Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tbh, the mobs need the boost in HP. If you know how to play your class, the mobs have no chance whatsoever when a single Guiding Bolt does 4d6 damage at lvl 1.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Tbh, the mobs need the boost in HP. If you know how to play your class, the mobs have no chance whatsoever when a single Guiding Bolt does 4d6 damage at lvl 1.

And at lv 20 it still does merely 4d6. The correct is like BG1/2(2E). Burning hands deals 1d3+2 at lv 1 and 1d3+20 at lv 10. Not like in 5E, where 3d6 can be quite deadly at lv 1 and worthless at 10. In 5E a lv 5 wizard can at best do 8d6 damage(fireball) while a lv 11 wizard can do 10d6(freezing sphere and chain lightning) +2d6 damage while the caster got +6d6 + (6*con mod) hp and how much does more hp a cr 11 mob has over a cr 5 mob?

When Black Geyser launched in EA, spells din't scaled. now they do scale with caster level. It made the game extremely better as high level gameplay don't become a slog. Not having spells becoming deadlier is fine when the game has very low hp values which doesn't scale that much up. Eg - Gurps, Vampire : the Masquarede and so on.

When hour long goblin fights where nobody in your party dies, but the combat takes an eternity due the slow animation + ultra high hp values[...]
Yeah... here comes Captain Hyperbole.

I'm not exaggerating. This game would be 1000x better with a option to speed up animation to 20x like kingmaker had.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gameplay is fun. The worst thing about this game right now is that it is still in early access and you can't progress after Underdark. It has been two years, dammit :negative:

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Gameplay is fun. The worst thing about this game right now is that it is still in early access and you can't progress after Underdark. It has been two years, dammit :negative:

They did add a new area in the last patch letting you progress beyond the Underdark boat ride where the EA originally ended. It's not a ton though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
17 months (since October 2020) isn't 2 years, but I guess it will have amounted to 2 years by the time it releases. What's worrisome is not if or when it will release, but in what state.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They did add a new area in the last patch letting you progress beyond the Underdark boat ride where the EA originally ended. It's not a ton though.
I didn't know that because this was my first playthrough. If you mean that ruined temple area, it is quite large.

Отправлено с моего SM-A225F через Tapatalk

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I said it before, I'll say it again. This game sucks. Why play it. Play... Underrail. :hmmm:
LOL

afbeelding.png

Just... LMFAO!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I said it before, I'll say it again. This game sucks. Why play it. Play... Underrail. :hmmm:
LOL

afbeelding.png

Just... LMFAO!

Nobody here takes this retarded game journos that fail hard at the cuphead tutorial seriously. Despite few flaws like cooldowns, UnderRail is the closest thing to a modern fallout 1/2. And brings something new to the formula like naval turn based combat. UR is a huge :incline:

Wanna a good review?

6yMV0je.png

liAEcnx.png

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
LOL

afbeelding.png

Just... LMFAO!

Nobody here takes this retarded game journos that fail hard at the cuphead tutorial seriously. Despite few flaws like cooldowns, UnderRail is the closest thing to a modern fallout 1/2. And brings something new to the formula like naval turn based combat. UR is a huge :incline:

Wanna a good review?

6yMV0je.png

liAEcnx.png

Typical victor cope/10

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't feed the troll, children.

Unless you are bored. In which case, feed the troll only fresh vegetables and fruit - troll stomachs are (against popular belief) highly unsuitable to digest meat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom