Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Typical NPCs on thinking critically about any popular social issue: "I don't like to talk about politics."

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
maybe in Kwanzania
I've lived in Europe, dude. It's like this everywhere, even parts of Eastern Europe to a degree. Especially with women, but that's to be expected.

NPCs have some kind of innate instinct that lets them know not to care about or notice the issues that get them shitcanned from life for going against.

They cede the battle before they even acknowledging that there's an enemy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
maybe in Kwanzania
I've lived in Europe, dude. It's like this everywhere, even parts of Eastern Europe to a degree. Especially with women, but that's to be expected.

NPCs have some kind of innate instinct that lets them know not to care about or notice the issues that get them shitcanned from life for going against.

They cede the battle before they even acknowledging that there's an enemy.

Or maybe you're just an insufferable twat ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
that get them shitcanned from life for going against.

I work as the lead advisor for a party leader on the far (well, far in americanized terms anyway) political left of a party in Danish parliament, I have public anti-woke views and it is literally a non-issue. In fact, I'm probably part of the majority.

The Twitter bubble and entertainment industry's cancelling are by and large American and British issues. Maybe that's why you can't help notice them everywhere

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's like this everywhere, even parts of Eastern Europe to a degree. Especially with women, but that's to be expected
Can confirm.
However, the issue is acceptance. People here do not accept this shit so easily. The ones who do are, to no one's surprise, mostly women!

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

I work as the lead advisor for a party leader on the far political left of a party in Danish parliament, I have public anti-woke views and it is literally a non-issue. In fact, I'm probably part of the majority.

The Twitter bubble and entertainment industry's cancelling are by and large American and British issues. Maybe that's why you can't help notice them everywhere
Danes are a bit special. Try that shit in Sweden.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I work as the lead advisor for a party leader on the far political left of a party in Danish parliament, I have public anti-woke views and it is literally a non-issue. In fact, I'm probably part of the majority.

Danes are a bit special. Try that shit in Sweden.

It's the Swedes that are special in this regard. No other European country save Britain - not even France or Germany - are remotely close to the Swedish culture in this regard.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
:updatedmytxt:

Yeah, I can say that this isn't the norm in most Western countries.

But the shitcanned thing is only really referring to America and anything further left - Germany, France, England, etc.
The Twitter bubble an entertainment industry cancelling are by and large American and British issues. Maybe that's why you can't help notice them everywhere
No, I've personally seen it with others as well, or at least the attitude. I'm not basing this off Twitter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You guys shilling the "but BG1 just started out in Candlekeep!" angle are being a bit disingenuous to ignore all of this.
Yeah, funny that. Many people have said that this game is Baldur's Gate in name only, that it's not a true sequel and so on. And they have a point. But in terms of power progression and "epicness" specifically, Larian are actually giving us the third game in a series.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

You guys shilling the "but BG1 just started out in Candlekeep!" angle are being a bit disingenuous to ignore all of this.
Yeah, funny that. Many people have said that this game is Baldur's Gate in name only, that it's not a true sequel and so on. And they have a point. But in terms of power progression and "epicness" specifically, Larian are actually giving us the third game in a series.
A proper sequel would be a Semi-Divine campaign.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah, funny that. Many people have said that this game is Baldur's Gate in name only, that it's not a true sequel and so on. And they have a point. But in terms of power progression and "epicness" specifically, Larian are actually giving us the third game in a Michael Bay adaptation of the series.
Fixed it for ya.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The Twitter bubble an entertainment industry cancelling are by and large American and British issues. Maybe that's why you can't help notice them everywhere
No, I've personally seen it with others as well, or at least the attitude. I'm not basing this off Twitter.

To clarify, I'm not saying this is just an internet issue. I'm saying that the overt stuff like getting fired for having a slightly off-brand political opinion or political correctness dominating a public space is (for the most part) a specifically American and British issue. Sensitivity training is a good measuring stick for this; it is widespread in most workplaces in American and Britain, but extremely rare (and very lowkey when it is even used) in the rest of the west.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Or maybe you're just an insufferable twat ;)
Well, here, sure, but I do try to be polite in real life.

I tend to avoid topics that might cause NPCs to irrationally lash out, like saying that I like Baldur's Gate 3 or something. :M
Well-adjusted people are extremely sensitive to anything that doesn't sound completely ordinary. Just a whiff of non-standard political (or other) opinions is enough to make them fuck off for good. You don't even need to bring anything up explicitly. Anything that makes them the slightest bit uncomfortable will do it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
A proper sequel would be a Semi-Divine campaign.
That would have been cool, if Black Isle were the ones making it, it were using 2.5e and we weren't living in Clown World 2022.

Personally, I'm glad that the worst the original BG series has seen is Beamdog.

There's no need for a "true" sequel at all. This is just a new game that will hopefully be fun and a little nostalgic. D&D died after AD&D anyway.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I will say that if and when you see a tranny character in BG3 (probably gonna be the tiefling party member, which would also be kind of fitting), you can all laugh at me for having preordered this like a typical boomer consumer.

Though, in my defense, I don't think trannyism was quite this pervasive back in 2020. :M
What's wrong with tranny characters in BG3? You know you can do whatever you want rigth? Kill em all if you want, it's your game and your choice.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But then you have Wrath of the Tranny

Are there actually that many trannies in Wrath? I'm playing it but I'm speedreading most dialogue. While the game is certainly extremely weird and overtly "sex positive 2022-style" about the whole sex-thing, I haven't noticed much genderbending

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I'm saying that the overt stuff like getting fired for having a slightly off-brand political opinion or political correctness dominating a public space is (for the most part) a specifically American and British issue.
Pretty sure Germany sends people to prison for anti-LGBT speech and Holocaust denial. Australia doesn't look kindly on not being woke as well.

The entire West is subservient to the American/British system to some degree, so it really doesn't matter which country you go to. Just a question of how far along they are.

Good to know that Denmark has some sense left though.
Well-adjusted people are extremely sensitive to anything that doesn't sound completely ordinary. Just a whiff of non-standard political opinions is enough to make them fuck off for good. You don't even need to bring anything up explicitly. Anything that makes them the slightest bit uncomfortable will do it.
I always say that the "American Dream" is more a state of mind - sleep, specifically. NPCs tolerate woke just fine. But they absolutely hate being woken up.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Sven, if you are reading this - I will forgive you everything (even the woolen shirt in D:OS2) if you find some way to incorporate Imoen Romance Mod into this game.

Preferably the original one.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Are there actually that many trannies in Wrath?
The first NPC you meet is a tranny who's married to an orc. And he's with you for pretty much the rest of the game. Thank Amber Scott for that.

As for others, not sure. I quit playing after a while. Probably though.

I know there's a gay or bisexual furry, and a gay or bisexual tiefling, a coprophiliac, a cannibal, some faggot elf-looking guy who has orgies... You get the picture.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm saying that the overt stuff like getting fired for having a slightly off-brand political opinion or political correctness dominating a public space is (for the most part) a specifically American and British issue.
Pretty sure Germany sends people to prison for anti-LGBT speech and Holocaust denial.

Thinking that Germany's approach to Holocaust denial is "woke" belies the lack of knowledge you have to have to classify all these diverse issues into the same bucket of wokeness.

Germany's democratic model is militant and has been since the end of the war - meaning that unlike Scandinavian or south European states, it is par for the course for German law to directly prohibit anti-democratic expression.

It's not "woke", it's a centuries-old legal tradition.

The entire West is subservient to the American/British system to some degree

american detected

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom