in a row.

They is a plural pronoun. It is always incorrect to use it to refer to a person specified by a singular noun. The grammatically correct convention is to choose either "he" or "she" when referring to a person specified by a neutral noun unless the sex of the person is also to be specified.
The singular "they" has been common English form for referring to an individual whose gender is circumstantially unknown or unknowable for quite a while now:
This use of singular they had emerged by the 14th century, about a century after the plural they.[4][5][2] It has been commonly employed in everyday English ever since and has gained currency in official contexts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom