Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd just like to apologize to rusty et al. I recognize now that you just have to use your imagination to really capture how epic wizards like Gorion really are. Mea culpa.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I'm not too proud/narrow minded to admit that the news of Jaheira and Minsc got my interest piqued a bit in this game, whereas before I had none. So I go and look up 'BG3 companions' on Youtube, and this is what came up:

I've never actually played a Larian game, but I hear they have a quirky sense of humour. So is this it? Is this the tone of the game?. It comes across like someone created AI and fed a load of formulas and algorithms into it with the result supposed to be 'RPG writing'.

I'm just thinking of what Korgan or Edwin or any of the BG characters would have said in that situation. And I think all of them would have been more funny and interesting than these party members. They're like uncanny valley AI sexdolls.

just

Liturgist
So I'm not too proud/narrow minded to admit that the news of Jaheira and Minsc got my interest piqued a bit in this game, whereas before I had none. So I go and look up 'BG3 companions' on Youtube, and this is what came up:

I've never actually played a Larian game, but I hear they have a quirky sense of humour. So is this it? Is this the tone of the game?. It comes across like someone created AI and fed a load of formulas and algorithms into it with the result supposed to be 'RPG writing'.

I'm just thinking of what Korgan or Edwin or any of the BG characters would have said in that situation. And I think all of them would have been more funny and interesting than these party members. They're like uncanny valley AI sexdolls.

in final release you'll be able to join for a threesome

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Korgan has too much badass dwarf testosterone to bring back in BG3.
He is too problematic for "current year"...

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If they can write the characters of Minsc and Jaheira properly, I might buy it when it comes out. If they can't, I wont even bother to buy it for £1 in a sale years later.

Yes, I know - Larian are devastated by the loss of this x1 grognard sale.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So I'm not too proud/narrow minded to admit that the news of Jaheira and Minsc got my interest piqued a bit in this game, whereas before I had none.
So the cheesiest, most hammy thing about the game, probably mandated by WotC, got you interested. Interesting.

Also interesting that you've known about the Minsc thing since 2019:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...go-to-new-thread.127856/page-250#post-6459913

Yes, you just happened to find the ogre sex scene. You just happened to look up the joke scene everyone has known about for years, and then pretend to take it as an example of typical gameplay.

Couldn't have anything to do with you commenting on the game off and on since 2019, could it?

I get that you want to brofist harvest or whatever, but be less obvious about it. :roll:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Could be a class specific cap like the BG series. But 12 is as good a guess as any.

BG1/2 uses AD&D 2e rules and under this rules, certain classes like thieves level up way faster than mages for eg, 5E is vastly different and has 4e style "tiers" of play with power spikes. Having a lv 7 mage and a lv 11 thief in the same 2E party works fine. In 5E, having a lv 10 class A and a lv 11 class B would break the game.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
pretend to take it as an example of typical gameplay.
Hey we could also talk about the "I'm not a pedophile but here's how I'd do animations for halfling sex" incident again.
The one where some random sperg posted weird shit on the forum over the holidays while the mods were on vacation and the images were immediately removed when they got back, and the thread locked?

You might as well talk about the forum you're posting on right now, and the infamous 'loli gang'.

Last edited:

FriendlyMerchant

I'd just like to apologize to rusty et al. I recognize now that you just have to use your imagination to really capture how epic wizards like Gorion really are. Mea culpa.

Something is wrong with that interface. That doesn't like like BG1 at all so it must not be.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I'm not too proud/narrow minded to admit that the news of Jaheira and Minsc got my interest piqued a bit in this game, whereas before I had none.
So the cheesiest, most hammy thing about the game, probably mandated by WotC, got you interested. Interesting.

Also interesting that you've known about the Minsc thing since 2019:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...go-to-new-thread.127856/page-250#post-6459913

Yes, you just happened to find the ogre sex scene. You just happened to look up the joke scene everyone has known about for years, and then pretend to take it as an example of typical gameplay.

Couldn't have anything to do with you commenting on the game off and on since 2019, could it?

I get that you want to brofist harvest or whatever, but be less obvious about it. :roll:

It must be hard typing through all those tears. Why don't you give it a rest? Swen will be okay if you don't white knight 24/7.

rojay

Scholar
Cock blocking an ogre.

Defending a game in which you cock block an ogre.

Defending a game in which you cock block an ogre and all of your companions have chirps about it.

WHAT A COUNTRY!

/smirnov

BruceVC

Magister
On a serious note what other older BG characters, apart from Minsc and Jaheira, will be making an appearance in the highly anticipated BG3? I have intentionally avoided learning too much about this game apart from official Larain update videos

Do we know who else?

Larianshill

Arbiter
There's a splatbook of dubious canonicity that claims Edwin is still alive and is disguised as a wizard who lives in Baldur's Gate. That same wizard is mentioned by name in BG3, but we don't know if he's Edwin or not.

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
Edwin eventually managed to remove the Girdle of Gender Changing, but the long years of living as a woman had left its mark: in BG3 we find him struggling to accept her gender identity. It will be a beautiful tale of inner growth and acceptance, 10/10 GOTY.

Codex Year of the Donut

"nooo stop making fun of chubby chasers! I LOVE UGLY CHUBBY WOMEN STOP IT SWEN STOP IT!!!!!" - chippy

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Oh god I remember this and the halfling sex shit. I thought I just dreamt that up as part of a fever dream. When you make literal sex games and Baldur's Gate wildly blows past you on the fetish scale.

:despair:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom