Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

scytheavatar

Scholar
Booted BG3 just to see the current state of the game and I have this odd feeling that much hasn't changed? Like graphics ,movies and meaningless shit to impress consoomers doesnt matter for me, they didn't include much from the supplemental materials and the new class additions feels barebones, for example as paladins not being to choose a deity for their roleplay ?
Visually the character creation pretty much the same with the same template faces where you can dye your weird AI generated creature with funky colors this time. No other options like race variants or choosing equipment to at least give some flavor to your character background.
Game is releasing in august but I see too many skeletons and not much meat around me. Compared to DoS2 at least I felt they made their presentation pretty robust in terms of content and character creation.

Companions I just plan to eject them at the first possible chance and create a custom character even if I'm losing story content from, I think I never met a so unlikable line up of character in my life.

Paladins in 5e are supposed to swear to their oath and not to deities, though in the Forgotten Realms they are supposed to always have deities. WOTC has been extremely vague about this and has mostly let the DM do whatever they want with this issue, you can read about this here:

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/153477/do-forgotten-realms-paladins-have-to-follow-a-deity

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
scytheavatar, did WotC explain why they removed deities from paladins? To differentiate further from clerics?

Edit: Never mind, apparently clerics follow domains. Strange that WotC put so much lore into gods just to drop it as a mechanic.

Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Yeah, it really surprises me. I don’t follow DND or WotC that closely.

You don't have to follow much of anything closely to figure it out. They don't want to offend people. They want to be praised for being inclusive. Its the same as when they got rid of negative orc and kobol traits. Its the same as them dropping the word "race" and replacing it with "species". They want the most bland, unoffensive game system and world possible so that this made up group of diverse players can feel welcome.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Booted BG3 just to see the current state of the game and I have this odd feeling that much hasn't changed? Like graphics ,movies and meaningless shit to impress consoomers doesnt matter for me, they didn't include much from the supplemental materials and the new class additions feels barebones, for example as paladins not being to choose a deity for their roleplay ?
Visually the character creation pretty much the same with the same template faces where you can dye your weird AI generated creature with funky colors this time. No other options like race variants or choosing equipment to at least give some flavor to your character background.
Game is releasing in august but I see too many skeletons and not much meat around me. Compared to DoS2 at least I felt they made their presentation pretty robust in terms of content and character creation.

Companions I just plan to eject them at the first possible chance and create a custom character even if I'm losing story content from, I think I never met a so unlikable line up of character in my life.

Paladins in 5e are supposed to swear to their oath and not to deities, though in the Forgotten Realms they are supposed to always have deities. WOTC has been extremely vague about this and has mostly let the DM do whatever they want with this issue, you can read about this here:

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/153477/do-forgotten-realms-paladins-have-to-follow-a-deity
Paladins are Oathkeepers now?

Fucking alt-right taking over everything.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
scytheavatar, did WotC explain why they removed deities from paladins? To differentiate further from clerics?

Edit: Never mind, apparently clerics follow domains. Strange that WotC put so much lore into gods just to drop it as a mechanic.
No Gods no Masters

And no it's not anything close to about being inoffensive, it's about electing a new customer base.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
it's about electing a new customer base.

LOL!!! What a strange choice of words. You must be the new customer base.

It's from the poem The Solution Die Lösung by Berthold Brecht:

After the uprising of the 17th JuneNach dem Aufstand des 17. Juni
The Secretary of the Writers UnionLieß der Sekretär des Schriftstellerverbands
Had leaflets distributed in the StalinalleeIn der Stalinallee Flugblätter verteilen
Stating that the peopleAuf denen zu lesen war, daß das Volk
Had forfeited the confidence of the governmentDas Vertrauen der Regierung verscherzt habe
And could win it back onlyUnd es nur durch verdoppelte Arbeit
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easierzurückerobern könne. Wäre es da
In that case for the governmentNicht doch einfacher, die Regierung
To dissolve the peopleLöste das Volk auf und
And elect another?Wählte ein anderes?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
It’s hard to wrap my head around a company ditching its own fantasy gods of all flavors and mechanics, but I guess it tracks with the current insanity.

Turn_BASED

Educated
This is so different compared to ToEE where simply drinking alcohol could cause your paladin to fall.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why does reshade crash with vulkan?

Are u guys using direct x 11 or vulkan? why the fuck arent larian doing Direct x 12? gfucking larian

Anyway, reshade is best with x11 or what

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is so different compared to ToEE where simply drinking alcohol could cause your paladin to fall.
But going to the brothel in Nulb doesn't.
Where a paladin sheathes his sword is none of your business
All those whores need to be redeemed, right?
He was just providing some lay on hands and cure disease while exercising his own immunity to disease.

:whiteknight:
I mean, it’s really a shame all those charisma-based discounts are not properly utilized.

Takamori

Learned
Why does reshade crash with vulkan?

Are u guys using direct x 11 or vulkan? why the fuck arent larian doing Direct x 12? gfucking larian

Anyway, reshade is best with x11 or what
Last waltz I played with vulkan and it was pretty stable. Given they use as standard I fear Dx12 is an after thought in Larian mind

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom