Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
For him, everything past lv 4 is "epic level"... He din't casted a single iconic mid level spell like stoneskin.
Sarevok closed the gap pretty quickly. You're also putting a lot of stock into a cutscene that's representational and the devs probably didn't want to go on forever.

Being able to kill or severely wound a red dragon is an epic feat, regardless. We are never told Gorion's level, so it's what we have to go on. Along with all of his Harper and Wizard connections, which mark him as a very well-connected figure who'd earned the loyalty of some of the most powerful people in Tamriel. Hardly a nobody.

Being Gorion's ward and growing up in Candlekeep isn't far from being Elminster's ward. How many nobody adventurers in a tavern just happen to have grown up in a place Khelben Blackstaff regularly visits?

Not sure why you're embarrassing yourself with this argument. It's like you're saying you want an "ordinary background", but also wouldn't mind starting in Avalon tutored by Merlin's step-brother. :roll:

I think your initial ignorance of the setting probably made you think of BG1 player backstory as more nondescript than it was.

And as someone who spended DECADES in candlekeep, he should know a few mid level spells. I'm not saying that he should be able to cast wish and stop time, but he should be around lv 9~12.
Why you would expect Gorion to cast time stop or any higher level spell whether he was level 12 or level 20? BG1 didn't have those spells in its code.

You're also still failing to understand that drama trumps accuracy in a cutscene.

The best they had. That's such a cope. You're saying they didn't have the manpower to implement continuing to fire magic missiles, or fire arrows, or fireballs, or anything... they showed a frail old man fighting for his life with a dagger... because of technical limitations.
Yes. If they had budget, it probably would have been a graphical cutscene instead of an in-game one. But they didn't.

And they probably didn't want a drawn out battle when they had a limited spell list to draw from and watching Sarevok whack Gorion over and over until his stoneskin spell wore off would have been idiotic.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
These levels of autism are the reason threads like this should be closed until actual updates to the game occur
It's mainly coming from the doomers, some of whom who cry foul for this and then play Wrath of the Tranny for hours on end.

It's always the same stuff over and over:
>it's not a sequel because it's not the same main character!
>it's too flashy an intro!

It's been like this since the first trailer was released. Let it go, spergs. You know you're not going to like the game, so why do you camp out here repeating yourselves?

I can understand wanting to hate on new info, but none of your complaints are even close to new.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
These levels of autism are the reason threads like this should be closed until actual updates to the game occur
It's mainly coming from the doomers, some of whom who cry foul for this and then play Wrath of the Tranny for hours on end.

It's always the same stuff over and over:
>it's not a sequel because it's not the same main character!
>it's too flashy an intro!

It's been like this since the first trailer was released. Let it go, spergs. You know you're not going to like the game, so why do you camp out here repeating yourselves?

I can understand wanting to hate on new info, but none of your complaints are even close to new.
Or maybe we're just talking and have a different point of view and don't blindly love your favourite game. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. I know that at least a few of the people that are rustling your jimmies already bought the thing, so... you can't complain if you didn't buy it, but you also shouldn't discuss it or complain if you did buy it? Mmhmm.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Or maybe we're just talking and have a different point of view and don't blindly love your favourite game. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
Sounds like I hit a nerve.
I know that at least a few of the people that are rustling your jimmies already bought the thing, so... you can't complain if you didn't buy it, but you also shouldn't discuss it or complain if you did buy it? Mmhmm.
Apparently you have a reading problem. I said you can complain, but there's not really much of a point in complaining about the same thing over and over.

Up to you though. You've wasted over two years coming to this thread and crying about the intro cutscene and the title. Nothing I say could possibly be more damaging than what you've already done to yourself. :M

mediocrepoet

Patron
Or maybe we're just talking and have a different point of view and don't blindly love your favourite game. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
Sounds like I hit a nerve.
I know that at least a few of the people that are rustling your jimmies already bought the thing, so... you can't complain if you didn't buy it, but you also shouldn't discuss it or complain if you did buy it? Mmhmm.
Apparently you have a reading problem. I said you can complain, but there's not really much of a point in complaining about the same thing over and over.

Up to you though. You've wasted over two years coming to this thread and crying about the intro cutscene and the title. Nothing I say could possibly be more damaging than what you've already done to yourself. :M
No I didn't, but ok.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
so this is what the rpg version of "captain america would totally beat spiderman" "nuh uh" "ye-heah" looks like
No, it's the RPG version of a Star Trek convention where some fat, sweaty nerd is asking why they didn't reroute power to the deflectors or whatever, and William Shatner just looks at him like he's a moron and tells him it's a TV show.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
so this is what the rpg version of "captain america would totally beat spiderman" "nuh uh" "ye-heah" looks like
No, it's the RPG version of a Star Trek convention where some fat, sweaty nerd is asking why they didn't reroute power to the deflectors or whatever, and William Shatner just looks at him like he's a moron and tells him it's a TV show.

An apt comparison except both mediocrepoet and rusty are fat nerds in this instance

mediocrepoet

Patron
Thanks bro. Didn't realize you were fat and sweaty. Be kind to yourself.

Codex Year of the Donut

An apt comparison except both mediocrepoet and rusty are fat nerds in this instance
I am William Shatner (non Jewish version)

BruceVC

Magister
Edgy when you made this post were you thinking about Viconia when she fucked that sweaty, fat Calimshan merchant to death ...I was :hug:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I am William Shatner (non Jewish version)
89abe98de6071178edb1b28901a8f459.jpg

:bounce:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This game won't actually be limited to level 4 right?
Swen said the max level in the final game will be higher than 10, but lower than 20.

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/bg3-what-is-the-maximum-level/zf4704
Sven Vincke, the creative director of Larian Studios, revealed during one of the Panel of Hell presentations that the maximum level will be higher than 10, but lower than 20. The developers had originally planned to introduce a level cap of 10, but testing led the developers to the conclusion that it should be increased.
Before this in an ama, he said that it would be a cap of 10.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This game won't actually be limited to level 4 right?
Swen said the max level in the final game will be higher than 10, but lower than 20.

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/bg3-what-is-the-maximum-level/zf4704
Sven Vincke, the creative director of Larian Studios, revealed during one of the Panel of Hell presentations that the maximum level will be higher than 10, but lower than 20. The developers had originally planned to introduce a level cap of 10, but testing led the developers to the conclusion that it should be increased.
Before this in an ama, he said that it would be a cap of 10.

Any guess?

My guess is that the level cap will be 12.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Could be a class specific cap like the BG series. But 12 is as good a guess as any.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom