Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This is the default humans... people are looking forward to this, and paying money for this.

Imagine getting CUCKED out of playing good video games, because the default skin is american flavored instead of european flavored. What a cuckold, getting your hobby fucked by the libs, and you just watch and jerk off.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
This is the default humans... people are looking forward to this, and paying money for this.

Imagine getting CUCKED out of playing good video games, because the default skin is american flavored instead of european flavored. What a cuckold, getting your hobby fucked by the libs, and you just watch and jerk off.

Why do you bother?

Padzi

Arbiter
This is the default humans... people are looking forward to this and giving them money.

No, this is default human according to Larian's data:

news_hotfix.0.png

Never forget.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

I watch and laugh. I find it hilarious people like you exist. :lol:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Imagine getting CUCKED out of playing good video games, because the default skin is british flavored instead of american flavored.
This is good video games now. Let that sink in.

8212E5D396E203BC6F189A00B811955E257D8F34
Literally proving me right when you want to cite a reason why BG3 is bad, and your instinct is "its bad because there's americans in it". Not the UI, not the turn based to real time stealth thingy, not minor actions changes and their implementation, not the verticality and pushing objects and how powerful they are, but the americans.
Seek help, my dude.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
They don't really require mental gymnastics when there are in game ways to permanently lose NPCs, like Necrolord said enough damage and your companions can get gibbed and removed from existence for one example.
Resurrection in AD&D had very specific rules and metaphysical implications. Sadly I can't find the RAW. Lower level spells needed a mostly intact corpse, higher level spells worked with just bits. There was also the chance the spirit of the deceased simply wouldn't want to come back or couldn't be contacted. Considering Irenicus specialized in Soul Fuckery he may have simply annihilated it, too.
Well this is interesting. I could've sworn that Jaheira actually had a dialogue about why Khalid can't be brought back, but if there is, I can't find it by Googling around. Might have to replay BG2 in the new year.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Imagine getting CUCKED out of playing good video games, because the default skin is british flavored instead of american flavored.

Literally proving me right when you want to cite a reason why BG3 is bad, and your instinct is "its bad because there's americans in it". Not the UI, not the turn based to real time stealth thingy, not minor actions changes and their implementation, not the verticality and pushing objects and how powerful they are, but the americans.
Seek help, my dude.

Its not Americans though. He based those on brits. Americans are lighter skinned. You can figure out why. The game is going to be shit regardless. Its normie trash for normies.

Barbarian

Arcane
Honestly as long as bullshit content is optional I don't really care.

Concerning kingmaker for instance, it was cool to bitch and moan about the orc/elf alphabet couple in an "open relationship". The fact is you can you tell them to fuck off the moment you meet them and never see them again in the game. So who cares I guess. It is sad that the studio spent time and money creating said content, but there are many degenerates who appreciate it and buy the game for it.

As for being offended by the possibility of customizing your character to be a shitskin... maybe you are taking this a bit far my dude.

Harthwain

Magister
This is the default humans... people are looking forward to this and giving them money.
Default or random? And do you really think majority of people who play RPGs (as declined as they may be) would accept a default character just like that? There is a reason why Larian complained about majority of characters being white humans - because they were most likely self-inserts and didn't explore more crazy stuff. Me? I would either make a regular human OR go really crazy with character creation. Provided that character creator is good enough.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
As for being offended by the possibility of customizing your character to be a shitskin... maybe you are taking this a bit far my dude.

What are youn even talking about. Who mentioned that? Its the default character model for human. The default characters are always painstakingly created to best represent each race. I find it hilarious they would choose a british black male/female as their default human. Its a statement, nothing else.

Yes, default.

Barbarian

Arcane

What are youn even talking about. Who mentioned that? Its the default character model for human. The default characters are always painstakingly created to best represent each race. I find it hilarious they would choose a british black male/female as their default human. Its a statement, nothing else.

Yes, default.

So you change skin color and features to white and start the game. Waste about a minute and get offended. Or play a negro if that is your thing. :1/5:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's not what you can pick it's what they decided to show the world, faggots.

I also love how the lesbo scene lasts a nanosecond before it is cut away. Much stunning, so brave, but only for a second wouldn't to risk our game not selling or something.

Harthwain

Magister
Yes, default.
OK, so what? I will repeat myself: who is dumb enough to go with whatever when playing an RPG? "Normies" either play what they want or enjoy LARPing their characters. Neither type would pick "Yeah, let's go with whatever appears on the screen".

Also, I have my doubts about your "The default characters are always painstakingly created to best represent each race" statement. It is not that hard to make a preset character (or multiple presets, some games do that. Or go totally into random generation, hence my initial question) and I am equally doubtful they exist to "best represent each race". More like to provide a template, because something has to appear on the screen.

This theory of yours is even further undermined by the Larian's reaction:
What the hell guys. We have you demon eyes, horns, and even tails. We are sorely disappointed. Go crazy. We worked hard on this!
They aren't disappointed that people take white people over black people. They are disappointed people take PEOPLE over more exotic choices. Seriously, your opinion appears to colour ( :smug:) your judgement a bit too much.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Seek help, my dude.
Dats rite, the only way a game becomes completely fucking unplayable is if you put a fucking disgusting Bulgarian in it. Swen already showed off the ogre sex interruption so that's already fucking confirmed. Never playing this shit game.

Barbarian

Arcane
What was the last mainstream rpg game that didn't feature sodomites? Nwn2?

Current year even russian studios go for this. I quit playing Wotr after a literal lesbian half-orc paladin and her "wife" were shoved in my face several times.

Aside from the rare eventual indie such as Kingdom Come and Battle Brothers we are kind of stuck with this bullshit.

Dats rite, the only way a game becomes completely fucking unplayable is if you put a fucking disgusting Bulgarian in it. Swen already showed off the ogre sex interruption so that's already fucking confirmed. Never playing this shit game.
Wait, what? "Ogre sex interruption"?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, what? "Ogre sex interruption"?
Man you guys are missing out. That was fucking hilarious. It was one of the last things I did in Early Access before hanging up the game to wait for release.

It's also far less "woke" and more like making fun of chubby chasers. I couldn't believe they put it in in current year.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
They aren't disappointed that people take white people over black people.

They wouldnt have said a damn thing if the aggrigate human everyone created was a black dude. The reason they chose the default human to be black is because they didnt want it to be white. That is why they talked shit when the found out everyone made a white dude.

lso, I have my doubts about your "The default characters are always painstakingly created to best represent each race" statement

When money is involved, everything is painstakingly done. They aren't just throwing a random generator at this. Its done with a purpose. Crafted by professional game developers and apporved by marketing.

I am equally doubtful they exist to "best represent each race"

Why wouldnt they be? If you were to make a game you would just throw some random dwarf on screen to represnt how people view dwarves upon first inspeciton? Not me. Nor would a company who has millions of dollars on the line. It's the first character everyone looks at when going through the race selection. The best example of what that race offers the player.

You are a moron.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom