Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Larianshill

Arbiter
Loved the trailer overall, but if this is Nightsong, I'm disappointed that they covered her up since EA, and if this is paladin's smite that they have shown off, I'm disappointed in how it was implemented.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
And yet somehow manages to maintain dreadlocks.
They're braids, actually. Which are even harder to maintain.

edit:

1670570945693.png

Whatever these things are. Looks like hair drawn through rings.

Slaver1

Savant
Sacrilege is what Larian have performed on Jaheira. It's such an uncanny, Pet Semetary style re-animation of who she was. The whole trailer sucked as expected but they just had to go and completely ruin the best girl from Baldurs Gate 2 into the bargain. If they had to bring her back, why not put a few more years on her and change her up instead of distorting our memories? It's alot like what Hollywood does now by having treasured characters from the past commit Hari-Kari like Skywalker.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sacrilege is what Larian have performed on Jaheira. It's such an uncanny, Pet Semetary style re-animation of who she was. The whole trailer sucked as expected but they just had to go and completely ruin the best girl from Baldurs Gate 2 into the bargain. If they had to bring her back, why not put a few more years on her and change her up instead of distorting our memories? It's alot like what Hollywood does now by committing Hara-kiri on treasured characters from the past like Skywalker, not to mention entire mythologies.
It's a fookin elf who cares lmao.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Sacrilege is what Larian have performed on Jaheira. It's such an uncanny, Pet Semetary style re-animation of who she was.
rh7zzeW.png

1670570945693-png.31369

Are you really going to tell me that these two look the same? Even her eye color got changed in BG2.

Look at the nose second one too. It's just...off. Almost like it's broken.

I think Larian did the best they could with what they had here. It's Wizards' fault for digging up the BG cast in their own lore and not letting it remain a mystery for PC gaming fans as to what happened to each character or what the canon BG ending was.

Slaver1

Savant
Sacrilege is what Larian have performed on Jaheira. It's such an uncanny, Pet Semetary style re-animation of who she was.
rh7zzeW.png

1670570945693-png.31369

Are you really going to tell me that these two look the same? Even her eye color got changed in BG2.

Look at the nose second one too. It's just...off.

I think Larian did the best they could with what they had here. It's Wizards' fault for digging up the BG cast in their own lore and not letting it remain a mystery for PC gaming fans as to what happened to each character or what the canon BG ending was.
They should indeed have made her more distinct (and older) instead of harking back to the Baldurs Gate 2 version, which was great. Nu-Jaheira is naught but a faded, pale imitation, a spectre, a mockery of the past.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
rh7zzeW.png

1670570945693-png.31369

Look at the nose second one too. It's just...off.

They should indeed have made her more distinct (and older) instead of harking back to the Baldurs Gate 2 version, which was great. Nu-Jaheira is naught but a faded, pale imitation, a spectre, a mockery of the past.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's really odd giving a game that was supposed to be released some time this year that was delayed until next year that's still in Early Access gets a reward. What's going to happen next? Is Todd going to anounce the TESVI game of the year edition?
It's because of the drought of games to participate in their stupid promo. Isn't this the second year for BG3 in the Game Awards, forgive me that I don't care to track such stuff?

It's really odd giving a game that was supposed to be released some time this year that was delayed until next year that's still in Early Access gets a reward. What's going to happen next? Is Todd going to anounce the TESVI game of the year edition?

?
The game didn't win a single award. It was on the show just as a trailer.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's more like Larians failed take on who she was in BG 2. Presumably she used arch-druid magic to preserve exactly how she "was" as Larian understand it.
Again, Larian didn't do that bad. They didn't make her coombait, when they probably could have. They kept her at least similar to her BG2 pic, which as I said isn't drawn in a way that lends itself to look good in 3D.

Maybe you just don't get how bad it could have been.

This is Jaheria according to Wizards of the Coast's last BG product:

1670575192032.png

This is her from their Idle Champions game:

1670575328766.png

I agree that the hair is too similar, but other than that, you have nothing to complain about. What specifically is wrong with her to you?

Other than her being old now, and a slutbag who couldn't wait to jump CHARNAME's bone after Khalid bit the dust, I mean. :M

Gradenmayer

Learned
rh7zzeW.png

1670570945693-png.31369

Look at the nose second one too. It's just...off. Almost like it's broken.

Not sure what the complaints are. She looks ugly as hell in all 3 games, so they kept it mostly accurate.

Slaver1

Savant
It's more like Larians failed take on who she was in BG 2. Presumably she used arch-druid magic to preserve exactly how she "was" as Larian understand it.
Again, Larian didn't do that bad. They didn't make her coombait, when they probably could have. They kept her at least similar to her BG2 pic, which as I said isn't drawn in a way that lends itself to look good in 3D.

Maybe you just don't get how bad it could have been.

This is Jaheria according to Wizards of the Coast's last BG product:

View attachment 31371

This is her from their Idle Champions game:

View attachment 31372

I agree that the hair is too similar, but other than that, you have nothing to complain about. What specifically is wrong with her to you?

Other than her being old now, and a slutbag who couldn't wait to jump CHARNAME's bone after Khalid bit the dust, I mean. :M
The accent is off. Original VA went in deeper and thicker. She/It doesn't look enough like Jaheira's BG 2 portrait which was more exotic and that I've been enamored with since childhood. The Belgian bootleg necromancy version is vanilla except for the dreads which are crudely used to conjure memories of Le Jaheira along with the faux accent without which no-one would know who the fuck Larian were presenting. Sure it could have been worse like the second pic but it's plenty bad enough in my book.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
However, Minsc is not the only returnee. Another companion from Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 can also be seen in the trailer: Half-elf Jaheira has aged noticeably compared to Minsc, but is still clearly recognizable. Game Director Swen Vincke told us in an interview that Minsc (and Boo) and Jaheira can be recruited as followers, but they can't be played as Origin characters themselves like Elf Astarion can, for example.
Interesting tidbit of information from a german site. So, Jaheira will be a companion just like Minsc. Neither, however, are playable. It's quite probable that neither will be romanceable either.

Shrimp

Arbiter
However, Minsc is not the only returnee. Another companion from Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 can also be seen in the trailer: Half-elf Jaheira has aged noticeably compared to Minsc, but is still clearly recognizable. Game Director Swen Vincke told us in an interview that Minsc (and Boo) and Jaheira can be recruited as followers, but they can't be played as Origin characters themselves like Elf Astarion can, for example.
Interesting tidbit of information from a german site. So, Jaheira will be a companion just like Minsc. Neither, however, are playable. It's quite probable that neither will be romanceable either.
I was wondering how they were going to handle the playable companions (playable as one's main character, not just a party member) thing when some of them were supposed to show up later in the game. I guess that solves it.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It's quite probable that neither will be romanceable either.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom