Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
fighting various amounts of goblins in low level D&D is not one of them.

The problem is not fighting goblins. The problem is fighting goblins that can soak multiple crossbow hits due his insane hp. Larian could give the option to at least speed up the combat. Allowing concurrent turns for enemies and 10x faster animations. It would drastically improve BG3. Many people here in codex prefer RtWP cuz they never played great TB games(ToEE, all D&D games from SSI, KoTC1/2 among other examples).

And the other problem is that the story on BG3 is not a low level campaign. A game which starts with a mindflayer spelljammer ship fighting a draconic army and you quickly meet wizards with netherese orbs of destruction is more epic than the beginning of Hordes of the Underdark and Mask of the betrayer combined. Two epic level adventures.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Lot's of myths floating around BG3. The Myth that larian is competent. The myth that Swen dumbfuck has ever made a good product or contributed positively to society in any way. The myth that larian cultists aren't blind fanboys that would enjoy any piece of shit their cult leader puts out.

Sykar

Arcane
There are worse things than genociding a bunch of goblins
Yeah, like not genociding them.

Are you the
goblin-slayer-poster-goblin-slayer-52x38_lg.jpg

Not that it really means anything, but just for the record I was checking an update Fextralife published on Youtube about how they are going to co-stream and comment this PFH 3 live:

Fextralife
19 hours ago (edited)
We'll be Co-Streaming the Panel From Hell III for Larian as they discuss the upcoming changes to Baldur's Gate 3 occurring with Update 5! The Livestream will take place on the 8th of July at 11 AM PST on our Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/fextralife. You can also expect a patch notes summary here on YouTube immediately following the event, and you're going to love the changes!

It seems to imply that they are already aware of at least some of the changes being introduced and they also sound fairly happy about them.
Hope I'll be able to share the enthusiasm when the reveal comes.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I don't think Fextralife liking the changes is necessarily good news.
I have honestly no idea of what they usually like, which is a big part of the reason I'm at very least wary of sharing the optimism.
Going by their usual content, Fextralife should be pretty awful. I remember looking over some of their builds for a few games and wondering how someone could come up with character builds so bad and then presenting them as guides, then felt sorry for anyone who actually followed them. I think there was even someone who did a challenge run for DOS:2 called a "Fextralife builds challenge."

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think Fextralife liking the changes is necessarily good news.

They were pretty good on D:OS II. They have some decent talent if the game has enough eyeballs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom