Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Fedora Master are you really saying you won't play the game?
I'll pirate it and post about my experience here. I'll be explaining my opinions with examples straight from the game.
Prime example of hateplaying
So? I put hundreds of hours into Wrath despite my better knowledge.

Stupid manchild gringo LOL

That Lambchop/Edgy Gamer annoying nigger will play dozens of hours as well.

Literally 24/7 playing and talkin abt the gayme they TOTALLY hate kakakaka

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
That Lambchop/Edgy Gamer annoying nigger will play dozens of hours as well.
I dropped Wrath of the Tranny shortly after the tutorial when content became insufferably leftist with no signs of improvement. Thankfully Steam support helped me with my refund issues, in spite of being over time.

That's unlikely here though, since I already played the Early Access for at least a dozen hours before they announced any trannyism in the game - which all happened this year.

So I plan to get my money's worth out of the game, and probably mod out all the trannyism just like I did with Stellaris' blacks. :M

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I found the Original Sins to be kind of a drag so I wasn't too interested in BG3 until recently, now I'm starting to think it might be worth checking out. What's the kurrent konsensus?

Judging from the EA, it's DOS 3 with way more content and a much higher budget due to the big name IP.

They also fucked up 5e in some ways but allegedly it's otherwise pretty faithful to the pnp rules.

I'll probably buy it and play it at some point, and then give up after the first act like I did with DOS 2. Unless there is high reactivity to me playing like a genocidal LG paladin, then I'll see where it goes.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was expecting a monstrosity, but she looks normal.
The Flanders (where Larian is situated) are quite conservative. If you want to find monstrosities in Belgium, you'll (mostly) only find them in the 'Green' party and the media based in the capitol.

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
To try first run on Tactician mode or not... That is the real question.

I didn't play through DoS2 to the end. How bad are Larian when it comes to combat design/balance?

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And it's not even a good excuse to prevent preloads. The game is releasing in sub-48 hours.
Who gives a shit about people playing EA? They won't be able to continue those runs shortly anyway. Makes far more sense to dump EA and go right to preloads for the masses

ferratilis

Magister
They claim that STEAM doesn't allow pre-load for titles already out on EA, but that sounds a bit fishy. Not sure if it's true.
It is. For that to be possible, they would need to have two separate titles available, which is not that common. I expected that they would move the current EA version to a beta branch and have the full version as a preload, but that is also not possible due to how files are encrypted for preloads.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
They claim that STEAM doesn't allow pre-load for titles already out on EA, but that sounds a bit fishy. Not sure if it's true.
It is. For that to be possible, they would need to have two separate titles available, which is not that common. I expected that they would move the current EA version to a beta branch and have the full version as a preload, but that is also not possible due to how files are encrypted for preloads.
Ah well, not like it matters, its just a hundred gig or so

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The math adds up. If people are playing on 0.9 and you implement pre-load for 1.0, then EA players would be updated to 1.0 and have their saves broken, and 1.0 would still have to be locked until release, so at that point nobody could play either version. Don't fuck your EA testers.

Last edited:

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The math adds up. If people are playing on 0.9 and you implement pre-load for 1.0, then EA players would be updated to 1.0 and have their saves broken, and 1.0 would still have to be locked so at that point nobody could play either version. Don't fuck your EA testers.
EA is long over, as is EA testing. Larian submitted the game files for Steam distribution quite a few days ago already, according to Swen.
Logical business sense would be to not piss off the paying customers on launch day, rather than worry about the relatively very small number still playing EA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom