Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shrimp

Arbiter
I can never tell with these Larian presentations, if its cringe or fun. Its riding a line 1 atom wide, somehow.
It's awkward from a spectator's point of view, but the employees seem to be having fun. It's a very thin line.

Also the new rolling interface is nice. I'm glad they added the option to cast modifiers immediately before the cast so you don't have to manually cast it before every stat check.

Hellion

Arcane
Presenting new game features/updates via a LARP stream must be a world first.

Swen's genuine laughter and enthusiasm over the whole thing sure is contagious.

Codex Year of the Donut
where you camp now depends on the zone you're in, no longer always go to a forest area
resting requires supplies(food, etc?)
short rests + long rests are both in, long rests require more supplies

hope I got that right

CodexTotalWar

Learned
It sounds like they will be implementing a partial rest system where if you don't have enough supply, you only get a portion of HP and Spells back during a long rest?

Larianshill

Arbiter
Swen says this is not the patch. The next one is the patch, featuring a new class. So, excited for paladin in half a year.

Codex Year of the Donut
Got up to get a drink so I missed half of that, something about backgrounds + inspiration points. Infini?
Also, he was asked about races and said a lot of it is being saved for release.

Multiclassing will come eventually to early access
Something about reactions being extended

Shrimp

Arbiter
"Reactions is certainly something we are going to be extending, but not in this patch"
Direct quote

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Swen talks about extending reactions, but not in this patch.
"Reactions is certainly something we are going to be extending, but not in this patch"
Direct quote

Can't they use nu-XCOM's take, like Solasta? It basically has overwatch stance. You "precast" an ability on this turn, and it goes off if you get a valid target, on the target's turn.

OR

If they want to be autistic (though for a AAA++ big budget game this is stupid to try), they can do a mini-scripting interface, like Dragon Age Origins had. If enemy under 50% health, cast X. If ally surrounded by 3+ enemies, cast Y.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Can't they use nu-XCOM's take, like Solasta? It basically has overwatch stance. You "precast" an ability on this turn, and it goes off if you get a valid target, on the target's turn.

OR

If they want to be autistic (though for a AAA++ big budget game this is stupid to try), they can do a mini-scripting interface, like Dragon Age Origins had. If enemy under 50% health, cast X. If ally surrounded by 3+ enemies, cast Y.
Ideally they should just copy Solasta's pop-ups.
I'm not sure how well scripting AI behaviour between turns would work in a turn based game tbh, especially when reactions are a limited resource [per turn]

Shrimp

Arbiter
something about disengage+jump being split then twitch hit me with a commercial right in the middle of swen speaking
I keep two Twitch tabs opened and whenever the one I'm watching gets the 30s purple screen I just switch to the other tab.
It's probably not the best solution but it works and I don't have to update ad block scripts every week to stay ahead of their constant cat-and-mouse hunt for ad blockers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom