Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
It's about what Larian themselves say they're putting in the game and what they themselves put a spotlight on, waste dev time on etc.
Yes, and? Reading video game media sites will post 50 articles about it, shoving it in your face constantly. You gain nothing from most video game review sites, outside of feeling annoyed.
And nowadays they are written by AI that is being specifically trained to piss you off for hateclicks. Like a combo of

swan-jimmyolsen12.jpg

and
tumblr_p739wfXoJH1rxt7dwo1_1280.png

The good thing is that the internet will eventually be recontextualized by a IRL Patriot AI just like Hedeo Kojimbo predicted, we should enjoy the cesspit until then.
I for one welcome our new AI overlords.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am torn. On one hand, I want to avoid youtube, 4chan, and the Codex, so that I do not see spoilers. On the other hand, there will be drama, bugs, shit talking, build discussion, etc., and so the temptation will be strong.
Are you really worried about story in a larian game? Be serious. All their twink writers combined wouldn't be able to put up fan-fiction comparable to the average early deviantart user.
Not the story per se, but if there are genuine surprises or dumb/bad choices I would rather experience it first hand.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
" Ah ah I'm so mature, guys I'm so cool, me and my wife hang out with our sons and have fun ah ah ah.
How do you do fellow losers? gonna create a thread for the mature and kool guys like myself."
Boy, are you retarded? Do you want to die with your own semen in your ass?

Should we tactfully not mention our family status, so we don't offend some 30-years old safe space virgins? In the house of the hanged man, don't talk about rope?

Aarwolf

Learned
Yeah there's no real motivation to actually invade the underdark. Whatever treasures you're bound to find isn't worth the expenditures of something as ambitious as trying to conquer Menzoberranzan, and there's no real strategic benefit of having a depopulated/enslaved city full of useless elves.

That's why Moscow is still standing intact.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
" Ah ah I'm so mature, guys I'm so cool, me and my wife hang out with our sons and have fun ah ah ah.
How do you do fellow losers? gonna create a thread for the mature and kool guys like myself."
My attempts to silence you by getting the mods to ban you have clearly failed. I've therefor socio-engineered this thread in such a way that a secondary thread would spring forth from it, specifically engineered to exclude you.

I'm sorry that you turned out to be the linchpin, AwesomeButton, but it's for the greater good. Sacrifices need to be made.
When I was joking about non-puberty discussion I mean SDG and his cringe teenager humor. I didn't even mean Ryzer. So your socioengineering skills are at least 5D level.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
For those wondering if you can make a full custom party even with the hireling system: I fiddled around a bit with the EA, and I'm fairly sure if you go into LAN and play the game through that, you should basically be able to do a full custom. A bit fiddly, but essentially does what you want in practice.

4 people does not a full party make

Ehm... I think I have bad news for you
Will be pisseasy to alter partysize with mods no?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
For those wondering if you can make a full custom party even with the hireling system: I fiddled around a bit with the EA, and I'm fairly sure if you go into LAN and play the game through that, you should basically be able to do a full custom. A bit fiddly, but essentially does what you want in practice.

4 people does not a full party make

Ehm... I think I have bad news for you
Will be pisseasy to alter partysize with mods no?

not a clue

Ryzer

Arcane
Boy, are you retarded? Do you want to die with your own semen in your ass?

Should we tactfully not mention our family status, so we don't offend some 30-years old safe space virgins? In the house of the hanged man, don't talk about rope?
Now that you mention it, I'm worried about your kids, you gay psychopath.

ferratilis

Magister
I'm thinking of going with Shadowheart and Gale, along with my Paladin MC. Now the question is, who should fill the fourth slot? I can't stand Astarion, but could use someone with his skills. Which other companion is the least degenerate of the bunch?

Barbarian

Arcane
Why no fat companions Swen ? Why no short companions? Why no Latinx companions? Why no disabled companions? Why no combat wheelchair? Why is everyone white, fit and HAWT? Why is the only colored companion a one-eyed negro nobody wants to recruit or play?

WHYYYYYY?

a546374c1dc5ed04a2e5ad58fbd7d81c.png

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm thinking of going with Shadowheart and Gale, along with my Paladin MC. Now the question is, who should fill the fourth slot? I can't stand Astarion, but could use someone with his skills. Which other companion is the least degenerate of the bunch?
Astarion's boyfriend, the bear druid. You can save him in Act I and recruit him. He seems like a straightforward Good Guy.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Less than 5 hours until launch, and I still haven't decided how to play.
Custom character or Origin character?
Good guy or bad guy?
Martial class or spell class?
:shredder:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Shadowheart is trickery domain and has sleight off hand if I recall correctly. She can both heal and fulfill certain rogue tasks.

Maybe Jaheira or Haskin for Druid spells?

Least degenerate: maybe Lazael, although I didn’t get degenerate vibes from Karlach (maybe cringey, but not degenerate).

Last edited:

Herumor

Scholar
So help me god if this wins GOTY here you will see me go on a rampage the likes of which mankind has never seen.
Realistically, this can't even begin to compete with the likes of Book of Hours and Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - the true contenders for GOTY.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Quit pulling this bullshit about how it's my fault for reading or watching what the devs of a game I bought years before they advertised any of this post themselves.
Relax, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong. I'm trying to say that you shouldn't follow it up closely on video-game news websites, because they'll stretch out a single words 500 times. Don't let them fuel your rage, because that's what they're counting on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom