Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay I should get some snacks ready.

U5ac4GX.jpg

Hmmm. Any suggestions for gamer snacks. I've got many packets chicken wings and sausages for the air fryer and that's about it. Need some drinks.

My disgust for this game has only increased.
Instead of talking about builds, quests and character design, it's only bear sex, trannies and other degenerate shit that would make Ed Greenwood blush...
Modern rpg for modern audience, right?
I'll just stick to BG 1 and 2.
very ironic because there was finally little mention of it until you posted this. so are you in the closet, or whats up with this?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
man, I loved 1st edition D&D when I played it, maybe its because I was just 11 or 12 and it was the 1st time...but I don't know
Me and my wife play boardgames with our 6-year old from time to time. He wants to use the 20-sided dice, although the game only works with a 6-sided. :lol: We just divide the result by 3, or throw again if it's 19-20.

The time for D&D will come though, it is certain.

man, I loved 1st edition D&D when I played it, maybe its because I was just 11 or 12 and it was the 1st time...but I don't know
nobody on reddit was alive when 1st edition AD&D was released
Except you?

Regardless, the reaction is :cringe:, not :reddit:. But you still belong there with takes like that.
okay reddit is not cringe, 1st edition D&D is, got it..

post your butthurt emotion down below little puppet:

Last edited:

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's about what Larian themselves say they're putting in the game and what they themselves put a spotlight on, waste dev time on etc.
Yes, and? Reading video game media sites will post 50 articles about it, shoving it in your face constantly. You gain nothing from most video game review sites, outside of feeling annoyed.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A lesson Sawyer should have heeded with Pillars.
That's one defining characteristic of Pillars - I am always left at the edge of disappointment, because Sawyer was shooting for a serious and grounded setting with involved mechanics, but his narrative team... oh, his narrative team...

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yes, and? Reading video game media sites will post 50 articles about it, shoving it in your face constantly. You gain nothing from most video game review sites, outside of feeling annoyed.
And knowing what's in the game, and who's making it.

Nigger, the devs themselves are linking this stuff. They're proud of it. I don't need to hunt for it.

You sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the news won't change the fact that that thing is in the game, or that there are tranny cocks on character creation - something the devs repeatedly talk about in otherwise normal interviews about the game.

Quit pulling this bullshit about how it's my fault for reading or watching what the devs of a game I bought years before they advertised any of this post themselves.

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
Me and my wife play boardgames with our 6-year old from time to time. He wants to use the 20-sided dice, although the game only works with a 6-sided. :lol: We just divide the result by 3, or throw again if it's 19-20.

The time for D&D will come though, it is certain.
when time comes and kid picks nonhuman, nonmartial or opposite gender
it's time for reeducation

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A lesson Sawyer should have heeded with Pillars.
That's one defining characteristic of Pillars - I am always left at the edge of disappointment, because Sawyer was shooting for a serious and grounded setting with involved mechanics, but his narrative team... oh, his narrative team...

The setting would still read like a boring history book, even with better writing, I think. Compare Pillars' historicism with ASoIaF's. It's not even a contest. The real lesson here is that Sawyer never had it in him to do historicistic fantasy right. As such, he should have stuck to the generic.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

AwesomeButton

Patron
The setting would still read like a boring history book, even with better writing, I think. Compare Pillars' historicism with ASoIaF's. It's not even a contest. The real lesson here is that Sawyer never had it in him to do historicistic fantasy right. As such, he should have stuck to the generic.
It's pretty subjective, but I really liked Sawyer's stronghold quest which was added to Pillars with the White March pt 1, I think. If he could flesh out the political side of the setting while Paul Kirsch worked on the mythology, I'm an optimist about the eventual result we would have gotten.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Ryzer

Arcane
" Ah ah I'm so mature, guys I'm so cool, me and my wife hang out with our sons and have fun ah ah ah.
How do you do fellow losers? gonna create a thread for the mature and kool guys like myself."

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
" Ah ah I'm so mature, guys I'm so cool, me and my wife hang out with our sons and have fun ah ah ah.
How do you do fellow losers? gonna create a thread for the mature and kool guys like myself."
Fathering children is the biggest achievement a man can have you literally continued your lineage for the next generation. Don't diminish this achievement with your flippant comments you little faggot.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
My attempts to silence you by getting the mods to ban you have clearly failed. I've therefor socio-engineered this thread in such a way that a secondary thread would spring forth from it, specifically engineered to exclude you.

I'm sorry that you turned out to be the linchpin, AwesomeButton, but it's for the greater good. Sacrifices need to be made.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom