Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gotta say I agree with Takamori about the trope of "you are a very special Jedi". I want to make a troubled knight, or an obsessed rogue, or a wizard under the thrall of an evil god, and tell a fascinating story about that person ... but then your character gets buried under this "OH YOU ARE ACTULALY HALF DROAGN AND CAN YELL NAD KNCOKC DOWN WALLS" bullshit. Sigh, okay, I guess I'm watching this story now.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whelp, I will be doing two playthroughs right off the bat. I'll be doing the monk run on my own, and roll a cleric in co-op, with a bro.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I hope the Social Police don't show up and knock at my door when I choose the "No, I'm not interested in a sexual relationship with you or your animal companion, thanks" dialog option when dealing with a male druid party member.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
J.R.R. Tolkien- The Hobbit
Even LOTR wasn't about a chosen one. Frodo was just a guy who inherited a ring and seemed to deal with it well enough for the others to trust him with taking it to Mordor.
Aragorn is the chosen one in Lord of the Rings. :M Or close enough, anyway; I didn't want someone to have a stronger complaint about anything included in the list than the Elric stories.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

xvinegarstrokesbg3-800x445.png.pagespeed.ic.p4p6kDkvp7.webp

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
In other news since when Bane god of Tyranny joined BTS?
For reference, Bane 20 years ago:
DNDBane1.jpg

Bane now according to WOTC with the Magic expansion:

5aqc4lla5uja1.jpg
The weirdest part to me is that the images for Bhaal and Myrkul that came out at the same time were way more interesting. I have no idea why whoever okayed the art decided to fuck over Bane in particular.

1690938907997.png

1690938937082.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You know things have gotten really, really bad when you miss Sarevok...

Sarevok was a great villain and doesn't afraid of anything.

Getting him to question his fundamental convictions was one of the best parts of the series. I mean, actually getting there is retarded and nobody sane should let him anywhere near their party, but it was still memorable.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I mean, it's retarded and nobody sane should let him anywhere near their party, but it was still memorable.
Hadn't he lost the Bhaal essence at that point? There was nothing he could do.

I consider a portion of Imoen's soul a small price to pay for his services. :M

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I mean, it's retarded and nobody sane should let him anywhere near their party, but it was still memorable.
Hadn't he lost the Bhaal essence at that point? There was nothing he could do.

I consider a portion of Imoen's soul a small price to pay for his services. :M

1. Encounter psycho murder dude
2. Kill psycho murder dude for the good of everybody
3. Revive psycho murder dude with some soul bits
4. ?????
5. Profit?

He does have some great quotes though. I'm reading through them now.

Sarevok: I like you, Dorn. We've much in common.
Dorn: High praise.
Sarevok: Indeed. It's a shame you're a fool.
:-D

cpmartins

Cipher

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
4. ?????
5. Profit?
Yes?

You're talking to someone who thinks Korgan is probably the best companion in the game. Recruiting psychos isn't exactly something that bothers me.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
4. ?????
5. Profit?
Yes?

You're talking to someone who thinks Korgan is probably the best companion in the game. Recruiting psychos isn't exactly something that bothers me.
I hope you brought Mazzy too for the extra fun scenes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom