Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Steezus

Savant
Patron
My disgust for this game has only increased.
Instead of talking about builds, quests and character design, it's only bear sex, trannies and other degenerate shit that would make Ed Greenwood blush...
Modern rpg for modern audience, right?
I'll just stick to BG 1 and 2.

That's what you forever virgin types sperg focus on, which says more about you than you're willing to admit.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I actually didn't know the term fister, first time I heard it, had to look it up
An archer uses archery in combat.
A caster casts spells in combat.
A fister uses his fists in combat.
Monks are fisters. They fist the enemy in the face.
Its in the Oxford dictionary, look it up.

I thought you were talking about someone like this https://www.wearethemighty.com/popular/this-is-what-makes-a-fister-so-deadly/

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe I should have a nap now and get up in 4hrs. Fridge and freezer is loaded up. Just sitting around waiting now I guess.

I ended up getting two boxes of diet coke and a bucket of chocolate bars for the freezer so they are hard.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
For those wondering if you can make a full custom party even with the hireling system: I fiddled around a bit with the EA, and I'm fairly sure if you go into LAN and play the game through that, you should basically be able to do a full custom. A bit fiddly, but essentially does what you want in practice.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
For those wondering if you can make a full custom party even with the hireling system: I fiddled around a bit with the EA, and I'm fairly sure if you go into LAN and play the game through that, you should basically be able to do a full custom. A bit fiddly, but essentially does what you want in practice.

4 people does not a full party make

Also, probably more fun to play with the companions

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

4 people does not a full party make

Ehm... I think I have bad news for you

Ryzer

Arcane
It will be a pure joy once the game will release (122 GB) and the day one patch will arrive ( approximately 10GB -30 GB) with my internet speed of 1 MB/s.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yep. You can load your Lan saves in single player afterwards. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the option to alter the race and appearance of the 'premade' hirelings isn't just a toggle (i.e. we can simply flip it via config editing).

Regardless, this is probably going to be one of the first mods.

ferratilis

Magister
It will be a pure joy once the game will release (122 GB) and the day one patch will arrive ( approximately 10GB -30 GB) with my internet speed of 1 MB/s.
What happens in that case? You have to redownload everything or...?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Game of the gen is almost here

afbeelding.png
Call of duty Black ops 3, best FPS ever then?
Wonder how you guys will cope when the reviews start coming in.

Great times ahead and much more butthurt for the haters!
I already left a negative review for your commie censorship.
Post your review here so we can all laugh at you cringe lord.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Obviously. My post was just to inform those that wanted to start with custom characters

Wizardry 8 did customer characters best. If BG3 had that level of reactivity for custom characters I wouldn't bother with the companions

Ryzer

Arcane
What happens in that case? You have to redownload everything or...?
The potato bandwith forbids everyone else from using internet. This means youtube in the background is forced to be at an outstanding 144p resolution.

It's about what Larian themselves say they're putting in the game and what they themselves put a spotlight on, waste dev time on etc.
Yes, and? Reading video game media sites will post 50 articles about it, shoving it in your face constantly. You gain nothing from most video game review sites, outside of feeling annoyed.
And nowadays they are written by AI that is being specifically trained to piss you off for hateclicks. Like a combo of

swan-jimmyolsen12.jpg

and
tumblr_p739wfXoJH1rxt7dwo1_1280.png

The good thing is that the internet will eventually be recontextualized by a IRL Patriot AI just like Hedeo Kojimbo predicted, we should enjoy the cesspit until then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom