Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Give it a few more years and BG3 will be seen as a "classic" that saved RPGs.
As we are on topic I have to say: I'm almost starting to regret having good words to spare for for DOS 1 and 2 in the past years. Because apparently across a relatively short time span the message became "Since most people thought DOS 1 and 2 were good, that means NOTHING about them was wrong and Larian can't be questioned at all".

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, fuck Stadia.

There’s an accounting category called Goodwill and I’ve never seen it take a negative value but after what they did to Damore Google has in effect an infinite negative in that column with me. Maybe someday they make amends for that I could reconsider but no sign of that happening. I can’t be alone in that either.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nah, fuck Stadia.

There’s an accounting category called Goodwill and I’ve never seen it take a negative value but after what they did to Damore Google has in effect an infinite negative in that column with me. Maybe someday they make amends for that I could reconsider but no sign of that happening. I can’t be alone in that either.

[autism] Goodwill literally cannot be negative. You'd be talking about some sort of impairment contra asset account. [/autism]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Even if larian was using a good rule system, they couldn't do anything good with it. It's funny how larian was making games at the same time as Baldurs Gate, and larian has continued to make games since then but even with a continued line of games, they still have to use their old competitions name to have a part in a half decent legacy. Baldurs Gate has outlived them. It amazes me how they're still around, and how they're still making games today with their track records. Video game players will continue to decline and decline developers will always be there to cater to them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom