Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gargaune

Arcane
"I've been savescumming my entire gaming career, if I had a save I used it."
~ Swen Vincke, 08.07.2021

Squirm, Monocle Police, squirm! :smug:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
NOOOOOO DONT PROMOTE THE ELF

FHHZQNQ.jpg

I can never tell with these Larian presentations, if its cringe or fun. Its riding a line 1 atom wide, somehow.
It's awkward from a spectator's point of view, but the employees seem to be having fun. It's a very thin line.

Also the new rolling interface is nice. I'm glad they added the option to cast modifiers immediately before the cast so you don't have to manually cast it before every stat check.

Yes, we wouldn't want to look like NERDS as we tune in to a stream to learn about upcoming patches of Baldy's Gape 3

Codex Year of the Donut
inventory is being revamped, he didn't expand past that
disengage will be a regular action, not a bonus action

and another fucking commercial, fuck it someone else can post the info

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
and another fucking commercial, fuck it someone else can post the info
New spell effects to make it easier to recognize spells in combat, combat AI improvements regarding spells, Swen cussing and apologizing because some american in the chat pointed it out.
No new quests and no new "content", but new permutations in dialogue and quests depending on variables on your character and what you've done before.

Yes, we wouldn't want to look like NERDS as we tune in to a stream to learn about upcoming patches of Baldy's Gape 3
It grew on me, I now think its 99% fun and only 1% cringe. HOWEVER, Baldur's Gate 3 isn't supposed to be a nerd game, its supposed to be a mainstream big seller, with big budget and big marketing. They do want the notorious "call of duty audience", or I guess Fortnite audience these days.

Codex Year of the Donut
your background now has goals and when you do things that align with your background you get rewarded for it
"hundreds of these goals have been added"

Codex Year of the Donut
like original BG games the characters have more comments when given a command(over 800 voice barks in the EA alone so far)

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
You can now simulate people's death instead of proper killing them, for uberautists who want a pacifist run of a murderhobo campaign.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Well, that was certainly something, but now I want patch 6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom