Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
those aren't maps you actually travel on you tard, BG3 has one of those too
Nigger, HOW do you not travel on them?
Wow, holy shit! BG3 also has a worldmap? Why, I never.

Codex Year of the Donut
those aren't maps you actually travel on you tard, BG3 has one of those too
Nigger, HOW do you not travel on them?
The map he posted is the local area map. The maps you posted are world maps.
The BG1 equivalent is this:
image.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
wait, did you guys not know he posted a map that's generated from the game itself?

it's just the play world with the camera directly above it

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

Magenta: distance from candlekeep to Baldur's Gate
Cyan: rough distance of the act 1 surface map in BG3

One of these is considered cramped, the other is somehow a perfect example of what the cramped one should be like.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
image.png

One of these is considered cramped, the other is somehow a perfect example of what the cramped one should be like.
So your gotcha moment is that the one that's like 1/5 the length of the other also has like 3x the events and crap stuffed in it but is also not cramped because the only difference is no loading screens. Ok.

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

So your gotcha moment is that the one that's like 1/5 the length of the other also has like 3x the events and crap stuffed in it but is also not cramped because the only difference is no loading screens. Ok.
"the entirety of swordcoast should be an inn and a farm that takes 2 minutes to walk across"

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

"the entirety of swordcoast should be an inn and a farm that takes 2 minutes to walk across"
That's not even good bait. I guess even trolls get holiday brain.
Are you denying that this is how BG1 represents the area between Candlekeep and the city?

Dr1f7

Scholar
guys i came up with a larian quest what do u think:

you walk thru forest and heccin' cute caterino follows u say "MEOW" every 10 seconds

65b1da6367950ed1b0f5b6f597eb1404.jpg

cat: MEOW
party member 1: OY I'M ABOUT 2 GIV' THAT BAG o' HAIR A BEATIN IT CANT CASH IF IT DONT KNO WHAT GOOD 4 IT
party member 2: It seems we've a new feline friend!
party member 1: FRIEND? THE RODENT WILL LOOK QUITE FRIENDLY ON MA DINNER PLATE WONT IT?!?!? HA HA HA

You:
  1. Leave the heccin' cuterino furball alone, Shrek!
  2. I could use some new fur to line my boots..
  3. [CAT-FRIEND Talent: Speak to cat] MEOEW MOEW OMEWO MEOW MEOW MEOW
  4. [LINK YOUR TWITCH ACCOUNT TO BG3 FOR THIS OPTION]: Poll your Twitch chat!

Codex Year of the Donut
guys i came up with a larian quest what do u think:

you walk thru forest and heccin' cute caterino follows u say "MEOW" every 10 seconds

65b1da6367950ed1b0f5b6f597eb1404.jpg

party member 1: OY I'M ABOUT 2 GIV' THAT BAG o' HAIR A BEATIN IT CANT CASH IF IT DONT KNO WHAT GOOD 4 IT
party member 2: It seems we've a new feline friend!
party member 1: FRIEND? THE RODENT WILL LOOK QUITE FRIENDLY ON MA DINNER PLATE WONT IT?!?!? HA HA HA

You:
  1. Leave the heccin' cuterino furball alone, Shrek!
  2. I could use some new fur to line my boots..
  3. [CAT-FRIEND Talent: Speak to cat] MEOEW MOEW OMEWO MEOW MEOW MEOW
  4. [LINK YOUR TWITCH ACCOUNT TO BG3 FOR THIS OPTION]: Poll your Twitch chat!
are we pretending this isn't how interactions with Boo go in BG2?

memories of a goldfish, the lot of you

Reinhardt

Arcane
image.png

Are you denying that this is how BG1 represents the area between Candlekeep and the city?
still better than "everytime i go outside i have to beat gobbos, druids, giant spiders and undeads with stick so i could shit in peace"

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

still better than "everytime i go outside i have to beat gobbos, druids, giant spiders and undeads with stick so i could shit in peace"
because it's xvarts instead?

shit the farm has a fucking ankheg colony under it

Reinhardt

Arcane
image.png

because it's xvarts instead?

shit the farm has a fucking ankheg colony under it
well, now it has ankheg colony, firewine ruins AND nashkel mines.

Reinhardt

Arcane
that shit was already dumb in dos. larian cannot into adventure feelz anymore, their games are just series of fights. seriously, they would be better doing that cancelled tacticool game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
that shit was already dumb in dos. larian cannot into adventure feelz anymore, their games are just series of fights. seriously, they would be better doing that cancelled tacticool game.
how would you know? your potato can't play the game
my potato pc is fine. my potato wartime internet is shit. different things. problem with bg3 it's not even worth dowloading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom