Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Late Bloomer

Scholar
How many black people would even play this? I thought they tend to prefer fighting games, don't give a shit about RPGs. And a token lesbian wouldn't do anything to change that.

I really dont think its about having black people play their game. They wont. I think its about making the people that do play their games (white people) somehow feel better about themselves. To show how accepting and progressive they are. To show how inclusive they are. Sadly, the people who are bothered by this are a minority. The normies just dont give a shit one way or another. They just consume.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
How many black people would even play this? I thought they tend to prefer fighting games, don't give a shit about RPGs. And a token lesbian wouldn't do anything to change that.

I really dont think its about having black people play their game. They wont. I think its about making the people that do play their games (white people) somehow feel better about themselves. To show how accepting and progressive they are. To show how inclusive they are. Sadly, the people who are bothered by this are a minority. The normies just dont give a shit one way or another. They just consume.
I agree with that. But the public premise is they want to represent all of their fans. Which seems like complete BS. Black RPG players are extremely rare.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Since there will be a console version there might be one or two blacks who pick this up by accident because they misread it as a new GTA.

Fargus

Arcane
Since there will be a console version there might be one or two blacks who pick this up by accident because they misread it as a new GTA.

309078c60b53c9f6b2ad6e49cdda98ef.jpg

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Okay, okay you got me.

The reason is we need those high scores from all those woke gaming journalists, besides them nobody cares.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Who cares if there are black people in the game, you have to worry about important things like kobolds.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
God I thought I was watching Dragon Age for a second there.

Why do all the major RPG devs seem to converge on the same kind of cookie-cutter, clean and colorful aesthetic?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The accent is off. Original VA went in deeper and thicker.
Sounds almost exactly like her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same actress.
She/It doesn't look enough like Jaheira's BG 2 portrait which was more exotic and that I've been enamored with since childhood.
It's not drawn realistically. The general asymmetry and her broken looking nose would look freakish in 3D. It's like you're asking for an accurate 3D rendering of a Picasso painting. It's just not drawn to be realistic, but stylistic. I guess they could have made her more Asian looking, but really, you're just attached to an art style, not a character.
The Belgian bootleg necromancy version is vanilla except for the dreads which are crudely used to conjure memories of Le Jaheira along with the faux accent without which no-one would know who the fuck Larian were presenting. Sure it could have been worse like the second pic but it's plenty bad enough in my book.
I know you have a hardon for a JPEG, but try not to get this carried away.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
God I thought I was watching Dragon Age for a second there.

Why do all the major RPG devs seem to converge on the same kind of cookie-cutter, clean and colorful aesthetic?
Probably because their engines weren't built for this, so all the shaders and stuff an Unreal Engine game would use to blend things together with lighting and shadows aren't present.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Do graphic design schools teach people to use this specific color palette for fantasy settings? Why do all of these "liberal" fantasy games look like this now?
Oh, this? I was referring to the character pallets above.

Nah, I think it's just political. Can't have it look like England or Germany. Has to look like Italy or Spain at the very whitest.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Sounds almost exactly like her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same actress.
Jaheira's VA hasn't worked on anything since 2001. When was the last time you heard Jaheira's voice? It sounds nothing like her, the new actress can't even get the accent right.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Bioware, Owlcat and Larian games are so visually and thematically similar now that I can't be assed to tell them apart.

Yet another poorly written "RPG" with a cast of ugly, pansexual characters in perfectly clean and pristine environments.

It's like a fucking AI made these games.

Fargus

Arcane
What happens if someone who actually fucks frying pans wants to get into LGBTRGBWGHGHFHJFBFBJJBVJBVBHVBHQWERTY-+ mafia? Will this be a degenerate fight to the death for the title of true pansexual?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
pansexual
It's been years and i still don't know what this means in degeneratish. Someone who fucks pans?

The characters in this game should aspire to have the personality of my well seasoned pans.

Without playing the game my initial assumptions about the companions are:

• Fugly gay vampire elf that's annoying as shit
  • Fuglier female elf that's even more annoying
  • Token normal white male human
  • Hyper-militant Gith that is likely a defrosting ice queen, possibly the only interesting character if they have good writers, but they don't so she isn't. Also Gith lay eggs, so make of that what you will.
  • Token normal non-white human. Possibly also devil-worshiper vibes so I'm assuming they're a munchkin multiclasser or just a lame warlock, cause the level cap is what... 4?!

4?! I can't be reading that right, you don't even get extra attacks yet. Level 5 should be the minimum...

:deathclaw:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
pansexual
It's been years and i still don't know what this means in degeneratish. Someone who fucks pans?
It means they fuck everyone.
Apparently bisexual wasn't inclooosive enough because it didn't cover trans, so they came up with a new term to cover those as well.
So they're pedophiles?
There might be an overlap

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom