Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
"u pLyEd it sO u MUsTa LikEd it!!!"
I just can't fathom wasting 10 hours, let alone hundreds on something I don't like. I have so much other things to do, including playing other games (I actually like).

Like, if I hate BG3 the first thing I'd rather play is start my first playthough of 'Curse of Strahd' or spend another few dozen hours in a fresh 'Daggerfall' playthrough.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I just can't fathom wasting 10 hours, let alone hundreds on something I don't like.
Going into Wrath with relatively high spirits coming from Kingmaker, expecting it to have its low points but to pick up afterwards again. It never did. IT NEVER BECAME GOOD AGAIN, IT ONLY BECAME WORSE AND WORSE.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://baldursgate3.game/news/announcing-baldur-s-gate-3-twitch-drops_74

ANNOUNCING BALDUR’S GATE 3 TWITCH DROPS!​

Want to earn exclusive Baldur’s Gate 3 loot while supporting your favorite streamers? There’s a Twitch Drops campaign for that! From August 3, 2023 at 9am PDT/4pm UTC to August 17, 2023 at 9am PDT/4pm UTC, watch a total of 2 hours of Baldur’s Gate 3 on Twitch to earn the Camp Clothing Set, giving you and your adventuring party some new options for their much-needed downtime.

Do you have helmet hair that just won’t quit? Sore shoulders from sleeping in your pauldrons? Change out of your armour and get cozy in your camp clothes! This regal set of Twitch-purple finery is sure to smell better than the breeches you pulled off that dead goblin.

main-twitch-dops-64c8ee9800310.jpg

The Camp Clothing Set includes the following 4 items;

• Chatterbox's Tabard
  • Streamhopper Loafers
  • Periwinkle Undergarments
  • Channeler's Trunks
Baldur’s Gate 3’s Twitch Drops will be active from August 3, 2023 at 9am PDT/4pm UTC to August 17, 2023 at 9am PDT/4pm UTC, so tune into your favorite Drops-enabled streamers during that window to earn yourself some vividly purple supplies.

Twitch Drops FAQ

Q: Do I need to own Baldur’s Gate 3 in order to receive Twitch Drops?

A: No. Owning Baldur’s Gate 3 is not required to gain access to Twitch Drops - meaning you can earn them before picking up the game at a later date. This applies to PC and PS5.

Q: Are camp clothes available outside of the Twitch Drops campaign?

A: Yes, but these specific clothes are exclusively available via Twitch Drops.

Q: How do I link my Larian and Twitch accounts?

A: Sign in to your Larian account here and connect your Twitch account, then follow the instructions to link your accounts.

Q: What devices can I use to earn and claim drops?

A: You can earn and claim drops on PC, Mac or through the Twitch app on iOS or Android. Twitch apps on console, TV and other apps do not support drops.

Q: Do I need to watch 2 hours on one channel to earn a drop?

A: No, you can mix and match! Progress is saved across all channels you watch that are streaming Baldur’s Gate 3. However, progress will only be tracked on one channel at a time - so no cheating!

Q: How do I claim my Drops?

A: Claim your Drops in the Drops Inventory on Twitch, and then your items will be found in your Camp Chest.

Q: Do Twitch Drops expire?

A: If a Larian account has not been linked, earned Twitch Drops will expire after 7 days.

Q: I’m a streamer - how do I get Twitch Drops on my channel?

A: All you need to do is make sure you’ve linked your Larian account with your Twitch account, then opt in to Drops here

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just can't fathom wasting 10 hours, let alone hundreds on something I don't like.
I remember I pirated and played Fallout 4 for exactly 11 hours (it's recorded on the savegame). Deleted it and never played it since.

On the other hand, I pirated Witcher 3 expecting to laugh at cringe, ended up playing for 60 hours in a week or so, and just bought it.

ferratilis

Magister
Just tried the Early Access version. I'm wondering, what options are you guys using for best anti-aliasing? Everything either looks blurry, or still have aliasing. Should I use DLSS? Kinda looks blurry there too, though :(
DLAA. There's no better AA solution on the market right now. It will also depend on the resolution, I'm playing at 1440p. 4k would look the best.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...er-powers-in-baldurs-gate-3-skills-explained/

Wield powerful mindflayer powers in Baldur’s Gate 3 – skills explained​

Wield powerful mindflayer powers in Baldur’s Gate 3 – skills explained

Learn about the power of a mindflayer and variety of builds and customization.

A seasoned wizard who infects her foes with the irresistible urge to dance. A high-level sorcerer who sows the seeds of chaos in battle with strategically placed portals. A bard that wields the psionic powers of a mindflayer (a.k.a illithid). Who will you become at the pinnacle of your power in Baldur’s Gate 3? That’s completely up to you.

In Baldur’s Gate 3, your late-game build can be as varied as you want it to be and can be changed at any time, giving you an opportunity to experiment with different spells and discover the class that complements your playstyle best.

Introducing illithid powers​

In Baldur’s Gate 3, you and your companions each carry the burden of a parasite that dwells within you, a tadpole placed deep inside your brain that poses a constant looming threat of illithid transformation.

But as dangerous as these creatures may be, they are also a source of great power. For those who wish to experience their power, you need only to surrender to the tadpole within you and consume the parasites you find in jars and skulls throughout the Forgotten Realms.

giphy.gif

Each consumed tadpole unlocks a new tadpole power in a skill tree of 25 powerful illithid abilities. These powers are split into five branches. Some can be used to manipulate and control those around you, pushing them to say things in dialogue they otherwise would not. Others endow you with psionic abilities to push and pull enemies like ragdolls in battle. You can even become a displacer beast, the iconic and monstrous tentacled feline from the D&D bestiary. The deeper you go through the illithid skill tree, the more powers you’ll discover.

Yet, while a tadpole can provide you with powerful benefits, it also requires sacrifice. Give in to the parasite within you and become half-illithid to gain the most potent mindflayer abilities at higher levels. In turn, you may lose a part of yourself. And remember, not everyone in your party will agree with your decisions to explore your psionic side, and your companions’ perception of you can undergo a significant shift based on your approach.

Respect your destiny​

Whether you only want to make a few tweaks to your existing character build or you’re looking to experiment with completely new playstyles and class combinations, respecting your characters can be done at any time.

A simple trade of gold with a mysterious campmate is all that is needed to restart your build with new starting proficiencies, attributes, spells, and cantrips. This will affect your playstyle and abilities and alter your roleplaying experience as the world around you responds differently in dialogues to reflect your new class.

Respeccing isn’t limited to your customized protagonist either. Companions and pre-authored Origin characters can also be given completely new specializations. Already want to play a Rogue, but love the idea of Astarion by your side from here to Baldur’s Gate? You can respec Astarion into a Wizard, a Fighter, or whatever else you think suits him best. A suggestion? A Raging Barbarian Astarion is something everyone should see before they die.

However, this comes with some warnings and caveats, as some of our Origins stories are heavily tied to their classes. A non-cleric Shadowheart or a Wyll without his Warlock Pact will impact the roleplay options in dialogue and story. And while nothing will break, and their stories can still be told, it won’t be the exact story we intend for you to experience.

The freedom to craft your own build​

Late-game builds in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be extremely varied if you want them to be. With Multiclassing, players have the freedom to apply points into any class when they level to forge class hybrids of their own making: warriors who wield arcane spells, rogues who are masters of divine magic, or spellcasters who dabble in martial arts.

Given the full range of possible combinations, having some background as a D&D player is recommended to make the most of this feature. But should you wake up and choose chaos, deciding to instead just evenly spread all your points into every class for no strategic reason whatsoever, the choice is yours – and obviously, there’s an achievement for doing that.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming to PlayStation 5 on September 6.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Going into Wrath with relatively high spirits coming from Kingmaker, expecting it to have its low points but to pick up afterwards again. It never did. IT NEVER BECAME GOOD AGAIN, IT ONLY BECAME WORSE AND WORSE.
It had relatively nice strategic part.
I hope you don’t mean the dogshit castrated parody of HoMM 3 they had?

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They will ALL play the game, if only so they can screech on this here shithole forum about every nignog and faggot that they encounter in the game.

They will ALL play it.
I don't understand why anyone would be upset about the faggotry and niggles running around. We need people to kill and still have it be a Lawful Good run, so what's the problem?

cpmartins

Cipher
It had relatively nice strategic part.
I hope you don’t mean the dogshit castrated parody of HoMM 3 they had?
I played a single combat of that abomination. Never again, autoresolved all of them afterwards.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
:takemymoney:

Just purchased on GoG.

Should I go ahead and install it? Or should I wait until the official release date?

Still not clear if the official build would have be be downloaded in its entirety even if you have the EA version installed...

Nevermind just saw this news article:

Larian tells Baldur's Gate 3 players to delete early access saves and uninstall the game to avoid 'unintended conflicts' with the full launch​

https://www.pcgamer.com/larian-tell...id-unintended-conflicts-with-the-full-launch/

MerchantKing

Learned
:takemymoney:

Just purchased on GoG.

Should I go ahead and install it? Or should I wait until the official release date?

Still not clear if the official build would have be be downloaded in its entirety even if you have the EA version installed...

Nevermind just saw this news article:

Larian tells Baldur's Gate 3 players to delete early access saves and uninstall the game to avoid 'unintended conflicts' with the full launch​

https://www.pcgamer.com/larian-tell...id-unintended-conflicts-with-the-full-launch/
I would ask for a refund and then see if you can find a heavily discounted version on the high seas.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Just tried the Early Access version. I'm wondering, what options are you guys using for best anti-aliasing? Everything either looks blurry, or still have aliasing. Should I use DLSS? Kinda looks blurry there too, though :(
DLAA. There's no better AA solution on the market right now. It will also depend on the resolution, I'm playing at 1440p. 4k would look the best.
MSAA is better than all the bullshit that came after it

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You can almost hear the cries of despair from those who already have 10,000 hours into their heavily modded and thoroughly raped EA versions.

Shaki

Arbiter

Here is a simple example that even dimwits will be able to understand, and it's a good one in context of BG3 thread, since it has to do with romances:

If you spent thousands of hours with your ex wife/gf, should you be forbidden from later calling her a fucking bitch, and saying you wouldn't recommend anyone else to get in a relationship with her? Is it that weird and unthinkable to you, that looking back, moments that were positive before, can be soured by what happened later?

Humans generally judge things in hindsight, when they have a full picture, and their opinions can change multiple times before that. You might enjoy a game at the beginning, but the experience might be getting worse and worse, until finally it's so bad that it poisoned the good time you had before, and thinking about it won't make you happy anymore, but annoyed that you wasted time on it. It might be combat becoming completely trivial in the middle of the game, and making you mad because you wasted time on planning all your builds and shit, that you now won't get to enjoy because you can just rightclick everything and there is absolutely no satisfaction in it anymore. It can be fake choice and consequence, when you realize at some point that choices you had fun making were actually completely pointless and didn't change anything. It can be an ending so bad that it completely invalidates all the positive feelings you had earlier (hello GoT fans). It can be seeing some disgusting woke shit, making you feel dirty for playing. You can force yourself to finish the game when you're a completionist, despite not enjoying the experience anymore, which probably will make it even worse. You can also be to some degree hateplaying just to be able to more efficiently criticize the game, or you can be one of these guys who have hope that game will become better, so they push through despite only seeing shit again and again. It can be any combination of these things, or thousand of other reasons, to either play through the game despite not enjoying it, or to enjoy it at first, but at some point look back and in hindisght decide it was bad and unsatisfying.

There is nothing weird about that, and people saying "hurr durr how can you say you hated a game if you played it for 100hours", are either sub 80IQ simpletons, or more often just being disingenuous and pretending, because they want to desperately defend the game they liked and they don't have any valid arguments.

the "fine wine" in question. the more i see of bg 1 & 2 the more i realize it's mostly just rose tinted goggle-posting. getting very difficult to take people seriously when they criticize BG3 writing/voice acting as goofy etc. it's like, compared to what? :lol:

Minsc is the free space on the shit writing bingo card. He was bad back then and will be bad now. Only normies like him.

BG1 in general has always had super wonky writing, especially its cringe humor.

BG2 is much better and I won't accept any slander.

im a lorelet, how is minsc still alive in bg3? isn't that like 120 years after the first game, or even the 2nd?

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I hate 90 day fiancé with every fiber of my being, and I think about 95% of its cast members should be gathered into a big sack and thrown by catapult into the ocean. I never miss an episode. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom