Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shaki

Arbiter
Guys what companions should I play to experience the game as the devs intended, eg. maximum degeneracy? Goblin chick and THE BEAR are obvious, but idk if the third should be a fag vampire or the edgy elf whore? Also, how is the reactivity for PC druid, will the game recognize my shapeshifting abilities, and let me and my druid homie both shapeshift into bears to tag team the goblin bitch?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I will never understand why people even bother with what he has to say after this absolutely retarded take on Dragon's Crown:

WXokoUr.png
Wait until you see the abomination he married. Guy has no standing to critique any sort of tastes when it comes to women at all.
24COLEMAN-superJumbo.jpg

Darth Valer

Literate
The ACG channel had uploaded a "Review in progress" called "Never a Drow moment" but they dropped it because it's probably too early :negative:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Gonna give myself schizophrenia thinking of the various ways I want to play.
I think I'm going to take 2 Warlock (for agonizing blast) and go the rest in Bard (charisma based leader, no bard companion).
I'll do the usual good (but not lawful stupid) run for my first time around, with this crew probably. Bard is also a class you really want to be good and a team player with, so its not like I'll be a bard Dark Urge on another playthrough.
The background is the good old "tried to make it as a bard, didn't work out, so made a deal with a devil". Sold my soul to Satan to learn to play the guitar.
party.JPG

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck has happened to Codex? An actual cRPG getting launched and instead of a bunch of nerds debating game systems, rat quests and whether 1 point should go into Strenght or Dexterity, there's a bunch of faggots violently atacking a game for having faggots and warring with some wokeness trend like twitter shits in their mouth each morning.
Now that you say it, I don't remember a rat quest.

Well, the game sucks now.

So, aaaaanyway, I see that Wizards get spell refreshes between fights. What's the point of Sorcerer then?
That may have been Arcane Recovery, which is once per day.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
The Drow doesn't look pretty. Kinda got a manface. They would've done it on purpose too. Makes me mad just looking at it. She's no Valsharess.

It is simply a product of the times worshipping ugliness and faggotry maybe if this game was made when the culture shifts back to beauty and virtue we'd have a nicer game.

Oh well I'll still consume product.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I think I'm going to take 2 Warlock (for agonizing blast) and go the rest in Bard (charisma based leader, no bard companion).
I'll do the usual good (but not lawful stupid) run for my first time around, with this crew probably. Bard is also a class you really want to be good and a team player with, so its not like I'll be a bard Dark Urge on another playthrough.
The background is the good old "tried to make it as a bard, didn't work out, so made a deal with a devil". Sold my soul to Satan to learn to play the guitar.
View attachment 39577
Is this satire or are you actually serious?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
View attachment 39577
Is this satire or are you actually serious?
9945DAD1E422F4A56403BB66833A33D90BAC7FFE

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
View attachment 39577
I was considering bardlock with goolock instead of fiendlock but I want to see what the deal with the multiclassing for full casters is first; if it's as broken as it sounded in the Italian interview it might be fun to play before they inevitably change it

Elthosian

Arcane
The ACG channel had uploaded a "Review in progress" called "Never a Drow moment" but they dropped it because it's probably too early :negative:
Managed to watch the whole thing before it went private.

Overall, ACG loved it. Said it was everything he hoped it would be and way more. The audio aspects are all outstanding he said. The soundtrack hits, the digetic noises are great, the voice acting is all good. There's something in every nook and cranny. The gameplay and freedom of choice is nuts. Most side quests tie back into the main story and other side quests. He didn't encounter any boring fetch quests.

His only complaints: While it looks amazing, it has frame dips even on a 4090 (didn't say if it was 4K or not). It has a few bugs, like quests not progressing properly and some multiplayer games dropping often. Some quest hints aren't super apparent and aren't clear, which can be frustrating.

He did say Larian asked reviewers to primarily play with M+KB for their reviews. ACG said he played a ton with both M+KB and gamepad and said he was surprised at this, because gamepad works really really well.

He said it's a once in a generation type of game and is seriously incredible and worth playing. ACG also mentioned he played 20 hours in one day because he just could not put it down lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom