Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fargus

Arcane
I'd call it an ignoble end, but canon Abdel Adrian and the BG novelization are absolute fucking stinking piles of shit so...
They're ideal material for Larian
I read a bit about novelization. Hot garbage. Bodhi fangirling for main character was kinda funny though. Doesn't help that Abdel Adrian was supposed to look like Type O Negative singer lol.

Last edited:

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

aziz. Aziz! AZIZ LIGHT!!!!

Why why why does Drider need a lantern okay are wtf!! you can watch the trailer again and see at one minute and thirteen seconds is a lantern and at one minute and thirty seconds is a LANTERN! :hahano: They live in the dark okay and have the vision that lets them see in the dark and it would be like Shelobbed from the rings movie using the bottle of a star to see inside her lair okay and if it is because they are in the underworld where it is dark should not one of the other npcs be holding the lantern intstead because the Driman can see in the dark any wa this is so not dungeons and dragons. Spidermen needing a LANTERN! :argh:and I probably the monster chest scene with Boo is at the END GAME TOO!

Thanks,
Sherry

Gargaune

Magister
Do graphic design schools teach people to use this specific color palette for fantasy settings?
Thank you! It's not the worst I've seen lately, not even by a long shot, but still, why does it looks so... fairy tale-like? Especially since Larian seemed to have started out with a somewhat grittier, grimier tone, unless I'm misremembering.

Toussaint
That was CDPR mixing things up though, and in an expansion that explicitly leaned into the whole "fairy tale with a twist" thing. It was a very different affair from the likes of Velen and Novigrad and even Skellige's Skyrim++.

Reinhardt

Arcane
ok, sven, explain yourself. your trailer made me lose interest in your gaem in ~1 minute. couldn't even finish it. all skreeching about hp bloat, day/night shit and toilet chain couldn't. your trailer did.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
wut iz that... laqueesha thing?
A larper.
Seriously, some of these character models just look like a modern person in a costume.
Like, they just grabbed one of their interns and modeled her into the game without thinking "would someone in a fantasy world have hair like that?"
Or is wearing a mop on your head a common cultural phenomenon in Forgotten Realms?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Thank you! It's not the worst I've seen lately, not even by a long shot, but still, why does it looks so... fairy tale-like? Especially since Larian seemed to have started out with a somewhat grittier, grimier tone, unless I'm misremembering.
I started noticing such widespread abuse of colors about 5-6 years ago, in fantasy movies, tv shows, games. Maybe it was just as popular before that. It looks like the clashing colors are supposed to represent or accustom people to establishment ideas about diversity, etc. Maybe it's a feature of a social engineering effort emanating from some grimy think tank.

LostHisMarbles

Learned
Wonderful stuff.. and so novel! Niggers, dykes, ugly faces so as not to offend, romances.. mtf.

If i may humbly apologise to every 'Dexer, ever, for saying "Swen is a bro" on a previous incarnation.
I swear brothers, i didn't know; hope was still a thing and D:OS I had yet to release, forgive me.

I repent,
LostHisMarbles.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I suppose none of you who are reacting to dykeness of this gaem are aware of the direction tabletop D&D is taking. Let's just say that it's at least consistent with Larianshit in this regard :lol:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hi.

Why why why does Drider need a lantern okay are wtf!! you can watch the trailer again and see at one minute and thirteen seconds is a lantern and at one minute and thirty seconds is a LANTERN! :hahano: They live in the dark okay and have the vision that lets them see in the dark and it would be like Shelobbed from the rings movie using the bottle of a star to see inside her lair okay and if it is because they are in the underworld where it is dark should not one of the other npcs be holding the lantern intstead because the Driman can see in the dark any wa this is so not dungeons and dragons. Spidermen needing a LANTERN! :argh:and I probably the monster chest scene with Boo is at the END GAME TOO!

Thanks,
Sherry
Admit it, Anonymous Wife Scholar was your alt

Larianshill

Arbiter
Hi.

Thanks,
Sherry
It's a special magic lantern required to travel to the Moonrise Towers, it protects you from the shadow magic polluting it.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
ok, sven, explain yourself. your trailer made me lose interest in your gaem in ~1 minute. couldn't even finish it. all skreeching about hp bloat, day/night shit and toilet chain couldn't. your trailer did.
Someone hacked our servers and changed the good trailer with this one, I assume it was a bulgarian.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I am still concerned about the fact, that we haven't seen any new companions since the EA release. I was hoping for at least double the amount on release. Current amount +1 or 2 won't cut it.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
How many black people would even play this? I thought they tend to prefer fighting games, don't give a shit about RPGs. And a token lesbian wouldn't do anything to change that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom