Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1. Encounter psycho murder dude
2. Kill psycho murder dude for the good of everybody
3. Revive psycho murder dude with some soul bits
4. ?????
5. Profit?
Yes?

You're talking to someone who thinks Korgan is probably the best companion in the game. Recruiting psychos isn't exactly something that bothers me.

I wouldn't revive someone I personally put in the ground. A logical person might think there would be some grievances both ways from the events of the first game.

But I suppose it's in character for someone with an extreme good alignment to want to redeem him. Or an extreme evil alignment to fuck with him more.

Or a modern alignment, which is just to fuck him.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I wouldn't revive someone I personally put in the ground. A logical person might think there would be some grievances both ways from the events of the first game.
*tsk tsk* I see you never went to the Gul Dukat school of victory.

Besides, it's also about utility. He swears a geas. He's basically free and loyal muscle for hire at a bargain price.

MerchantKing

Learned

Early Access shafted again lol.

It should be a lesson (to all of us who paid for it) not to pay for game demos.

That's why you get the demo for free.

tM6Zxqb.png

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
You heard of trans youtuber joining the cast? It's not enough, here's drag queen too!

https://gaymingmag.com/2023/08/vinegar-strokes-brings-the-drama-in-baldurs-gate-3/

As revealed by Larian Studio’s latest community post, Vinegar Strokes will be taking on the role of a Baldur’s Gate 3 character named Lucretious.

Lucretious (sheeeeeiiiiittt!) is described as being “the
proud leader of an extraplanar circus filled with mummies, redcaps, djinni, dryads, elementals – you name it, "she"’s got it. "She" loves red wine, denying "her" employees paid holidays, and strives to be, above all else, utterly fabulous.

:what:

RegionalHobo

Scholar
In other news since when Bane god of Tyranny joined BTS?
For reference, Bane 20 years ago:
DNDBane1.jpg

Bane now according to WOTC with the Magic expansion:

5aqc4lla5uja1.jpg
The weirdest part to me is that the images for Bhaal and Myrkul that came out at the same time were way more interesting. I have no idea why whoever okayed the art decided to fuck over Bane in particular.

so bane is a kpoper now

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Oh boy, Larian have "innovated" the "Doubly-Chosen One".

Mask of the Betrayer, Obsidian Entertainment. You're both the shard bearer/Kalach-Cha and the Spirit-Eater, what are the odds?
If people dislike chosen one stories, they should avoid fantasy
Even restricting myself to the canon of best fantasy, there are many novels and stories that are not about a "chosen one":

Greatly outnumbering the items I removed from the list for being "chosen one" stories, or at least too close.

Thanks, dude, I know you just wanted to post a list of your favorite fantasy novels, but I was talking about cRPGs because this is the cRPG section.

luj1 Holy heckin crap! One more day until mandatory gay druid bear sex releases! I know you are really hyped for this after tagging me into this thread. Hope you preordered so you can wear the periwinkle panties during it!

Zeriel

Arcane
so community update was pretty much no pre-loading + you can get cucked by your party members

The world of Baldur's Gate 3 is brought to life by many talented voice actors who bring incredible performances to each role, whether it’s a supporting character, a narrator, or a circus ringmaster/necromancer/drag queen.
:roll:
I've bothered to actually read the community update
Throughout your journey, you'll forge genuine connections with those you venture with. These can flourish into relationships that add gravity to every decision you make in the game, and you’re free to pursue them through deliberation, choice, and consequences. However, you’re also able to back out of them at any moment, change your mind, or fall in love with someone else.

What's more, in some cases you can even form polyamorous relationships.

To offer further clarity on exactly who can romance who in Baldur’s Gate 3, we’ve laid it out in the least romantic way possible, below:
  • A played Origin can romance an NPC Origin
  • An NPC Origin cannot romance an NPC Origin
  • Played Origins cannot romance other player Origins
While this whole romance schtick is definitely degenerate, the update explicitly says that:
1) npcs cant cuck you
2) you can cuck npcs if you want, or, supposedly, choose the least ugly female npcs and create a harem out of them.
If it will be possible, I see some potential for roleplaying as Rance here.
:desu:

Except Rance would fuck actually attractive people. There are no such people in BG3, so...

Gradenmayer

Learned
You heard of trans youtuber joining the cast? It's not enough, here's drag queen too!

https://gaymingmag.com/2023/08/vinegar-strokes-brings-the-drama-in-baldurs-gate-3/

As revealed by Larian Studio’s latest community post, Vinegar Strokes will be taking on the role of a Baldur’s Gate 3 character named Lucretious.

proud leader of an extraplanar circus filled with mummies, redcaps, djinni, dryads, elementals – you name it, "she"’s got it. "She" loves red wine, denying "her" employees paid holidays, and strives to be, above all else, utterly fabulous.

:what:
So she is a clown in a freak show? They have quite a variety of monsters it seems, killing all of them will be an interesting encounter.

Kiste

Augur
I hope the Social Police don't show up and knock at my door when I choose the "No, I'm not interested in a sexual relationship with you or your animal companion, thanks" dialog option when dealing with a male druid party member.
If you live in Scotland then you will be shit out of luck, I'm afraid.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I hope the Social Police don't show up and knock at my door when I choose the "No, I'm not interested in a sexual relationship with you or your animal companion, thanks" dialog option when dealing with a male druid party member.
If you live in Scotland then you will be shit out of luck, I'm afraid.
He lives in the land of the free where they can have all the bear sex they want

Reinhardt

Arcane
so community update was pretty much no pre-loading + you can get cucked by your party members

The world of Baldur's Gate 3 is brought to life by many talented voice actors who bring incredible performances to each role, whether it’s a supporting character, a narrator, or a circus ringmaster/necromancer/drag queen.
:roll:
I've bothered to actually read the community update
Throughout your journey, you'll forge genuine connections with those you venture with. These can flourish into relationships that add gravity to every decision you make in the game, and you’re free to pursue them through deliberation, choice, and consequences. However, you’re also able to back out of them at any moment, change your mind, or fall in love with someone else.

What's more, in some cases you can even form polyamorous relationships.

To offer further clarity on exactly who can romance who in Baldur’s Gate 3, we’ve laid it out in the least romantic way possible, below:
  • A played Origin can romance an NPC Origin
  • An NPC Origin cannot romance an NPC Origin
  • Played Origins cannot romance other player Origins
While this whole romance schtick is definitely degenerate, the update explicitly says that:
1) npcs cant cuck you
2) you can cuck npcs if you want, or, supposedly, choose the least ugly female npcs and create a harem out of them.
If it will be possible, I see some potential for roleplaying as Rance here.
:desu:

Except Rance would fuck actually attractive people. There are no such people in BG3, so...
also he's like leo di caprio - wommynz after their 30th birthday don't exist for him.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

The more I hear about this shit, the more I think it's going to be DOA like Wrath of the Tranny.

So far, Astarion is the gayest companion it looks like we'll need to suffer through, and he's 90s gay, if that.

If Larian can restrain themselves from making TRANNIES AND NIGGERFAGGOTS central to the plot, maybe the game can be saved.

BVxxqQT.gif

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you spent thousands of hours with your ex wife/gf, should you be forbidden from later calling her a fucking bitch, and saying you wouldn't recommend anyone else to get in a relationship with her? Is it that weird and unthinkable to you, that looking back, moments that were positive before, can be soured by what happened later?
Straight answer, to a very gay question: you aren't forbidden but it speaks more about you than about her.

There is a saying: "Never diss your woman or your car - you chose them yourself".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom