Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Larianshill

Arbiter
"Wild Magic" barbarian how does that work???
It's pretty lame. On level 3, every time you rage some wacky shit happens.

tnhbn0R.png

On level 6, you can buff people by touching them. On level 10 you can roll on the table every time you are damaged, and the capstone is rolling twice and picking the result.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Someone review these classes and put them in an Official Class Tier List please!

oROSZB7.png
That's going to be pretty fucking impossible, because of how much Larian changes things from DnD. For example, in the tabletop berserker barbarian is one of the worst and most hated subclasses in the game, because every time you frenzy you gain a crippling stack of Exhaustion. In Baldur's Gate 3, it's one of the best subclasses, because no exhaustion. Since the Druid patch, they've also started adding new little abilities to everything, sometimes pretty game-changing.

Larianshill

Arbiter
BTW, what is "Spore" Druid Class? "Seedmaster"? How it works?
It's the "icky" druid. You can hurt people by standing next to them, create zombies, lay exploding traps and so on. It's the one druid, aside from Moon, that is expected to fight in melee.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
BTW, what is "Spore" Druid Class? "Seedmaster"? How it works?
It's the "icky" druid. You can hurt people by standing next to them, create zombies, lay exploding traps and so on. It's the one druid, aside from Moon, that is expected to fight in melee.
I was quite right. Especially if you change "squirrel" on "pixie".

jf8350143

Liturgist
We need more companions beyond the four them confirmed. 4 is nowhere near enough for this kind of game.

Larian's origin character is bascially another protagnist instead of companions, and it sucks ass.

BruceVC

Magister

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
With other Larian games, I would agree, but I'll say again that the companions as they were during the first year or so of EA were refreshingly well-written compared to the usual stuff Bioware et al churn out.

Not having companions designed from the ground up to make you simp for them was pure incline. If you actually had patience with them, they'd become more empathetic - sort of like real people. See, real people don't just start trusting or liking someone just because they have a similar worm in their brain.

But enough people whined and now we have a win button for Shadowheart in the prologue and all the others were dumbed down into being less antagonistic.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, I'm calling it RPG of the Decade.
Im also leaning towards that recognition but I am going to wait till its been released and I have played it
Are you people retarted? It's not even the best RPG this year.
Well we dont know that yet until its full release and then it will get voted on?
You guys have been playing it for years. What exactly will be in the full release that you haven't seen already?

BruceVC

Magister
Yeah, I'm calling it RPG of the Decade.
Im also leaning towards that recognition but I am going to wait till its been released and I have played it
Are you people retarted? It's not even the best RPG this year.
Well we dont know that yet until its full release and then it will get voted on?
You guys have been playing it for years. What exactly will be in the full release that you haven't seen already?
I havent played any early access, I have just been following official updates and the occasional gameplay experience video

I want my first playthrough to be as exciting as possible

Reinhardt

Arcane
"Wild Magic" barbarian how does that work???
It's pretty lame. On level 3, every time you rage some wacky shit happens.

tnhbn0R.png

On level 6, you can buff people by touching them. On level 10 you can roll on the table every time you are damaged, and the capstone is rolling twice and picking the result.
hey, buffing dress-wearer for more damage+throwing they/them as single action sounds cool!

Harthwain

Magister
You paid money for a demo. You don't get to throw that word around, little man.
...said the guy who's BUYING ITEMS in "a complete finished product!", while failing to see the bigger picture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom